Popular on eTradeWire
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 348
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 311
- Greenoak North America expands its operations in China 192
- First Corporate Clothing Working On Exciting Ranges 185
- Numbers of Women in Construction Falling 1 Company of self-employed Women Plumbers Stopping the Flow 176
- The Green Moustache Launches Frontfundr Campaign Today 175
- Tillman Infrastructure announced as key sponsor at Comms Finance World 2018 158
- Annual Turkey Bowl to be held by music artist, songwriter, entrepreneur Reem of 0017th 114
- Aspen Digital Life™ Closes Initial Funding Round
- Pioneer Landscape Centers Appoints Company Veteran As Chief Operating Officer
Similar on eTradeWire
- Brooklyn's LUV DOT GOV Get Set for Upcoming NY & PA Dates in 2019 Following U.K. Tour
- Alt/Indie-Pop Recording Artist Vaeda Black Drops New "Suicide Love" Music Video
- Grammy Award Trumpeter Randy Brecker Performs at the Woodstock Playhouse
- Single: Show Me Love by Josh Fonzarelli aka Josh?
- Media Advisory: Rehearsal Bop Island Jazz Big Band with Grammy Award Trumpeter Randy Brecker
- Album: Let's Make Love by Keeana Kee @KeeanaKee
- Jason Crabb and Jay DeMarcus React To Grammy Nomination
- CW-One music Group is Seeking New Artists for Their Roster
- Album: NOT BY SIGHT by Te-Verse @TeVerseF
- Kip Winger Shares Unusual Journey from Arena Rocker to Authentic Classical Composer
These days, the road is a bit less "wicked" for Reckless Kelly. The wildly successful one in a million band is going to be around for a long time, but every musician starts at zero. The "overnight success" fairytales are in reality ten year or more successes preceded by failure, a lot of hard work, and downright hustle. Reckless Kelly did their time, too. The guys traveled pretty far away from where they grew up to be in Austin, Texas during a time when "Americana" and "Red Dirt" were not yet widely popular genres. The members of Reckless Kelly uprooted their lives to pursue music. When asked what adversities Reckless Kelly had overcome, Willy Braun laughed and answered simply, "The music industry. Ha ha!" The music industry makes no promise for tomorrow. Had that "tomorrow" never come for Reckless Kelly, Willy said he might have become a carpenter. "I've always liked building things and would actually probably be pretty happy doing that if the music thing doesn't work out", He said, but confirmed that the members of Reckless Kelly are dedicated. "We've all pretty much committed to being lifelong musicians".
More on eTradeWire News
- Fruita Monument High School String Quartet to Join the Pros
- Fitness Expert/Actor/Author Jasson Finney on CBS2 Teaching Children How To Lead A Healthy Lifestyle
- Garyk Lee Style TV Teaser Episodes 4 & 5 Introducing Fashiona
- Findability Sciences launches FP Reply™, a new AI service to manage high volumes of inbound emails
- Continuing his article series on legal assistants, William B. Blanchard reviews training issues
- Bk2Bk Inc. Announces PillMap, Your Daily Guide
- Godfrey Muwonge, immigration lawyer, now offers Flexible Billing Plans for New Clients
The Braun brothers have been touring since they were kids, and have shared the stage with legends such as Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell and Merle Haggard. "It's cool to have those memories and photos... I don't know that I realized how cool it was at the time. We were pretty young, but knowing the legacy and impact those guys had on music means a lot to me looking back. Those guys paved a lot of roads we still travel", Willy said, but, surprisingly a career in music wasn't always his dream. He wanted to be a baseball player! "Then I realized I wasn't very good, and started writing songs." He admitted.
Willy and his brother, Cody, started Reckless Kelly while brothers, Gary and Micky became Micky and the Motorcars. The group of brothers spend as much time together as they can by writing together, playing on each other's albums, and touring together. The brother bands fully support each other. The rivalry between the 4 isn't on the road...it's back at home! "The only real contest between the brothers is to see who can get the most pictures on Gramma's fridge or be the favorite uncle." Willy said.
In regards to Reckless Kelly's influences, Willy Braun replied, "We listened to a lot of Austin guys like Steve Earle, Billy Joe Shaver, Robert Earl Keen etc. Son Volt's first record was a big influence as well. We also love the classics. The Beatles, Petty, The Byrd's, Gram Parsons, and Springsteen have influenced us along the way for sure."
More on eTradeWire News
- Superhero Themed Event Shares Author's Journey
- Real estate attorney William B. Blanchard publishes article series on paralegals
- Introducing the little countdown iOS App: helping travelers get to the gate on time
- 1000 Food Baskets Distributed to Families In Our Local Community
- Angela Carlson N.D Brings Spirit of Sustainability to Naturopathic Medicine
- Apple Iphone Users First To Get New Revolutionary AR App
- AltMBA Reading List - Seth Godin's AltMBA Program
Reckless Kelly hopes to get back in the studio in early 2019. "I've been writing songs for about a year and have a pretty good batch piling up." Willy said. They will also release a live version of "Bullet Proof" for its ten year anniversary.
Reckless Kelly is currently on the road. They started in the Midwest and will tour all the way to the East Coast. Jeff Crosby & The Refugees who released the album "Postcards From Magdalena" last year are accompanying them. Oh to be a fly on that tourbus wall! "[Having them] on the road with us is always a good time. Those guys are good for a few laughs!" Willy said.
Keep up with Reckless Kelly's Midwest to East Coast Tour at https://www.recklesskelly.com/tour.
- Updated Social Media Management Certificate Program at NC State TTS Reflects Changing Social Media and Digital Marketing Landscape
- LeakTronics Helps Australian Residents Facing Concealed Water Leakage Concession Policies
- BME Successfully Launched The 1st African-American Live TV Streaming Service In The United States
- This Brand Wants to Replace Your Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder for Free
- Dustin Ferguson, Award-Winning Filmmaker, Releases First CD Titled CALIFORNIA BITCHES
- Women Choose Wealth Announces Its New Program: Mind Over Money Makeover
- Anchorage Dentist Offers Extended Hours, Same Day Dental, and Emergency Appointments for All Alaskans
- "Nice" is Now the "New Normal," Declares Author
- Cavallo Names Horse Trainer Emma Massingale as Global Ambassador
- Holabird Western Americana Collections' wild eclectic auction, Dec. 5-9, featured 3,500 diverse lots
- More than Sporting Goods; Play It Again Sports Announces Maintenance Services
- ERA Triangle Real Estate Group Welcomes NC Real Estate Broker, Billy Yeargin
- After recently legalizing marijuana, Canadian MPs have their radar set on sports betting, Says PayPerHead.com
- Salmon Box setting up an online platform for wild salmon distribution nationwide
- Qualis Corporation's Strategic Programs Unit Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- Your Safety Department, Llc Announces Spirometry Testing Services
- Dubuque Senior High School String Quartet to join the pros
- Imagine Wellness Spa adds innovative beauty-enhancing technology
- Wizard World Teams With Team Happy Foundation On Comic Book Program In NOLA
- Cape Coral Community Foundation announces 2019 Power Players Professional Advisor Award winners