Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 577
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 212
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 203
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 187
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 187
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 177
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 176
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 134
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 124
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 117
Similar on eTradeWire
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- Molly Secours' New Book "White Privilege Pop Quiz" Drawing Early National Praise
- Struggling with Schooling at Home? Free Course in How to Study Effectively a Boon to COVID Learner
- Studica Celebrates 35 Years in Business
- ACES Congratulates Texas A&M University-San Antonio (A&M-SA) on New Dean, College of Arts & Sciences
- ASA to Offer Personal Property Principles of Valuation Courses Online
- SA Prep Announces Recipients for the Tunette Powell Writing Award for Transformation Competition
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- Dr. Samuel Martin-Barbero named to Edu Alliance Group Advisory Council
- Most Dekalb Parents Want a Safe Plan for School Reopening
The program is divided into three units--Aerospace (October 19 through December 18), Solar Chemistry (January 18 through March 26) and 3D Printing and Robotics (April 12 through June 18). Club members meet Monday through Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (virtually and when approved, in person).
The STEM Club units were designed by staff from the Columbia Memorial Space Center (https://www.columbiaspacescience.org/) in Downey. The center opened in 2009 and is recognized as the national memorial to the space shuttle Columbia and its crew that were lost in 2003. It is a hands-on learning center and is dedicated to sharing the excitement of science with the public. Columbia staff members will lead the STEM Club meetings.
More on eTradeWire News
- What is Google Help? How does it work?
- "Autism's Got Talent" Crowns Inaugural Winner
- iPOP Alum Matt Cornett's Hit Show Will Debut a Holiday Special this December
- iPOP Alum Karan Brar's Latest Film, Hubie Halloween Now on Netflix
- Dr. Richard Facko, DDS of Palos Pediatric Dentistry appears on Chicagoland Chats
"Sixth, seventh and eighth graders with a desire to have a hands-on learning experience using science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) will love the Y's STEM Club," says Tori Cusack, the Y's enrichment classes director. "It's an opportunity to take what they've learned in school to the next level."
The club curriculum includes rocketry and exploring space. Participants will build with club-provided LEGO Mindstorms education kits and create objects with 3D printers.
"STEM Club is a great example of how the YMCA is so much more than 'swim and gym,'" says Cusack. "The Y is always creating new ways to engage and inspire kids, adults and the community. Our board was actively involved in working with the Space Center and a generous, anonymous grant provided funds to help underwrite much of the costs."
The fee is $49 per unit and includes club materials. The units do not build upon each so parents can register their kids for all three units or a specific unit.
To sign up to receive more information about STEM Club, go to www.sevymca.org/STEM.
- Identity: The Podcast Seeing the Signs feat. Serenity Thyme
- Axiomtek's Robust, Low Power-Consumption Embedded PC with Customizable Features - eBOX626-311-FL
- Michael Masor Brings Safe Money Radio To Butte & Missoula
- BYD Delivers Battery-Electric Buses to Macon-Bibb County Transit Authority
- Waterside Productions Announces Susie Cox's New Book, "The Future of the United States"
- Only 8 homes remain at Heritage at Pennington
- Longstanding Viera/Suntree brokerage Vista Florida Realty LLC merges with Dale Sorensen Real Estate, Inc
- Attorney John L. Ward of Ward Law Group Recognized in Super Lawyers Magazine
- FlexUnity project promises to disrupt business models on energy communities and foster the active role of consumers and prosumers
- The Round Table Talk Show Candidly Interviews Entrepreneurs
- Supernatural Trifecta: Halloween, Blue Moon, and Love & Homegrown Magic
- strEATS Kitchen brings a familiar face to Calgary's Beltline
- Exhibit Systems Rebrands as Captivate Exhibits
- Kathy Hobday Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- The Effects of Manual Osteopathy in Pregnancy and After Giving Birth – Part Three
- Jenna Guarneri Accepted Into Forbes Business Council
- Dale Tondryk Brings Retirement & Income Radio To Excelsior
- SmartBear Announces Investment from Vista Equity Partners
- Cloe Wilder Releases New Single, "Call Me If You Need Me"
- Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction #82, Nov. 15th, features masterpieces, rarities