Popular on eTradeWire
- Vegan travel has changed forever! 217
- Local Travel Professional Becomes Cunard Voyage Expert by Earning Top Rank in Cunard Academy 192
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup' 135
- Full Schedule for the Women in Travel Summit North America Released 122
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Features 'Book Now, Pay Later' Special Offer 121
- 'Around the World Open House' features $20G in giveaways 115
- Celebrate National Plan for Vacation Day with The Merrill Hotel 113
- Make Money on YouTube Without Making A Video 108
- All You Need To Know About Cruises Departing From New York and New Jersey 105
- Revenue Insight emerges as world's leading business intelligence solution for hospitality industry
Similar on eTradeWire
- New Travel App OodyMate Empowers People to Eat Like a Local, with Locals
- Travelers Haven Focuses on End-to-End Customer Experience
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
- TourMega is growing as the largest AI-powered search engine and chatbot to serve travel activities
- New Viruses Create Urgent Need for Fresh Flight product
- Does Southwest Airlines offer Wi-Fi on the plane
- Zezgo Rent A Car today announce the imminent opening of two branches in Jordan as the rollout of the new premium brand
- Take Fun, Passion, Excitement to Next Level with Desert Safari UAE Latest Dubai Desert Safari Packages
- State of Yucatan Takes Home Two Travvys
- Grenada passports issued under their Citizenship by Investment ("CBI") reach all time high
C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment's Travel Salary Index – July 2019
• Average travel salaries cross £29,000 barrier
• Wages for standard new travel jobs see big monthly jump
• New candidate and vacancy numbers fall again
The average wage for a new job in travel reached a record high last month after breaking through the £29,000 barrier for the first time, according to the latest Travel Salary Index from C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment which surveyed all new vacancies registered with the companies during the month.
With a 3.91 per cent monthly rise, the average new travel role came with a salary of £29,286 in July, smashing the previous record figure of £28,382 which was set just three months ago in April. The rolling 12-month average stood at +4.95 per cent, meaning that the barometer has remained above +4.5 per cent every month so far in 2019.
Salaries for standard travel jobs (those paying up to £40,000) also rose by a very strong 5.81 per cent in July which is the largest month-on-month rise since last November. Meanwhile, the rolling 12-month average increased by a healthy 3.95 per cent.
More on eTradeWire News
- Alkaline Phosphatase Staining Kit
- Why good, kind, and positive people are always happier
- Assault Industries introduces a new UTV specific tool kit!
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present THE FOUR TOPS
- Lawton Improv Theatre Set To Release First Performance of the Year
Summer affects activity
Candidate and vacancy numbers both fell once again in July, but there were more positive signs as the number of new travel jobs being made available dipped by just one per cent from June, while the number of new jobseekers fell by just half a per cent from the same month last year.
Speaking about the stats, Barbara Kolosinska, Director at C&M Travel Recruitment (http://www.candm.co.uk/) and C&M Executive Recruitment, said: "The four per cent rise in salaries is great to see and it's very encouraging for the industry because it will potentially tempt some candidates back into the market in search of these excellent pay packages. But this doesn't hide the fact that it remains a candidate-driven market with a continuing lack of quality active jobseekers.
"August always suffers from summer holiday distractions, so activity levels are likely to remain subdued in the final days of this month, but we're hopeful that we'll have a much-needed boost when September arrives."
C&M Travel Recruitment was established in 1998 and is the largest and most successful specialist travel recruitment company in the UK.
- Panel Built Modular Pump Houses Offer Convenient Protection with Quick Installation
- First Bancorp Of Indiana, Inc. Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend
- New Missouri Association of Manufacturers Board of Directors
- Physiotherapy Appointments Available at Clinic in Knowle Village
- City Barbeque opening in New Albany, Ohio on March 2
- Griot Gala Oscars 2020 Party Celebrates Diversity & Inclusion
- Fast Tilt Retaining Walls Construction Event Extended - Register Now
- Looking how to protect your money and income from Medicaid by Les Robinson CLTC
- Warfighter Palooza Coming To Glendale
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- CJV Real Estate Has a New Listing in Denver, CO 80203
- Platinum Educational Group Announce New CIO
- Better Food for a Better Life with Floricon Partners
- RMAPORTAL releases Multi-Language Product Returns Automation software update
- FSR's Smart-Way Floor Raceway System Now Hosted By ARCAT
- 889 Global Solutions Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- 'Landscapes and Seascapes: The Great Outdoors' Exhibit at Mason House Gallery
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- Miami-Dade County Value Adjustment Board (VAB) Selects Pioneer To Implement Axia™
- Window Treatment Marketing Pros Adds Amy Wolff Interiors to Growing Client List