Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 551
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 187
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 185
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 175
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 171
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 159
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 144
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 117
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 110
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles
Similar on eTradeWire
- SA Prep Announces the Tunette Powell Writing Award Competition Recipients
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- Dr. Samuel Martin-Barbero named to Edu Alliance Group Advisory Council
- Most Dekalb Parents Want a Safe Plan for School Reopening
- Local NJ Executive Director With The John Maxwell Team, Hosts Event On Combating Student Stress?
- Italian Cultural Institute Webinar Series: FELLINI FOREVER
- Rep. Daniel Pae Recognized With OICA 2020 Legislative Leader Award
- National Pit Bull Victim Awareness Day
- Calvetta Phair Founder of 'The On It Foundation' Launch the First 'Crowd-Computer' Platform 'Get On It Now!' to Assist Families during the Pandemic
- Ventura College Foundation Accepting Scholarship Applications for 2021-22 School Year
NSME was founded in 1980. By 1984, 2 million students were participating in their ground-breaking mock elections, and 5 million by 1988; former presidents Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford became Co-chairs; and, a strong National Advisory Board was enacted with power figures like First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, as well as Paul Kirk, Frank Fahrenkopf, Bill Diamond, William Milliken, Charles Robb, and Roy Rommer, to name a few.
NSME has been a leader in student mock elections for decades and it now making a significant move to maintain its relevance in the 21st century. "We are excited to be at this stage in our project's growth", states Ramon Barquin, Chairman of NSME, "We live in an exciting world now with technology driving our actions every day. Our youth are particularly affected by technology and we as adults need to present learning opportunities using the latest and greatest in technology – AmericaU does just that".
More on eTradeWire News
- Aloha Joe Free Virtual Concert And Fundraiser For Clean Energy
- Global Chamber Member Aspen Capital Fund Sponsors Esteemed Awards Event
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Donates Over $ 1 Million to Community-Based Organizations & National Nonprofits Through Their Tithe the Tithe Initiative
- Glutamine Synthetase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- PYNK TALKS: TikTok Star Renata D'Agrella Talks Life as a Content Creator in NYC
Leveraging the very successful gameplay of games like Minecraft and Fortnite, AmericaU has created a game that kids like to play, but one where the kids learn critical life skills like entrepreneurship, health & wellness, good character and civics. "Just imagine a student as excited about playing the AmericaU learning game, as they are playing Fortnite. Given this dynamic there's no need for the teacher to teach nor even allocate classroom time – the student will do it on their own and during their own time", states Scott Dow, President of AmericaU.
Once the students have voted on the NSME site, they will be rewarded with a free 1 year scholarship to AmericaU (normally costs $500/yr). They will then join their peers in the game as they learn the importance of civics in a democratic country as they learn how to create wealth, health and character. This is not a one-time event, but rather a multi-year experience of why, what and how a country is formed.
If you want a link to give to your students to download the app, then please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the National Student Mock Election
The National Student Mock Election (NSME) is the world's largest national mock election. It is the Nation's largest civic education project ever, whose purpose is to empower a new generation of Americans to "preserve and protect" government of the people, by the people and for the people" for the generations to come. For more than 37 years, the Mock Election has played a critical role in the nation's civic education of voters with over 67 million student participants. Its network of coordinators in every election include over 50,000 educators and parents in tens of thousands of schools in the United States, its territories, and Department of Defense School District overseas. More information about the National Student Mock Election ant its activities at http://www.2020NSME.com.
More on eTradeWire News
- Bill Geller Named to Florida Realtors Honor Society
- 8 Things to Remember When You Renovate
- Singer/Songwriter Martin L. Williams to Release Four New Singles
- Buy Website Traffic - Get Targeted Quality Traffic - Real Human Website Traffic
- Terra Cover Launches ReaLSAT as New Surface Water Monitoring Service
AmericaU is a world leader in kid-driven, game-based learning that uses gaming to motivate kids to learn how to create wealth, health, good character and 21st century life-skills. Over the past 8 years, more than 10 million kids have learned how to be a successful citizen and global worker and leader. Working with organizations like Harvard, the US Dept of Justice and many non-profit and corporate leaders. For more information go to http://www.AmericaU.com.
- Waveband Communications Introduces Next-Gen MOTOTRBO PTT Products
- Author Motaz H. Matar Hosts Reading of The Pigeon Whisperer
- Academic Search Engine Fights The Discord Caused By Cyber Abuse
- Russell Whittle Unravels COVID and Related Workers' Compensation Concerns for Municipalities
- Announcing PSIsafe 12 with Advanced Indexing & Search Functionality
- Deep Reality: Why Source Science May Be the Key to Understanding Human Potential
- SELA Collaborative Denounces Shortened Census Timeline and Expresses Appreciation for Regional Partnerships and Innovative Recruitment Strategies
- Agile 2 Officially Launches Today!
- National Van Lines Expands New York Scope
- Subaru Vehicle Protection Plans from autopom! Include No-Fee Payment Options
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- Invisalign in Exton is an Affordable Alternative to Traditional Braces
- Story of Legendary LeMoyne-Owen College Coach Featured at the Indie Memphis Film Festival
- African American Heritage Sites of Chesapeake Bay to be Documented with Laser Scanning
- Author Priscilla Oliveras Releases Holiday Romance Novella - Holiday Home Run
- North Bay "Innovates" Tourism with the Driftscape App
- L-Tron to Host Complimentary Public Safety Webinar: Police Communication When It Matters Most
- Trilliant and Nolin RECC Further Partnership Delivering AMI Connectivity Across Central Kentucky
- Saya International Corporation Announces Strategic Plan
- Joe Biden Accepted Money from China & Russia It's true