Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 191
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 173
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 161
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 146
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Mirage 8524 DLZ Bar LE Takes 2019 Innovation Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- WhiteGlove4Less LLC Appoints Christopher Toney to CEO as They Rollout Nationwide Final Mile Delivery
- Toronto Mattress Company Hamuq ™ Goes from Zero to $1 Million Armed Only with a Dream
- Thomas William Furniture Heads to La Quinta Arts Festival
- NewVo Interiors now offers custom-made murals for the corporate setting!
- Jesus Rene Capó, of El Dorado Furniture, is the 2019 President of the Home Furnishings Association!
- Christopher Guy Looks Ahead to a Dynamic First Half of 2019
- ArtFest Fort Myers Welcomes Thomas Dumke to the 2019 Festival
- Vintage Mid-Century Steelcase Tanker Furniture for Sale on AuctionDeals.com
- Muuto - A contemporary look for corporate office furniture in 2019
- Innovations' 2019 Color Direction
The Natural Wood Trend Is IN: Live Edge Furniture Brings The Feel Of Nature Inside The Office
Natural wood is having a moment in today's commercial office environments.
The recycling movement known as "upcycling" might be stoking the wood design trend; for example, have you noticed the increasing use of rough-sawn barn doors (using highly visible overhead rails) used in both commercial and residential interiors?
Another possible explanation is a renewed fascination with wood and its properties as a material. After all, wood is a uniquely sustainable and environmentally-friendly material (when harvested responsibly) that reconnects us with the natural world (https://formaspaceoffice.com/articles/architect/biophilic-design-whats-missing-office-project/), while at the same time, reducing our carbon footprint.
Indeed, wood seems to have caught the attention of architects and structural engineers in recent times (https://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/best-new-wood-buildings-slideshow/all).
For example, the proposed 70-story wooden structure now under consideration in Tokyo, Japan would be the world's tallest wood building (https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/feb/16/p...) (at 1,148 feet) when completed.
More on eTradeWire News
- Nevada Insurance Enrollment Explains Why Driving With Out-of-State Auto Insurance Is A Bad Idea
- Online Agency Publishes Comprehensive Overview of SEO in 2019
- New Models Grand Open from The Monarch Collection at Mosaic in Fort Collins on March 2 and March 3
- MFI Recovery Center Announces Spring Alumni Event
- Film about Forgotten Space Artist Honored with Best Documentary Award at the 44th Boston Sci-Fi Fest
- Leading Tattoo Removal Clinic in Atlanta Now Uses PRO-NOX
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Kicks Off Its Annual Support Campaign
The renaissance in wood's popularity is also fueled by the taste sensibilities of the Millennial generation. Not only do they love plants in the home and in the office (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/09/realestate/pl...), they are also busy rediscovering the great furniture designers of the mid-century, modern design period, such as Charles and Ray Eames, famous for their bent plywood furniture creations, and George Nakashima, the Japanese-American master of live edge furniture design.
Nakashima's live edge furniture designs highlight the natural features of reclaimed wood slabs by emphasizing the features that are usually hidden from view (by careful sawing at the lumberyard), such as natural bark surfaces, as well as internal voids caused by stresses, knots, etc.
Born in Spokane, Washington in 1905, Nakashima earned his Master's in Architecture at MIT, then he traveled the world before moving Japan during the 1930s, where he worked for one of Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural collaborators in Tokyo. In his explorations of Japan, Nakashima was able to experience firsthand the Japanese design aesthetic known as wabi-sabi celebrates natural defects and variations in materials (in contrast to the prevailing Western design aesthetic that promotes uniformity and perfection.)
The wabi-sabi aesthetic influenced Nakashima's work as wood sculptor and furniture maker (https://www.nakashimawoodworker.com/) throughout his career. By carefully selecting reclaimed wood slab pieces, Nakashima was able to make one-of-a-kind furniture pieces that are wildly collectible today. (If you are interested in an original Nakashima, check out listings on 1st Dibs (https://www.1stdibs.com/creators/george-nakashim...), the high-end auction site for architects and designers. You'll find prices can go up the high 5 figures for his live edge wood slabs table and bench designs.)
You Want Hand-Made Live Edge Furniture Designs For Your Office. We Make It Easy.
