Popular on eTradeWire
- People & Stories/Gente y Cuentos Awarded over $20,000 in Grants including Princeton Area Community Foundation 2022 Community Impact Grant
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- New Airbnb Style Web Service For Athletes & Sports Teams
- Explore The Work Of Artist M.G. Stout During Miami Art Week At Spectrum & Red Dot Art Fairs
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- "Reflections" of Iconic African Americans Light the Way
- Fashiers App Announces Launch of Premium Content for Users
Similar on eTradeWire
- Oomph, Inc. Wins 2022 Acquia Engage Award
- The Morgridge Family Foundation Launches $1.4M Initiative to Disrupt the Child Welfare System
- Police Use of Force Continues to Be Debated
- Father Forms Non-Profit Organization with Simple Plea — See Disabled Persons®
- Darry Constantine: The Consequences of Not Voting in the Midterm Elections
- Pro-Police Organizations Worked Together to "Get Out the Vote" & Boosts Conservative Turnout in NoVa
- Placer County Fire Department Chooses RadioMobile for Mobile Tracking and Communication
- Jennifer S. Wilkov, Producer of the October Global Speak Up Women Conference, Awards New York State the Make A Difference Award
- L-Tron to Support Boston-Area Law Enforcement Investigators' Conference
- L-Tron Returns from 2022 Pennsylvania Traffic Collision and Reconstruction Conference
Moore applauded Lt. Governor Nunez's statement that all new Cuban immigrants would be sent from Florida to Delaware. "Finally," Moore said, "Florida [would] treat all immigrants, including their 'privileged Cubans,' equal[ly]."
The desire of Moore and Nunez to export Cuban arrivals completely misses the elephant in the room: the 60-year-old Cuban blockade, which is economic warfare and violates international law.
DeSantis' administration plays immigrants like political pawns while Moore views Cubans as freeloaders. Neither address decades-old issues underlying immigration. We should handle immigrants with respect and dignity, recognizing their historical and ongoing contributions to our country. It's ironic/hypocritical that immigration is often fueled by the US's own violent interventions supporting dictators to protect American corporate interests.
More on eTradeWire News
- Shreveport Ware Damage Restoration Launches Two New Websites
- Successful 100th Subsidiary Company Registration in India- By EzyBiz India Consulting LLP
- iPower Energy completes a residential solar installation in Menifee Lakes, CA
- Get Xanax Online - Flash Sale: Get $65 Off
- D Love: A New Brand Setting The Standard For Luxury Fashion
The blockade, initiated by the Mallory Memorandum, explicitly intended to "bring hunger and desperation" to Cubans so they would overthrow their government. While the blockade has made life more difficult for Cubans, it has not brought revolt. Instead, it drives the Cuban influx that politicians callously exploit.
Contrary to its defenders, expert Lillian Guerra contends that the blockade gives the Cuban state cover by claiming "the United States is…responsible for their poverty and lack of food…enabl[ing] the Cuban government to [remain, with its] power undiminished."
US "hostility to the Castro regime doesn't stem from [Cuba's] failings, but from its achievements," says Guardian reporter Suemas Milne, "its social and political successes, and the challenge its unyielding independence offers to the US." As champions of capitalism, a successful socialist state in this hemisphere is an affront to US hegemony.
Obama removed Cuba from the state sponsors of terror list towards normalization of relations. Trump put them back on the list, added hundreds more sanctions, prevented COVID medical supplies from reaching Cuba, and forced countries to expel Cuba's doctors who were assisting with the pandemic!
More on eTradeWire News
- Facebook Ads for Beginning Advertisers? Nope. Here's Why
- Promised Land. The trailer won a global award
- Fans Primed To Offer Deion Sanders Lucrative Deal To Stay At Jsu
- Award-Winning Artists Celebrate the Continued Success of Education Through Music-Los Angeles at their Gala on Nov 30th
- Tracking Testers for Radars & Communications Systems
Cuban-Americans today are more diverse politically, many support ending the blockade. They expected Biden to keep his campaign promises to alleviate Trump's harsh measures and return to Obama's relaxation path. Frustratingly, Biden waited 16 months to ease restrictions on family remittances and travel, leaving most of Trump's measures intact, including leaving Cuba on the state sponsors of terror list. Biden's changes did not modify the embargo nor the main objectives against Cuba.
The GPFL supports ending the blockade (https://sites.google.com/view/gpfl/press-releases?authuser=0) and calls on Congress to enact legislation to bring compassion and security to our border and address socio-economic policies that fuel displacement and migration. The Green Party offers immigration reforms in its platform.
*a reply to this article (https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/08/22/did-floridas-lieutenant-governor-say-illegal-cuban-migrants-will-be-sent-to-delaware/).
- MinkeeBlue, Philadelphia-based Black-Owned Handbag Brand, Launches in Macy's Herald Square
- The State of Business Insurance 2023: Insights and Products
- Two Donors Pledge Up To $50,000 To Support Homeless Families
- StackSource Arranges $141.5 Million Capital Stack for Historic Jefferson Arms Building Conversion
- Modern Treatise Publishes 2023 Media Kit
- Nationwide Boiler Announces Hydrogen Firing Capabilities for Existing Fleet of Rental Boilers
- Guadalupe Center receives grant from Collier Community Foundation
- Shock Exchange trio reunites, adding a harmolodic holiday jolt to Dave Bryant's "Third Thursdays"
- Michigan SEO Group Wants to Help You Optimize for Twitter
- NJ's #1 Ad Agency Offers Holiday Gift to Hometown: Free Logos for Boonton Main Street Businesses
- CMR Mechanical Wants to Share Ways to Keep Your Home Warm this Winter
- Thomas Reese Joins Unmanned Safety Institute as Head of Operations
- Mid-West Moving & Storage Presented with BBB Torch Award
- How Do I Successfully Get A Used Car Loan?
- Senior Choice at Home and Gulf Coast Village to host December Dine and Discover events
- Oomph, Inc. Recognized as an Acquia Certified Drupal Cloud Practice
- Boys & Girls Clubs, Tzu Chi Foundation partner to provide hurricane relief
- Creative Ways To Renovate Your Basement
- Ellipse Solutions to Expand to Monterrey, Mexico
- Used Grey 2018 Honda Civic Available for Sale at Our Dealership!