Popular on eTradeWire
- One Of Hip Hop's Secret Unknown Gem Black Diamond 3901
- One of the pioneers of the MedTech field, Peter McCredie, joins the MedTech Visionaries Awards 847
- Perfect Fabric for Wide Variety of Dresses 790
- Coming Next Week: Palm Beach Chapter of the Rare Fruit Council to Host TROPICAL FRUIT & PLANTS 786
- Remodeling Experts Share Seven (Costly) Mistakes to Avoid 781
- Calvetta Phair launches new Refer All Staffing App with Corporate and Community Events 766
- Rook Coffee Accepts Applications For Second Annual Day of Giving 765
- The Gem City's Ready To Shine As Fashion Capital Of Midwest With Dayton Fashion Week 687
- New Proposal May Allow Debt Collectors to Communicate Through Social Media 450
- Zoom Electric Scooters brings the future to today with their range of 100% electric Mopeds 352
Similar on eTradeWire
- Live the Lifestyle of Downton Abbey at One of Ireland's Blue Book
- Patagonia Camp Provides the Perfect Backdrop for a Girls Getaway
- itravelfulltime.com Launches as the World's Greatest Remote Jobs Platform & Network for Travelers
- CEO and Founder of Wanderful Launches Speaking Tour with Travel & Adventure Show
- ON-FOOT App Features Immersive and Interactive Toronto Ghost Tours
- The RV Advisor's New Partnership with Harvest Hosts Sure to Be a Hit With RVers
- The RV Advisor Partners with Boondockers to Expand Exploding RV Community
- Estilios Launches New Hot Air Hairbrush
- Hostfully and Rented.com partnership announcement
- Mérida, Capital of State of Yucatán Takes Top Spot at Condé Nast Traveler's 2019 Readers' Choice Award
C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment's Travel Salary Index – July 2019
• Average travel salaries cross £29,000 barrier
• Wages for standard new travel jobs see big monthly jump
• New candidate and vacancy numbers fall again
The average wage for a new job in travel reached a record high last month after breaking through the £29,000 barrier for the first time, according to the latest Travel Salary Index from C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment which surveyed all new vacancies registered with the companies during the month.
With a 3.91 per cent monthly rise, the average new travel role came with a salary of £29,286 in July, smashing the previous record figure of £28,382 which was set just three months ago in April. The rolling 12-month average stood at +4.95 per cent, meaning that the barometer has remained above +4.5 per cent every month so far in 2019.
Salaries for standard travel jobs (those paying up to £40,000) also rose by a very strong 5.81 per cent in July which is the largest month-on-month rise since last November. Meanwhile, the rolling 12-month average increased by a healthy 3.95 per cent.
More on eTradeWire News
- Center for Relational Health LV to host workshops based on Brené Brown best-sellers 'Daring Greatly' and 'Rising Strong'
- PearlFection Dentistry in Urbana Maryland Moving to Urbana Giant Shopping Center
- An action everyone should take before preparing food
- New Solutions With Battalion Tree Service In Texas, Servicing Mid County, Hardin, Jefferson Area's &
- Concierge Auctions Announces Largest Sale Ever of the Most Valued Global Properties—All Closing at Auction in Three Bidding Days Live in Hong Kong
Summer affects activity
Candidate and vacancy numbers both fell once again in July, but there were more positive signs as the number of new travel jobs being made available dipped by just one per cent from June, while the number of new jobseekers fell by just half a per cent from the same month last year.
Speaking about the stats, Barbara Kolosinska, Director at C&M Travel Recruitment (http://www.candm.co.uk/) and C&M Executive Recruitment, said: "The four per cent rise in salaries is great to see and it's very encouraging for the industry because it will potentially tempt some candidates back into the market in search of these excellent pay packages. But this doesn't hide the fact that it remains a candidate-driven market with a continuing lack of quality active jobseekers.
"August always suffers from summer holiday distractions, so activity levels are likely to remain subdued in the final days of this month, but we're hopeful that we'll have a much-needed boost when September arrives."
C&M Travel Recruitment was established in 1998 and is the largest and most successful specialist travel recruitment company in the UK.
- Egg freezing now covered for cancer patients in California
- Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida hires Dr. Douglas Brian Keck and promotes Cathy Brockman
- Streamsoft Bows Artist Connection for Artist Approval
- Comedic heavyweights Blameitonkway, B Simone & Jess Hilarious team up for BIGGEST Halloween Party in Atlanta, GA
- Kevin Ahmadi wins ENPY award as 'Nonprofit Executive of the Year' for 2019
- LIFEwalk 2019 3 laps to change destinies, 3 laps to change the world
- Skyline and Sky-Watch Partner to Provide Enhanced Defense and Security Solutions
- Desert Foothills Theater announces productions, events for November, December
- Government Marketing University Names Finalists for 2019 GAINER Awards
- Bob Gold Recognized as the 2019 Communications Professional of the Year by PRSA
- "Four Brothers in Arms" by Ian McGill is published
- MCH Strategic Data helps customers drive value from data while spending less time on maintenance
- 1st Defense Self-Storage Sets The Standard For Self-Storage In Corpus Christi
- First Annual $10,000 Clean Tech Award Competition Launched
- Women Presidents' Organization Announces Stacie Feller Newest Member of Prestigious Women's Business Organization
- Valley Vista Ski Products Introduces Bootaclava
- Top Winner of the Latin Podcast Awards 2019 Latino USA from NPR
- The American Vaping Association Joins Oral Cancer Initiative's Fight Against Oral Cancer
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Previously Announced Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Kalos Therapeutics Stengthens Executive Team