Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5428
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 162
- Local quality of life services agency director, Dr. Anthony M. McCrovitz, invited as keynote speaker for Rehabilitation Forum in Saudi Arabia 141
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 107
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
- Breckenridge Worship Releasing Debut Single
Similar on eTradeWire
- Open Heaven Conference at Joy Faith Ministries International!
- Kentucky's KY Saves 529 Celebrates 529 College Savings Day on 5/29
- National BPA Announces 2019-2020 National Officer Team
- Perceptum Launches Upgraded Website and New Services Offerings for 21st Century Professionals
- sPACYcLOUd Presents "Professional and Olympic Skateboarding" a Q&A Coffee Talk with Bryan Ridgeway of USA Skateboarding Olympic Committee
- Metric Office Furniture Continues Business Growth
- Thiel College opens registration for on campus and online summer classes
- Thiel College hosts local community for Sharon Regional health and wellness series
- Ivy Ed Completes Strategic Transition, Joins Collegewise Counselor Network
- Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner Now With Network Security Scans
Of particular concern is the allegation that the scam involved exploiting an entrance exam policy meant to help students with disabilities, say Kohrman Jackson & Krantz LLP Student & Athlete Defense Partners Susan C. Stone and Kristina Walter Supler
"As moms and attorneys who defend students nationwide in cases of misconduct, we understand the anger and frustration," remarked Stone. "We're all wondering how something like this could happen, and questioning just how level the playing field really is when it comes to college admissions."
More on eTradeWire News
- Week 8 Results In Some Upsets as All City Classic 302 Heads Into Play-offs
- Seasoned Senior Living Industry Nurse Appointed Regional Director of Resident Care for Benchmark
- Join Trilogy Health's Exclusive Event with Bachelor Winner "Sarah Brice" Season 7
- Creative Peptides to Reorganize Diabetes-related Peptides for the Science Community
- LayUps2StandUp and Russell Westbrook Present : Why Not?? Pop -Up (Tulsa)
According to a federal affidavit, SAT and ACT administrators were bribed to allow cheating on the exams that included providing or correcting answers, having someone else take the test for the student, or allowing the student to have extra time to complete it – an accommodation provided by the College Board for those with legitimate, medically documented disabilities.
"Many parents of legitimately disadvantaged students are understandably outraged, and concerned about what this could mean for testing moving forward," said Supler.
No doubt, the SAT/ACT will be under intense scrutiny to ensure steps are taken to prevent this level of corruption from happening again.
"Just as enraging," said Stone, "qualified students who don't come from privileged backgrounds may have missed out on deserved opportunities as a result of this scam."
Prosecutors will push for jail time and steep fines for the parents involved (the fate of the privileged students remains to be seen). But there is a growing push for the universities to take action, too. They may choose to hold a misconduct hearing to determine whether the students were aware of their parents' alleged actions.
More on eTradeWire News
- RadixBay Launches Rural Shore Testing Center of Excellence to Meet Growing Demand for Services
- Ebola Outbreak Map trademark and website Ebola Outbreak Map .Com for sale
- 500th Goddard School Celebrated In Franchise's Home Market Of Philadelphia
- CORE® Foods To Showcase New CORE® Bars At Sweets And Snacks Expo
- Gardener's Art Fest at The Growing Place Garden Center
"At least some of the kids may have had no idea," Supler noted. "But if they did know what was going on, how will the schools proceed? Will the colleges try to even the score by revoking acceptances based on misrepresentation and fraud? Will current students be kicked out? Will those who have already graduated have their degree revoked?"
The bottom line? "Smart, hardworking kids shouldn't be at a disadvantage compared to those with money and connections," said Stone. "Neither should students with legitimate disabilities."
The ball is now in the colleges' court: will they level the playing field?
- Fusion Technology Solutions to Give Free Cybersecurity Lunch Seminar
- NAWBO to honor its members, community members at June 12 Gala
- New Solutions On Where To Buy CBD Oil & Hemp Products In The South Bend, Indiana, Michiana Area
- A Silicon Valley Foam Cutting Services Company Is Offering Fabrication of Oversized Foam Letters
- Passfeed takes a bite out of the big apple
- Enzo Unified Data Technology Platform Announces 2.0 Preview
- New U.S. Diabetes Care Located In Morristown Tennessee Servicing All TN Areas Like Knoxville
- Alterra, A New Home Community by Lennar, is Coming Soon to Maricopa!
- UrbanBound launches Freeway, a breakthrough relocation product that merges cost control with freedom
- Solar FlexRack is Exhibiting at Solar Power Southeast in Atlanta
- Crypto Enthusiasts Launch New Podcast "crypto Campfire"
- Codie Prevost Announces US Tour!
- Candlewyck Cove Resort won the 2019 RedBud Award for Outstanding Resort and Lodging Property
- Grants Management Systems, Inc. Announces Ken Pearson to Speak at GMS RLSS Summit
- Sudeep and Namrata Dewan Bring Home Helpers to North Eastern Atlanta Region
- Former Fire Department Lieutenant Launches Home Helpers Home Care Franchise in Northwest Baltimore
- Brooke Moriber's Latest Single "Steal the Thunder" Champions Courage in the Midst of Pain
- Jason's Deli honors community heroes on Memorial Day with dine-in special
- Pierson Venture LLC Expands Company Portfolio By Starting PiersonPR
- WORLD SERIES OF FIGHTING announces the official grappling teams for "WSOF-Submission 1" on June 15th, 2019 at Sam's Town Live