Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- Institut' DERMed Founder Inducted into the AIA Academy of Legends
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- TM Design Wins 2019 MarCom Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- Patrick Rothfuss' Worldbuilders 2019 Fundraiser reaches $500,000 - 4 days to go
- Robby Poblete Foundation and Vallejo Police to Hold Third Solano County Gun Buyback
- Computers Donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Jasper County from Peacock Automotive
- Mountain House & Simple Sensation steps up to Fight Hunger
- Junior Achievement of North Florida Has Received a Grant from the Arby's Foundation
- Students Rising Above Welcomes Elizabeth Jordan Devaney as Chief Executive Officer
- Tickets Available For Tomorrow's Acts 4 Ministry Fundraiser Concert With The Kennedys
- Bob Franceschelli Joins ITEN's Board of Directors
- DTE awards $5,000 in Bright Ideas in Business Pitch Competition in Detroit
- Lead, Inc. Trains Its First Class Of National Instructors
Her only cure is a matching stem cell transplant.
Transplants from a donor who matches the ancestry of a patient, are much more likely to be successful.
There are no matching donors in her family, and there are none on the Be The Match National Marrow Donor Program registry. Not yet anyway. Only 23% of African-Americans with a blood cancer have a chance of finding a matching donor.
All ethnic minorities are underrepresented in the registry. White patients have a 77% chance of finding a matching donor. Hispanic patients only have a 46% chance, and as indicated above, 3 out of every 4 patients who are African-American, will not be able to find their cure.
The only way to change this is to add more diverse populations to the registry. The process is simple. Click the link below and set up an account on the registry. Answer basic questions about your age and ethnicity and a swab kit will be mailed to your home. Once you return that kit, you will be included as a potential life-saver to a patient looking for a matching cure.
More on eTradeWire News
- HubrisOne Launches Fresh Round of Funding on Seedrs After Rapid 1st Year Growth
- Warning! This Book Can Alter Reality As You Know It As Well As Who And What You Think You Are
- Otcwagon Initiates Coverage On Ethema Health Corporation (GRST)
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate $25,000 Out of Their Own Paychecks to Local San Die
- Change Your Story in the New Year
What if you match a patient in need? 70% of all transplants utilize a method called a PBSC (peripheral blood stem cells) donation. It is a non-invasive process that is very similar to giving plasma. The remaining 30% of patients require a bone marrow transplant, which is a surgery that takes place in a hospital.
There is no cost to join the registry and if you end up donating, everything is taken care of by Be The Match.
Include yourself on the registry - you maybe someone's cure! You might save a life!
Please add yourself and share this link with friends and family https://join.bethematch.org/KeepOnRolling
- Jamie Zahlaway Belsito Attended the North Shore Labor Council Women's Solidarity Breakfast
- Books To Go Now is proud to announce the release of The Christmas Town Calls
- Holiday Release! Matt Poll's The Christmas Bird Diary
- celebrity movie actor Horse ' El Caballo ' Wren strikes while the acting iron is Hot in auditions!!!
- A Holiday Party That Gives Back
- VR Wedding in Jamaica at Couples Sans Souci
- FINAL HOMES Now Selling at Lennar's Starr Pass Vistas in Tucson!
- Art Exhibition: Lightness Becomes
- New Partnership ALTO & Beyond Barriers Athletic Foundation provide scholarships to underserved youth
- What is a State Based Health Insurance Exchange?
- The Swingaroos Step to the Stage on the GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Shield Republic Charities launches new 'Christmas to Give' program
- Prefab Ticket Booths Are A Fast and Affordable Solution for Fairs, Schools, Stadiums, And More
- 1,5 Anhydroglucitol Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Quantum Composers Lasers in Micro/Mini LED Manufacturing
- Dallas-Fort Worth Clinic Uses Ketamine Infusion Therapy to Treat Depression and PTSD
- Harlem's Lyn-Genet's Kitchen presents an evening of art, jazz and wine
- Open: Working at Heights Training Courses
- Brandon Honda hires Elie Eid as Executive Manager
- Tiny Startup Takes on Facebook and Craigslist