Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 578
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 217
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 204
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 188
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 188
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 180
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 176
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 135
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 127
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 120
Similar on eTradeWire
- KRAVIS CENTER: Public Ticket Sale for 20/21 Season Starts This Friday at 10 am Online Only
- Mounts Botanical Garden Announces 3 New Board Members
- Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction #82, Nov. 15th, features masterpieces, rarities
- Local Author Brings Mother's Memory to Life
- Author Motaz H. Matar Hosts Reading of The Pigeon Whisperer
- Charlotte Art Institutions Team to Combat Racism
- Sculptures and works on paper by Erté and Louis Icart will be sold online by Neue Auctions, Oct. 24
- Despite Covid - Live performances for virtual youth festival
- Art Exhibition - Hard Edge for a New Generation: Introducing Andrew Mandolene
Chadwick Boseman's "42" & Short Social Justice Films Honor Late SF Black Film Festival Director Kali O'Ray
Contact: Temi Adamolekun
Regan Baker Design Presents A Drive-In Movie Night In Support of Black Creatives
An Evening of Social Justice created with San Francisco Black Film Festival, Oakland International Film Festival and LMNOP
Honoring the memory of the late Kali O'Ray, San Francisco Black Film Festival Director
Aware of the fact that Black people have long been under-represented in the design industry, Regan Baker Design is committed to doing the work to being part of the change. For the 2020 San Francisco Decorator Showcase, Baker chose to use her platform to highlight the work of Black female artists. To use her platform to amplify and elevate the voices of the artists, Regan and her team created a short film, "Perspective" about the artists.
Realizing the power of the film medium to communicate stories that need to be told, and with drive-in theaters experiencing a renaissance around the country, Regan Baker Design reached out to the Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture to host a drive-in movie night in support of Black creatives. Working closely with the San Francisco Black Film Festival, this evening is an homage to their late founder, Kali O'Ray.
"Kali was at the heart of Black filmmaking in San Francisco," said Jackie Wright, the festival's publicist and a friend. "He was a bearer of light and took seriously the responsibility of bringing people from all races together to examine the positive stories about the worldwide African diaspora."
"Kali is greatly missed. Words cannot express the feeling I have had over the years just knowing he was around and working tirelessly to serve and protect the culture of African people here and abroad. We shared notes to increase our impact to counter the images used throughout the media to undermine our advancements and contributions to the world," said David Roach, Founder & Executive Director of the Oakland International Film Festival. "In his spirit, The 19th Oakland International Film Festival (2021) is proud to honor such a good friend, comrade, father, and husband. May we continue to fill the shoes he wore with righteousness, love and justice for all."
More on eTradeWire News
- TRENIQUES Hosts Singer-Songwriter Shay Leonia
- New Look! Same Quality Service
- Private Placement Markets to Expand its Alternative Energy Operations
- 2015 Silver Ford Escape For Sale!
- The Ocean County YMCA needs your help
In partnership with the San Francisco Black Film Festival, the Oakland International Film Festival and LMNOP Design + Build teams, the film 42 was selected. 42, is a biographical film about baseball player Jackie Robinson, the first black athlete to play in Major League Baseball. Though set in 1946, the film powerfully highlights how much work we still have to do to fight for racial justice.
"An Evening of Social Justice" will also include a screening of Perspective: A look at the work of four Black Female Artists whose work and stories resonated with Regan and her team:Tawny Chatmon, Lauren Pearce, Christa David and Marie Alexander. The San Francisco Black Film Festival team, long term advocates of social justice, chose to add America Needs A Racial Facial to the line-up. A short film by the late San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi, a frequent police misconduct watchdog and bail reform advocate, the film is about race in America, depicting both the division and blending that has characterized the history and treatment of people of color in this country.
Tickets are $75 per car and all proceeds will be donated to supporting Black creatives. The beneficiaries of all proceeds raised will be the San Francisco Black Film Festival, Oakland International Film Festival and the Black Artists + Designers Guild.
TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE: https://fortmason.org/event/flix/42-movie/
FORT MASON FLIX is at Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture, 2 Marina Boulevard, San Francisco, CA 94123. An Evening of Social Justice will take place on Wednesday, October 21st. Doors open at 5pm. For more information please visit www.reganbakerdesign.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on eTradeWire News
- CEREC Crowns from Lehigh Valley Dentist Can Be Placed in as Little as One Visit
- San Francisco Town Hall Fights Anti-Asian Discrimination and Launches New Campaign
- Woody's Bar-B-Q® Raises $6,000 for Tim Tebow Foundation
- ACEC/MA Announces BSC Group as 2020 winner of Bronze Engineering Excellence Award
- Mount Wi-Fi Access Points on Walls with Oberon's 1007 Series Right-Angle Bracket
For direct contributions to the work of Kali O'Ray:
Two Donation Options
Tribute to Kali O'Ray & Chadwick Boseman:"The Power of the Heroic Figure"-Live Talk @SFBFF
UGA playwright's 'RIOT! 1906 Atlanta' sheds light on Atlanta's dark history/Spot lighted at San Francisco Black Film Festival
- Imagine 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours, Welcome to QLSM
- AgeGuide Elects Gregory Barry to its Board of Directors
- Information Security Forum's Annual World Congress Live Broadcast
- Greasezilla Announces Plans to Launch Hub-and-Spoke Regional Systems for Biodiesel Manufacturers
- PearlFection Dentistry Does Implant Supported Dentures with Zygoma Implants
- Ideanomics Enters into US EV Manufacturing Market
- Autonomous Announces First Ever Standing Desk with User-Adjustable Anti-Collision Feature
- Alexander Lumber Introduces Two New Window Lines
- I Stephen Byrd 10 years ago created 10 Minute Movies for Mobile Devices
- TVS Select Network to Fill Quibi Gap With Free Mobile Program Focus on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Flippo Construction Company, Inc Awarded Miss Utility 2019-2020 Dig Smart Award for Washington DC
- Characteristics of Effective Reinforcer Delivery with Children with an ASD
- Organimi Named G2 High Performer For Organizational Charts
- Diamond Packaging Wins Three Awards in 2020 Packaging Impressions Excellence Awards Competition
- The NYC Re-tails & Sales Pet Expo Announces New Virtual and In-Person Dates
- Annual Thanksgiving Day celebrations return to both the Bavarian Inn Restaurant & Lodge
- Blood Immortal, available on DVD October 20th
- CIMdata's Don Tolle to Participate in an upcoming Webinar on Aircraft Quality and Reliability
- Dental Implants in Springfield Start at Only $750
- KDG Named a Top 2020 B2B Company by Clutch.co