Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
Similar on eTradeWire
- Dr. Clyde Lettsome Serves on NCEES Computer Engineering Exam Writing Committee
- Brandon Honda Promotes Don Negri to Training Manager
- JEI Learning Center Receives 2019 Best of Hamilton Township Award
- Libman Education Announces Redesign of Inpatient Auditing Program
- SelecTech goes FreeStyle with installation at Durfee High School renovation
- Shell Point's 2020 Medical Breakthroughs & Discoveries series to offer free educational seminars
- Now Get up to 30% Off on the Latest Salesforce Lightning Training
- Everything You Need To Know About the 30% Discount offer On JanBask Training Course
- New Digital Learning Collaborative Report Analyzes Policy and Guidance of eLearning Days
- OEC Presented the President's Award to James Glapa-Grossklag at the Open Education Global Conference
The Montessori Method Difference
"The way we avoid homework at our private elementary school is this: students practice long and hard in the classroom, then meet one-on-one with their teachers," she says.
At a Montessori elementary school, concepts are taught rather than memorization facts for tomorrow's test.
"That includes our English/Spanish bilingual Montessori program, too," Edwards continues.
Why Montessori Avoids Homework
The Montessori Method is based on individualized learning. Students learn the things they're ready for and are passionate about.
As a result, children learn at their own pace. That freedom and lack of rigidity allow them to spend less or more time on specific subjects based on their passions and inherent skills.
More on eTradeWire News
- HealthCodes DNA launches genetic testing products in 31 new stores
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive celebrates grand opening of new Technical Training Center
- Healthcare Tech Outlook awarded Ecteon a 2019 Top Healthcare Compliance Solution Provider
- Leather Canadian motorcycle license plate from 1907 brings CA$10,620 at Miller & Miller auction
- South Shore Line's Kids Ride Free Program Makes Holiday Travel Even More Affordable
"Since a Montessori teacher does not have to teach all the students the same lesson at the same time, the child and instructor can focus on his or her problems alone and together," Edwards says.
As a result, children build:
• time management skills,
• self-motivation skills and
• a responsibility toward learning more advanced problems from older students.
The Lifetime Montessori Difference: Fewer Pupils Per Teacher,
At Lifetime Montessori School in San Diego, children practice…then, talk with the teacher so they can better grasp the subject matter. If they understand it, they go forward. If not, they engage in more conceptual practice.
"In our bilingual Montessori program, our focus is on long-term English/Spanish fluency," says Edwards. "In this program, we use two teachers who complete one day's lesson all in English. The next day, we teach the same lesson all in Spanish. Over time, students immerse themselves in conceptual learning. And—no homework! Just joy at knowing two words for the same thing."
More on eTradeWire News
- Innovation Conference at WTS20 highlights how technology and best practices drive business success
- Led by holiday love story, GiftNow.com's first-ever brand campaign urges viewers to "Gift courageously."
- "An Immigrant Iraqi Poet" - Poet Exposes Corruption & Problems Left Behind in Iraq
- Roost, a Startup Helping Travelers Split the Cost of Hotel Rooms, Launches City-Based Travel
- Is Big Pharma Ready to Meet the Challenges of Election Year 2020?
Finally, Montessori schools do not give out grades. Progress reports, yes. Grades, no.
Lifelong Learning Needs Lifelong Curiosity
A love of learning, boundless curiosity and a need to understand how things work rather than memorize that they just do are core differences of a Montessori elementary education.
"If you are experiencing a nightly disagreement about homework with your child, we welcome you to consider enrolling your child in a program that builds character strengths—not testing abilities. That's our Montessori School in San Diego Difference—homework is ineffective in any language," she said.
Lifetime Montessori School in San Diego teaches 200 students aged eighteen months to Grade Six and serves the Carmel Valley through I-15 corridor in San Diego County.
Visit www.lifetimemontessorischool.com/free-tours to see the school.
- Major International Indoor Soccer League Announces New Indoor Pro League Debut 2020
- Transaction Announcement - Community Donut Shop
- Watch What Crappens, the Nation's Hottest Podcast About Bravo TV, Kicks Off 2020 Live Tour!
- Normas de seguridad para la construcción
- North Florida Land Trust has conserved hundreds of acres surrounding Camp Blanding
- Siemplify Raises the Bar for Enterprise Readiness with Latest Security Operations Platform Release
- The Outlook for American Manufacturing in 2020: Three Scenarios
- Weight Loss & Nutritional Guidance Offered In February 2020 In Berlin, Connecticut
- Queue President Juana G. Quick Receives The John Thomason Award Recognizing Marketing Excellence
- City of Fort Worth and SmartLight Analytics Form Partnership to Reduce Healthcare Costs
- MBMA Introduces New Continuing Education Course: Creative Design Alternatives Using Metal Buildings
- New Yorker Electronics Releases Mallory Sonalert Alarms with Electronic Volume Control
- Grace Church and The Village Dance Studio Partner for Sensory-Friendly Nutcracker Performances
- Expert Property Adjuster Wants You To Know Why You Need Him!
- Tips for Making Your Website Ready for Mobile
- We Sell Restaurants Gives Back in Broward and Palm Beach County
- Green Dot Sign® Named "Most Innovative" Exhibitor at 2019 Greenbuild
- Idoneus Elevates Their Global Crypto Capabilities by Partnering with C6 Advisors
- Kari Battaglia Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- NLL, B/R Live to Offer Live Game of the Week Available for Free Across B/R Live, Twitter, Facebook