Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5428
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 163
- Local quality of life services agency director, Dr. Anthony M. McCrovitz, invited as keynote speaker for Rehabilitation Forum in Saudi Arabia 142
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 107
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer!
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
Similar on eTradeWire
- Thomas William Furniture Spalted Hall Table
- Metric Office Furniture Continues Business Growth
- FSR combines elegance with technology advances to showcase productive, creative workspaces at NeoCon
- FSR to Introduce Infrastructure Products at InfoComm that Make Easy Work of Installations
- FSR Introduces Expansions to Symphony Table Box Line, Digital Cables, & Cable Management at InfoComm
- FSR Takes Guess Work out of Designing Collaboration Systems with Pre-packaged Kits at InfoComm 2019
- Commercial Furniture Firm - NewVo Interiors, Now Selling Custom Wall Murals and More!
- Best Beds Direct are now stocking Myer's beds and mattresses!
- Introducing the Bergamo Collection by Omnia Furniture
- Thomas William Furniture Collection Unveils New Piece at Smithsonian Craft Show
The Natural Wood Trend Is IN: Live Edge Furniture Brings The Feel Of Nature Inside The Office
Natural wood is having a moment in today's commercial office environments.
The recycling movement known as "upcycling" might be stoking the wood design trend; for example, have you noticed the increasing use of rough-sawn barn doors (using highly visible overhead rails) used in both commercial and residential interiors?
Another possible explanation is a renewed fascination with wood and its properties as a material. After all, wood is a uniquely sustainable and environmentally-friendly material (when harvested responsibly) that reconnects us with the natural world (https://formaspaceoffice.com/articles/architect/biophilic-design-whats-missing-office-project/), while at the same time, reducing our carbon footprint.
Indeed, wood seems to have caught the attention of architects and structural engineers in recent times (https://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/best-new-wood-buildings-slideshow/all).
For example, the proposed 70-story wooden structure now under consideration in Tokyo, Japan would be the world's tallest wood building (https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/feb/16/...) (at 1,148 feet) when completed.
More on eTradeWire News
- "Kawasaki Disease" in easy-to-understand terms, explained by Pediatrician Dr. Kenneth Pomar Rebong
- HDScores Launches New Feature Using Emoticons
- YouTube Star Shares Lip Filler Experience
- Women's Suffrage Centennial Commission Honors 100 Years Of Women's Right to Vote
- Experience Japan's Historic Edo Period (1603-1868) Today in Tokyo and Tochigi Prefectures
The renaissance in wood's popularity is also fueled by the taste sensibilities of the Millennial generation. Not only do they love plants in the home and in the office (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/09/realestate/p...), they are also busy rediscovering the great furniture designers of the mid-century, modern design period, such as Charles and Ray Eames, famous for their bent plywood furniture creations, and George Nakashima, the Japanese-American master of live edge furniture design.
Nakashima's live edge furniture designs highlight the natural features of reclaimed wood slabs by emphasizing the features that are usually hidden from view (by careful sawing at the lumberyard), such as natural bark surfaces, as well as internal voids caused by stresses, knots, etc.
Born in Spokane, Washington in 1905, Nakashima earned his Master's in Architecture at MIT, then he traveled the world before moving Japan during the 1930s, where he worked for one of Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural collaborators in Tokyo. In his explorations of Japan, Nakashima was able to experience firsthand the Japanese design aesthetic known as wabi-sabi celebrates natural defects and variations in materials (in contrast to the prevailing Western design aesthetic that promotes uniformity and perfection.)
The wabi-sabi aesthetic influenced Nakashima's work as wood sculptor and furniture maker (https://www.nakashimawoodworker.com/) throughout his career. By carefully selecting reclaimed wood slab pieces, Nakashima was able to make one-of-a-kind furniture pieces that are wildly collectible today. (If you are interested in an original Nakashima, check out listings on 1st Dibs (https://www.1stdibs.com/creators/george-nakashi...), the high-end auction site for architects and designers. You'll find prices can go up the high 5 figures for his live edge wood slabs table and bench designs.)
