Popular on eTradeWire
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 184
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 145
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 141
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 128
- Mercury Retrograde Celebrated by Tristate Astrologers on International Astrology Day 2019 124
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu 124
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 117
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Positive Chess teams up with Bethany School in Cincinnati
- University Archives' March 27th auction will feature many items signed by history's greatest figures
- YuMe Toys to Expand Presence in European Market as Maxx Marketing Seals New Distribution Partnerships
- Flagler Sportfishing Club Announces 2018 Year Long Fishing Tournament Winners
- Camping Supplies For Less: Affordable Camping Solutions For Wildlife Adventurers
- The Westin Grand, Vancouver Celebrates 20 Years of Grand Excellence
- Holabird's March 7-11 Wigwam Auction will celebrate America's Great Basin Native American heritage
- Chestnut Outdoors: Getting You Out Into The Wild World
- Helmet Heaven: Look Good, Stay Safe, Ride Hard
Woody Auction will hold an American Brilliant Cut Glass Auction, March 22nd-23rd in Douglass, Kansas
"Featured collections in this consignment sale include the late Barbara Pierce collection of Oregon, the lifetime collection of Walter and Marian Remke of Ohio, several pieces from the late Al Edmond collection of Iowa, and a couple of other exceptional private collections," said Jason Woody of Woody Auction. As with every Woody Auction event, all lots in this sale are being offered without reserves.
Anticipated top earners will be plentiful and will include an exceptional pair of Amberina three-arm candelabra in the Crosscut Diamond motif, having center pattern cut medallions with gilt metal fittings and perfect candle cups (six) and bobeche; and a 10 inch by 12 inch Flower Center in the Triple Mitre Trellis pattern by Egginton, boasting a hobstar base, step cut neck, deep hobs and an extra clear blank.
Punch bowls will include a very rare two-part example featuring an exquisite heart-shaped design with hobstar, cane, nailhead diamond, zipper and fan motif, as well as three large hobstars with lapidary cut centers, possibly the finest punch bowl Woody Auction has sold in over 15 years; and an outstanding single piece bowl, signed Sinclair, having three alternating bands of hobstar chain and a punte motif.
More on eTradeWire News
- World's First Visual Shows Evolution Of Eyelash Fashion Since 753 B.C
- Lumex Instruments Receive the Pittcon Today Excellence Award
- New single released by Mack Drama Records & BOBConsulting Group
- All-City Classic 302 Legends - Week 1 Wrap Up
- State of Nevada's Chief Information Officer (CIO) to Discuss Leadership at PMI Northern Nevada
Other lots to watch will feature a wonderful pair of mushroom shade table lamps in the El Tova pattern by Clark, 18 inches tall, with a full pattern cut base and electrified, each one having a single bulb; and a green cut to clear cider pitcher, 6 ¾ inches in height, with hobstar, bullseye, star and fan motif, a double notched handle and hobstar base. All of the items in this press release are American Brilliant Cut Glass.
The balance of the sale will be dominated by lovely, highly collectible vases, such as the rare, mid-size pedestal crescent vase signed Libbey in the Diana pattern, 10 ¾ inches tall with a scalloped hobstar petticoat foot and excellent blank; and the quality pedestal vase with across handles in the Jacqueminot pattern by Pairpoint, as featured in the Pairpoint catalog, with double notched handles and hobstar foot.
Other noteworthy pedestal vases will include a 20-inch-tall example with massive, quality blank cut in hobstar, cane, nailhead diamond, punty, strawberry diamond and fan motif, with a large, scalloped hobstar foot and a 5/8-inch-thick blank; and an 18 ¼ inch pedestal vase with a pattern that resembles Arcadian by Sinclair, with hobstar foot, an engraved rose décor flared rim and exceptional quality.
Paddles will wag for a magnificent 14 ¾ inch tall pedestal vase in the Genoa No. 2 pattern by Egginton, with a square base and exceptional quality; the large, 20 ½ inch tall vase in the Alhambra pattern by Meriden with a large hobstar base, one of the finest Woody Auction has sold; and an outstanding cylindrical, deep cranberry cut to clear vase in the Complete Russian pattern with star cut buttons.
