Popular on eTradeWire News
- Aramsco Inc. is pleased to announce the acquisition of Sun-Belt USA 717
- Beverly Hills PR Firm Signs 'Deeper Than Music Radio' Now Streaming on iHeartRadio 673
- Mobile game Maze: Shadow of Light Pre-registration begins on iOS and Android 334
- Crossover Film Festival is Live 225
- SOPHI Kickstarts Operations in Cebu 224
- Recording Artist Alisonus from Swansea UK signed Major Worldwide Global Distribution Deal! 206
- Reach Higher, Collegewise partner to make college counseling resources available to all students 203
- Compare Bear Announces New Free Resource to Help Customers Save Even More Money 196
- Area Leaders Impressed with Knovva Academy Students as they Visit Argentina for Y20 Activities 190
- LSUS Dean & Professor Violate Students' 1st Amendment Rights Nationwide 180
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Kate O'Brien, TransUnion Legal Director: The Law Department As A Business Enabler – Podcast By Chuki Obiyo
- NYT Report Outrages Trump - Yes, He Can Fire Mueller Himself
- Kelly Hyman, a Renowned Lawyer to be a Speaker at Women En Mass 2018
- Trucker Huss Director Ben Spater Inducted as Fellow of American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- SEC's New Disclosure Framework, ERISA and Tax Developments, Current Updates from SEC and FINRA Staff, and More at the ALI CLE Life Insurance P
- Preeminent Chicago Matrimonial Attorney Arthur Kallow Keynotes Legal Seminar Series
- Book 50 Ways to Get Your Way by Juliet Huck Promotes the Art of Persuading Others Using the Simple Power of Commonsense Values
- compareDocs from DocsCorp released with full support for iManage Work 10.2 integration via REST API
- JNN Group Announces Acceptance as CMMI Institute Partner
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes FGCU Alumni Jarred Duke to Business Litigation Department
"I am thrilled to celebrate our first full year in operation with all of our wonderful members, leaders, and other volunteers. We have accomplished so much in such a short time – in addition to our rapid growth, we have launched several virtual initiatives for our members, including our member directory, and have hosted dozens of events around the country bringing together women entrepreneurs in the law. As a result of these activities, our members have been able to learn from each other and make new connections, resulting in both business referrals and new business partnerships and strategic alliances.," said Nicole Galli, the Founder and President of WOL.
WOL's mission is to provide opportunities for women legal entrepreneurs to come together, support each other and help their businesses prosper. WOL establishes a forum for networking opportunities; increases visibility and media coverage of women entrepreneurs in the law; helps interested firms grow into larger organizations with significant influence in the legal industry; and provides an "on ramp" for women considering their own legal ventures.
In its first year, WOL has grown to include 200 members from over 20 states, as well as 1 member from Israel, and maintains regional presences in 18 locations, including Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey, D.C., New York City, Chicago, Dallas and Houston.
WOL is proud to grow its leadership with the election of seven new WOL Board Members: Alaina Fotiu-Wojtowicz, Nancy R. Kornegay, Lisa D. Love, Nancy J. Mertzel, Constance F. Ramos, Jessica B. Reddick, and Anne van Leynseele. Jennifer Lynn Robinson, Esquire, CEO of Purposeful Networking, is also joining WOL leadership as the Virtual Speaker Series Program Chair.
More on eTradeWire News
- Anand Mahurkar of Findability Sciences accepted into Forbes Technology Council
- Vovance Announced to Offer Cloud Computing Services to Global Clients
- Swiss International School Dubai Announces New Leadership and Developments for The New Academic Year
- "SAE" Students Win International Awards During their Participation in Four Film Festivals
- 90210 Cosmetic Dentist or Cosmetic Dentistry in Beverly Hills?
- Install MS office 365 and Best for your Business
- Beyond the Viewing Experience: How Samsung's QLED TV Incorporates Style with Function
"I believe surrounding yourself with interesting people is key to your personal development and professional success. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to get to know some incredible women and appreciate the welcoming atmosphere the leadership provides us as members." Jennifer Lynn Robinson, Esquire, WOL Member and CEO of Purposeful Networking.
