Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 192
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 177
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 163
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 147
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Future-Proof Your Brewery in 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Indie Music from Gravity Castle that's an Absolute Smash, a Gem in the Indie Music Industry
- JP Reynolds: 'You Don't Go to Yale and Become a Rapper'
- Philip Bailey's Music Is Unity Foundation: Special "Backstage Soundcheck" Tour Experience
- Jammington: Audio Equipment For The Perfect Studio Session
- The Keymakers Release Two New Singles "Falling Down" and "With You"
- Southern Soul Artist Ronnie Bell Added to Blues is Alright Tour
- Colorado's Music Scene Unites for the 7th Annual Spread The Word Music Festival
- Annual Music Festival in Chicagoland Honors Legends: The Largest Event of its Kind - April 13, 2019
- Freakstomp Music Festival Final Lineup Released
- Grammy nominated Steven Bernstein to perform at Mardi Gras concert in Nyack
These days, the road is a bit less "wicked" for Reckless Kelly. The wildly successful one in a million band is going to be around for a long time, but every musician starts at zero. The "overnight success" fairytales are in reality ten year or more successes preceded by failure, a lot of hard work, and downright hustle. Reckless Kelly did their time, too. The guys traveled pretty far away from where they grew up to be in Austin, Texas during a time when "Americana" and "Red Dirt" were not yet widely popular genres. The members of Reckless Kelly uprooted their lives to pursue music. When asked what adversities Reckless Kelly had overcome, Willy Braun laughed and answered simply, "The music industry. Ha ha!" The music industry makes no promise for tomorrow. Had that "tomorrow" never come for Reckless Kelly, Willy said he might have become a carpenter. "I've always liked building things and would actually probably be pretty happy doing that if the music thing doesn't work out", He said, but confirmed that the members of Reckless Kelly are dedicated. "We've all pretty much committed to being lifelong musicians".
More on eTradeWire News
- Teamwork and Dedication Proves to be a Winning Combination for Award Recipients
- Dutch Creative Space Teams with International Fashion House Nighthousee
- CRAYRATE.COM: Review or Rate, Meet & Repeat
- Congestion today for a better VIC future
- Orange Fire Department Members Practice Ice Rescue Techniques
- The Law Office of Mark Humphreys announces the settlement of another case in the DFW area
- PODS® Las Vegas offers 6 helpful tips to dust away the spring-cleaning blues
The Braun brothers have been touring since they were kids, and have shared the stage with legends such as Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell and Merle Haggard. "It's cool to have those memories and photos... I don't know that I realized how cool it was at the time. We were pretty young, but knowing the legacy and impact those guys had on music means a lot to me looking back. Those guys paved a lot of roads we still travel", Willy said, but, surprisingly a career in music wasn't always his dream. He wanted to be a baseball player! "Then I realized I wasn't very good, and started writing songs." He admitted.
Willy and his brother, Cody, started Reckless Kelly while brothers, Gary and Micky became Micky and the Motorcars. The group of brothers spend as much time together as they can by writing together, playing on each other's albums, and touring together. The brother bands fully support each other. The rivalry between the 4 isn't on the road...it's back at home! "The only real contest between the brothers is to see who can get the most pictures on Gramma's fridge or be the favorite uncle." Willy said.
In regards to Reckless Kelly's influences, Willy Braun replied, "We listened to a lot of Austin guys like Steve Earle, Billy Joe Shaver, Robert Earl Keen etc. Son Volt's first record was a big influence as well. We also love the classics. The Beatles, Petty, The Byrd's, Gram Parsons, and Springsteen have influenced us along the way for sure."
More on eTradeWire News
- Storage Media Group to Sponsor Upcoming Storage Technology Showcase Conference
- Cavignac & Associates Hires Jessica Rodriguez as Surety Department Account Administrator
- Imperial Properties Upgrades Resident Portal
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day February 25th, 2019
- Fabless Semiconductor Startup OctoTech Inc. Introduces a New Innovative RF Product for BLE AoA / AoD Application
- "Austin & Charlie Adventures Across America" - Kid's Doggie Adventure Series Travels Across America
- South Shore Chamber Names Ryan Bristol, Vice President of Bristol Bros. Development Corp to Board
Reckless Kelly hopes to get back in the studio in early 2019. "I've been writing songs for about a year and have a pretty good batch piling up." Willy said. They will also release a live version of "Bullet Proof" for its ten year anniversary.
Reckless Kelly is currently on the road. They started in the Midwest and will tour all the way to the East Coast. Jeff Crosby & The Refugees who released the album "Postcards From Magdalena" last year are accompanying them. Oh to be a fly on that tourbus wall! "[Having them] on the road with us is always a good time. Those guys are good for a few laughs!" Willy said.
Keep up with Reckless Kelly's Midwest to East Coast Tour at https://www.recklesskelly.com/tour.
- Now On Sight Repairs doubles your pleasure with tune-ups in your driveway or theirs
- Leadership Conference Recap from the Team at Thrive Events
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today
- Author Jenn Sadai Plans for the Release of Her Sixth Novel
- Moss Construction Promotes Toby Manulak to Vice President
- 26.2 with DONNA Marathon is Reimagined in Neptune Beach
- Remote Pump Monitoring System Using a Modem Data Logger
- First of its Kind Investment Book Empowers Women to Close the Gender Investing Gap
- Apex Officer Launches VR Crisis Intervention Police Training Simulator for Law Enforcement Agencies
- FaithLauncher Acquired by GiveSendGo.com the largest free Christian Crowdfunding Site
- Neurolixis launches NLX-112 drug formulation collaboration with GALA laboratory in France
- Flowfinity Announces New Features for Faster Delivery of Robotic Process Automation in the Workplace
- FileCatalyst to Showcase a New Cloud-Based Service and New Updates at NAB 2019 in Las Vegas
- ArtInsuranceNow.com Offers Comprehensive Art Collectors Insurance Policies
- Northwestern Mutual Recognizes Financial Advisor Marc Rosenberg with National Awards
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Cape Coral area March 13
- New publication by Dr. Matt Bogard: Stress Management, Build a Better Life
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Naples area March 12
- South Coast Improvement, Co. completes renovation for 1251 Capital at 7-9 Newbury Street, Boston
- GCAM Hosts Opening Ceremony for New Plasma Center in Brownsville, TX