Also offered will be a 24 ¼ inch tall trumpet vase in the Sultana pattern by Blackmer, having a huge hobstar scalloped foot and brilliant blank; and a cranberry cut to clear vase in the Iris pattern by Clark, 18 inches tall, boasting fantastic color and a large hobstar base. Many other fine vases will also be sold.
More on eTradeWire News
- Baltimore Pride: Former Daycare Owner Turns Children's Project into Popular Sweet Treats
- Miami Immigration Court grants release upon bond for Moldovan asylum seeker
- In a world with tragedy all around a new Fantasy Fiction brings relief
- Martin Brossman & Associates LLC Offers Professional Development Training With Simultaneous Webinar for CEU's at Low Cost
- Turbulent Times for Venezuela Deepens Teen Advocacy in 3rd Year of Support for Her Homeland
People can register and bid online at www.liveauctioneers.com/woody-auction-llc. Bidders are encouraged to register at least 48 hours in advance. There is no buyer's premium for bidders who attend in person and pay by cash or check. Online bidders will be charged a 15% buyer's premium when paying by cash or check and a 5% convenience fee will be applied to all credit card charges.
A preview will be held Friday, March 22nd, from noon to 5 pm. The sale is subject to an 8.75% sales tax. For more info or terms and conditions visit the Woody Auction website: www.WoodyAuction.com.
Woody Auction's 5,000-square-foot showroom is located at 130 East Third Street in Douglass – south and east of Wichita, not far from I-35 and Hwy. 54/Kellogg Rd. Moving forward, most auctions will be held in the Douglass gallery, starting at 9:30 am Central time, unless otherwise noted. The firm has a full slate of auctions lined up for the spring through the fall of 2019. These will include the following:
• April 6, 2019 – Royal Bayreuth & R.S. Prussia Auction
• May 4, 2019 – Cut Glass Auction
• May 18, 2019 – Online-Only Auction
• July 20, 2019 – RS Prussia Convention Auction, Grand Rapids, Mich.
• August 3, 2019 – Antiques Auction
• Sept. 21, 2019 – American & Brilliant Period Cut Glass Auction
Woody Auction is always accepting quality consignments for future sales. To consign an item, an estate or collection, you may call them at (316) 747-2694; or, you can e-mail them, at email@example.com. To learn more about Woody Auction and the March 22nd and 23rd auction, visit www.woodyauction.com.
- Saints Fans Finally Get Their Day
- Giving Back to the Community Bachata Social Fundraiser
- IT Disaster Recovery Plan Can Save Small Businesses From Going Bust
- Telliant Systems Encourages IT Students to Reach for the Stars
- Affiliated Parents Alliance (APA -NC) 501 (c) 3 initial board meeting
- Sci-Fi Author Announces Continuum To Revolutionary Space Opera Series
- Deltec International Group: Technology Driving Change Toward a Safer Banking Environment
- Carol Vasquez CD Release Event!
- The Payroll Company Launches Two-Part Article on Improving Employee Benefits Participation
- The Payroll Company, Inc., Announces Company's March 2019 Website Article Lineup
- Bronx Bomber Blues Media Internet Presence Is Exploding!
- VoidVR Announces I'm Fine VR Project
- Pete Laan - Let's Fake it til we make it!
- We must be much more careful when choosing whom to trust
- LARC Receives $12,150 Grant from The Southwest Florida Community Foundation
- Cloud Secrets: JEDI Cloud Contract Stirs Controversy, LA Moves to the Cloud + more
- Sensuron Expands Product Offering
- "Cost Effectiveness of Bundled Payments in Healthcare" Analysis by Dr. William Matzner
- Solvability Managing Partner Kathleen Wolf Selected as Panelist at GovCon
- Volunteer Pilot Dr. Matt Bogard shares his family's story of their Comanche Airplane