In addition to growing the WOL Board, 7 new members have been added to WOL's Advisory Board, including Kimberly Berger, President and Chief Operating Officer of Her Corner, Amy Cahill, Partner at Cahill IP, Beth Kaufman, Partner at Schoeman Updike Kaufman & Gerber LLP, Jennifer Leonard, Director, Center of Professionalism at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, Helen Oscislawski, Managing Partner at Oscislawski Law, Debbie Swartz, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Chief Compliance Officer at AccessLex Institute, and Desiree Younge, VP of the Tory Burch Foundation. Two of these new Advisory Board members will be hosting upcoming WOL events: Her Corner will host mini accelerator sessions on March 14th (in Philadelphia) and 21st (in D.C.), giving WOL members a "little taste" of what is feels like to participate in an accelerator. The Tory Burch Foundation will host a night of networking in New York City on April 5th at the Tory Sport store in the Flatiron district in New York City.
"I work with developing women lawyers every day. I look forward to informing my work in support of the next generation of lawyers with the collective experiences and wisdom of the very impressive members of WOL. I hope to also contribute to WOL's vision by sharing my own experience and insight as a legal educator in an evolving legal landscape and as a former practicing attorney." Jennifer Leonard, Director, Center of Professionalism, University of Pennsylvania Law School.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Taming of the Drone-UAV - Faceless Airborne Terror
- ZooZwear Apparel Website Debut with The Top 25 Dog Breeds & The Top 10 Cat Breeds
- Vindaloo VoIP Announced to Offer Call shop Solution Development Service
- How to Reduce School Suspension With Students of Color
- Educator and Youth Advocate Addresses Middle School Bullying in her Latest Read The Misfits!
- Share the love, enjoy quality time with your loved ones in nature
- Tenfold Protocol Breaks DApp Scalability Wall with Top 10 Game HyperDragons
WOL also re-elected 4 existing Board members, bringing its total Board complement to xxx and its total Advisory Board team to xxxx. The WOL Advisory Board is led by Fran Griesing, Founder and Managing Member of Griesing Law.
"We are excited to welcome more strong, influential women into the WOL Leadership group. Each of WOL's Board and Advisory Board Members brings a unique story and perspective into the legal environment, expanding the diversity and influence of WOL and continuing to move us forward to reach more potential members. Without these volunteer leaders and the assistance of our fantastic Director of Operations, Amy Danziger Shapiro, it would be impossible for us to accomplish all that we have now and in the future." Said Nicole Galli.
WOL continues to attract interest across the country, gaining members in new regions and expanding its reach to provide resources and networking opportunities to a larger group of entrepreneurs in the law. To better support its activities, WOL's leadership is currently working on a new strategic plan, expected to be issued in the summer of 2018, and is continuing to host events and other activities across the country, including a Happy Hour in Dallas on March 20, 2018, when Board President, Nicole Galli, and Board Governance Chair, Cindy Towers, will be attending WBENC's Summit & Salute conference, and a launch event in Buffalo, NY on April 26.
Women Owned Law (WOL) is a Pennsylvania §501(c)(6) non-profit trade association. The mission of WOL is to provide opportunities for women legal entrepreneurs to come together, to support each other and to help its members' businesses prosper. For more information about WOL, go to https://www.womenownedlaw.org
Jordan Fischer, WOL Communications Chair
- Veteran-led Team Rubicon Supporting Response and Recovery Efforts in the Wake of Hurricane Florence
- Florida's Trusted Homebuyer "David Buys Houses Florida" Introduces New Website
- RE/MAX DFW Associates Welcomes Nora Dodds
- NYT Report Outrages Trump - Yes, He Can Fire Mueller Himself
- How to Examine Keyword Competition with Google?
- Nicholas Alahverdian Endorses PoliticalTalkNow
- Nepal Tour Package | Book Now Tour Packages of Nepal
- How Indoor Positioning and Navigation Technologies can Improve Convention Center Operations
- Logix Blossom County Dream Project sector 137 Noida
- Nimble launches a safe driving mobile app
- The Rap Flow in the Song 'T.U.T.T' by D1 is Insanely Amazing
- Global 3D Printed Drugs Market Research and Forecast 2018-2027
- Are You Traveling To Nepal? Please know These Before Traveling
- Senior Care Organizations Honored by City Beat News with Spectrum Customer Satisfaction Awards
- Disney Blog Re imagined - WDW Travels
- Halloween Fun Lasts All Month Long at the Station
- A Guide to Finding Cheap Auto Insurance with No Credit Check
- Dr. Li Natural Wellness Beta Program to Be Launched to Connect Healthcare Professionals & Patients
- Artificial Intelligence Reveals Best Tasting Whey Powder
- The Lizard War Is Over Now What? Find Out In "Devil's Moon (Legends Of The Lost Tribes Book 3)