You Want Hand-Made Live Edge Furniture Designs For Your Office. We Make It Easy.
Given the rarity and cost of original Nakashima furniture, today's architects and interior office designers looking to incorporate this design aesthetic into their office environments will commission a custom piece of furniture incorporating a reclaimed wood slab.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tecsew Kick Off Anniversary with Transformation!
- Best Emergency Locksmith Aberdeen Contact Granite City Locksmiths Now
- Bluewater Distilling Partners With Columbia Distributing In Washington And Oregon
- Mhde Askar Gives Chicago Visitors 6 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- Breaking News from the Prevention 2019 Conference: Donating Blood May Save Your Own Life
Here are three of the top reasons our customers choose Formaspace to handcraft their live edge furniture projects.
Make a Signature Design Statement:
There's no question about it. Specifying live edge furniture for the office sends a powerful message about your company and your brand. Live edge furniture is not for the meek. It makes a powerful, engaging, eye-catching, memorable, and unique statement.
On Trend Aesthetic Design Elements:
Prevailing design trends make live edge furniture the right choice, thanks to its use of unique, one-of-a-kind recycled natural materials that incorporate popular mid-century modern design aesthetics and biophilic design elements.
Commitment to Sustainability:
Reclaimed wood slab tables, desks, countertops, and conference tables tell a story about your company's commitment to sustainable business practices that are hard to ignore. Formaspace takes this very seriously. Unlike some of our competitors — who have been found to be harvesting virgin trees in sensitive forests (such as those in Brazil) — we only supply wood for live edge projects from local American trees that have fallen due to natural causes.
Live edge furniture design brings you closer to nature and makes you feel like a part of it.
— Philip Mayes, Formaspace Wood Shop Foreman
As a heritage manufacturer of custom furniture for the industrial furniture market, Formaspace has the requisite experience and expertise in making durable custom furniture for the office market. Our clients include top Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies, from Google to Capital One, as well as many of the new start-up companies based to here in our hometown of Austin, Texas, in the SF Bay Area, and across the country.
Our thorough ordering and quality manufacturing processes make it easy to order hand-crafted furniture products that will last for years and years. (Ask about our no-questions-asked 12-year guarantee (https://formaspace.com/support/guarantee/).)
It's also important to note Formaspace has the capacity to scale up your custom order (https://formaspace.com/3d-workbench-configurator/) as needed. For example, a recent project we completed for Capital One was for thousands of custom desks for their Bay Area tech operations.
How To Choose The Perfect Signature Live Edge Wood Slabs Table Material
Read more ... https://formaspace.com/articles/workplace-bulle...
- Planetary Blocks: Toy Blocks That Teach About Our Solar System
- Getting My Cheap flights To Work With Travelogica
- Rapper, Singer and Television personality Chanel West Coast Covers Spring Issue of The Hype Magazine
- Express Flooring names LAVIDGE digital agency of record
- Sir Kensington's Launches Surreal First-Ever Brand Campaign
- Benchmark International Facilitated The Transaction Of Am Engineering, Inc. To Fremont-Wright, LLC
- Computer Resources of America Named to 2019 Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs
- After Tweet On The Rules of Time Travel, Michael J. Fox Gets Challenged By Marshall Barnes, R&D Eng
- Yellowbird Connect Announces June Networking Event and Keynote Speaker
- Jennifer's Boutique Collecting Canned Goods for Community Cooperative in June
- SQUAN Completes Transition to Full-Service Network Life-Cycle Services Business
- 209 Economists Endorse Medicare for All Ahead of House Budget Hearing
- Alten Construction completes renovation of Fire Station No. 5
- Cora Alpha Elysium City Update
- Redbows Launches New Additions to Gazebo and Parasol Collections
- Lee Canyon Announces Major Transformation With New Hillside Lodge
- CDI Global Guides Successful Industrial Industry Divestment
- RadiusPoint Expands ExpenseLogic 8.0 Capabilities
- SQA Announces 48 QA Professionals Have Earned the Prestigious RQAP Credential
- UFM Men's Underwear Sponsors 16TH ANNUAL PUTT N' CRAWL