Given the rarity and cost of original Nakashima furniture, today's architects and interior office designers looking to incorporate this design aesthetic into their office environments will commission a custom piece of furniture incorporating a reclaimed wood slab.
More on eTradeWire News
- Nationally touring Beatles tribute band comes to Sweetwater Music Hall on April 28
- MC Companies Receives Multiple Nominations At 2019 Arizona Multi-housing Association Tribute Awards
- Lesley Brice, President and Partner of MC Residential LLC., Named As 2019 Chair of Autism Speaks Walk Arizona In Association with S.A.R.R.C
- DynaScan Appoints Joe Hasenzahl as Director of New Advanced Retail Solutions Division
- OutAirOdor units take out molecules that pollute in-home air
- Waveband Communications Inc. attends IWCE
- Annual Music Festival in Chicagoland Honors Legends: The Largest Event of its Kind - April 13, 2019
Here are three of the top reasons our customers choose Formaspace to handcraft their live edge furniture projects.
Make a Signature Design Statement:
There's no question about it. Specifying live edge furniture for the office sends a powerful message about your company and your brand. Live edge furniture is not for the meek. It makes a powerful, engaging, eye-catching, memorable, and unique statement.
On Trend Aesthetic Design Elements:
Prevailing design trends make live edge furniture the right choice, thanks to its use of unique, one-of-a-kind recycled natural materials that incorporate popular mid-century modern design aesthetics and biophilic design elements.
Commitment to Sustainability:
Reclaimed wood slab tables, desks, countertops, and conference tables tell a story about your company's commitment to sustainable business practices that are hard to ignore. Formaspace takes this very seriously. Unlike some of our competitors — who have been found to be harvesting virgin trees in sensitive forests (such as those in Brazil) — we only supply wood for live edge projects from local American trees that have fallen due to natural causes.
Live edge furniture design brings you closer to nature and makes you feel like a part of it.
— Philip Mayes, Formaspace Wood Shop Foreman
As a heritage manufacturer of custom furniture for the industrial furniture market, Formaspace has the requisite experience and expertise in making durable custom furniture for the office market. Our clients include top Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies, from Google to Capital One, as well as many of the new start-up companies based to here in our hometown of Austin, Texas, in the SF Bay Area, and across the country.
Our thorough ordering and quality manufacturing processes make it easy to order hand-crafted furniture products that will last for years and years. (Ask about our no-questions-asked 12-year guarantee (https://formaspace.com/support/guarantee/).)
It's also important to note Formaspace has the capacity to scale up your custom order (https://formaspace.com/3d-workbench-configurator/) as needed. For example, a recent project we completed for Capital One was for thousands of custom desks for their Bay Area tech operations.
How To Choose The Perfect Signature Live Edge Wood Slabs Table Material
Read more ... https://formaspace.com/articles/workplace-bullet...
- MedAware Systems to present new research at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
- Smith Planning Group ranked No. 66 on 2019 University of Georgia Bulldog 100 list
- Stemology® Releases Product with Advanced Stem Cell Technology Complex
- Community Invited to Cybersecurity Presentations and Awards Reception
- Dream Finders Homes to Build Townhomes at Beacon Lake
- Q4 2018 | Fort Bend | E Fort Bend Commercial Real Estate Trends
- Monitoring Milk Deliveries with an In Transit Temperature Recorder
- The Best Microfiction Anthology Series
- Pines of Mount Lebanon names LifeStories Director
- Bio Flame Offers 30% Discount On All Fireplaces Through The Month of February!
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Acquires Terry McCue Real Estate Inc
- "Nation's Fire" Private Red Carpet Cast/Crew Screening March 18, Capitol Theater Clearwater, Fl
- Get 20% OFF Windows & Doors in February!
- Roofing Contractor near Minneapolis Discusses Winter Roof Care
- Do you need a post-accident drug test? It depends
- CSM LeadDog and Promax Bring Game Changers Networking Event to Los Angeles
- The Documentary 'I Learned It From You' Selected to Compete in 2019 Global Indian Film Festival
- Teeth grinding treatment begins with proper diagnosis
- Everyone Wins. How Shayna Pellino, Founder of Shayna Rose Interiors, Turned Negatives Into Positives
- Fabricoil® Reimagined for University of Delaware's Award-Winning iSuite