Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5425
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 160
- Local quality of life services agency director, Dr. Anthony M. McCrovitz, invited as keynote speaker for Rehabilitation Forum in Saudi Arabia 138
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 107
- EPIC Crude Oil Pipeline Announces Re-Opening of Second Open Season
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
Similar on eTradeWire
- AQUARIAN® Brand's New Packaging Look
- xzyReptiles Announces Hypo Columbian Red Tail Boas for Sale
- Pet Sitters International encourages pet owners to 'shop local' this vacation season
- Connecticut-Based CPA Celebrates 10 Years In Business & Honors Departed Pet Dog
- Freshen up your Home This Spring with Pet Deodorizer from Oxyfresh!
- Local Non-profit To Open Low Cost Veterinary Clinic In West Covina, Ca
- Pet Food Co-Op, Ferox Inc, launches label contest for one "lucky dog."
- DOGTV Crowns Dog Mom of the Year!
- Dope Dog Releases Asian Carp CBD Dog Treats
- Cats and Cat Owners Benefit from Kitchen Dog Elevated Dish Sets, Too!
PSI is the world's leading educational association for professional pet-sitting and dog-walking businesses. The association represents nearly 6,000 member businesses in the United States, Canada and more than 15 other countries.
"The professional pet-sitting industry has experienced significant growth in the last two and a half decades," said Moran. "At PSI we feel our mission of 'promoting pet-sitting excellence through education' is more important than ever before."
Moran developed pet sitting as a profession after starting her own pet-sitting business in North Carolina in 1983. After word of her business spread to other parts of the United States, Moran was prompted to put her how-to advice on paper. Her book, Pet Sitting for Profit, was published in 1987 and is often referred to as the "bible of professional pet sitting."
Moran didn't stop there. Requests for her pet-sitting forms led to the start of Patti Moran's Products for Professional Pet Sitters and as others joined her in the profession, she ultimately founded PSI in 1994.
More on eTradeWire News
- Accu Tech USA Announces New Distribution Partnership with TECHMAN ROBOT
- Accumen Inc. recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019
- Village Hearth Cohousing Brings Caring Community Lifestyle to Durham
- Prolific Press Has Published Driving Around, Looking in Other People's Windows by CL Bledsoe
- A Letter To Someone Struggling with Infertility: A Graduated Patient Shares Her Journey
"When I first started pet sitting, there was no one available to give me advice or point me toward business tools and educational resources to help me in my endeavors," said Moran. "I feel honored that I was able to share what I learned with others, and that PSI has been able to help thousands of pet lovers turn their passion for pets into successful careers."
Since its creation, PSI has been a trailblazer in the professional pet-care sector, with numerous contributions to the industry including:
• Partnering with Business Insurers of the Carolinas to provide the first-ever business insurance for professional pet sitters
• Publishing the first magazine for professional pet sitters, now called Pet Sitter's World
• Hosting the industry's first international conference, now called Pet Sitter World Educational Conference and hosted annually in November
• Offering the first-ever knowledge-assessed certification specifically for professional pet sitters
"Together with our members, PSI is continually shaping the standards of professional pet sitting and offering pet sitters and dog walkers around the globe the tools needed to succeed in this ever-changing profession," added Moran.
PSI has hosted various opportunities throughout the month to celebrate, including its first-ever online conference on March 7. The 25th anniversary celebration will culminate on Monday, March 18, with a live interview with Moran on the association's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/petsittersinternational).
More on eTradeWire News
- 2019 e.Builders Forum in Niagara Falls to Focus on Strengthening Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
- Rail Traction Converters and Subsystems By GD Rectifiers
- Songwriter/Producer, Colin Brittain Signs With Warner Chappell Music
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels provides Famous DoubleTree Cookies to ASU Baseball fans
- Goldsboro Wayne Branch NAACP to Hold Press Conference
To learn more about PSI and the professional pet-sitting industry, or to find a local PSI member pet-sitting business, visit www.petsit.com.
About Pet Sitters International
Founded in 1994 by Patti J. Moran, author of Pet Sitting for Profit, Pet Sitters International (PSI) is the world's largest educational association for professional pet sitters, with member pet-sitting businesses in the United States, Canada and more than 15 other countries. PSI members have access to the widest array of business services and educational resources available in the professional pet-sitting industry. PSI's Pet Sitter Locator is the largest online directory of professional pet sitters, and pet owners can visit petsit.com/locate to find local professional pet sitters.
Pet Sitters International
- From the Bay of Bengal to the Arabian Sea, Syrris celebrates 10 years in India
- Kitchen Magic Celebrates its 40th Anniversary
- AEB, Bongers Expeditie and ChannelPorts: Smart cooperation offers worry-free Brexit
- The Security Event – it did what it said on the tin
- LMS50 Announces New Online Employee Training Courses
- International Disaster Response Expo - Making a real difference
- First of its kind dementia care in Malpas
- "Military embedded systems market set to grow to $233bn by 2029" says new Visiongain report
- Cbre Data Centre Solutions Achieves Another Industry First With Cnet Training Certification
- PocketGuardian® uses patented machine learning technology to fight Cyberbullying and Depression!
- Australian Ride Share App has Wonderful Features
- Perceptum Launches Upgraded Website and New Services Offerings for 21st Century Professionals
- Quantitative rapid free light chain test registered in Brazil
- A New Zoho Application Is Launched – Zoho Marketing Hub
- Australian Architects & Interior Designers get International Design Powerhouse Support
- EnduroShield exhibits at the HD Expo, Las Vegas
- Xelxor Releases The Do-Yoo "App Stand" -- Eight In One Social Media Apps And No Downloading Required
- sPACYcLOUd Presents "Professional and Olympic Skateboarding" a Q&A Coffee Talk with Bryan Ridgeway of USA Skateboarding Olympic Committee
- Significant challenges to confront construction sector in 2019 and beyond
- Unity of Chicago South Hosts 'Mind, Body & Soul Expo: A Spiritual Experience'