Popular on eTradeWire
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Institut' DERMed Founder Inducted into the AIA Academy of Legends
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- Advice from cosmetic surgeon Dr. Mitchell G. Cohen - Five tips to look your best
- RUSHWORKS Introduces its PTX Model 1L at The Video Show
- Shipt Shopper home food delivery
Similar on eTradeWire
- January Money Diet 31 Day Financial Challenge Returns
- HubrisOne Launches Fresh Round of Funding on Seedrs After Rapid 1st Year Growth
- Stock Of The Year: 2019 Gratomic, Inc. (TSX-V: GRAT) - Strong Buy Recommendation!
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Clients, Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir of TaskUs, on Winning the EY National Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Eltropy Takes Florida Credit Union Live to Enhance Communication During Mortgage Origination Proce
- CANCrocodile - Contactless CAN Bus, SAE J1939, FMS, OBD-II, And SAE J1708 Reader
- Ivanti Asset Manager Best Practice System Released
- Bootstrapped SaaS startup JustCall ranks 54th Fastest Growing Company on Deloitte's APAC Technology Fast 500
- Successful Pageant Queen Turned Author & Ex Dash Doll Opens Up About Her Painful Past
- Laying Foundations for Future Growth
The development of this market is no surprise given the recent volatility cryptocurrency has experienced this past year. Cryptocurrency, while a cyber asset mostly traded on the over-the-counter market (as opposed to exchanges) are subject to the same market forces, including severe downturns, as any other asset. The rapid decline of cryptocurrency, most notably Bitcoin, last Fall, gave investors a reason to fear direct investment in the cryptocurrency - and a reason to design a way to protect themselves from sharp, unexpected downturns.
Derivatives offer this solution as they provide the ability to hedge in volatile markets. "Derivatives contracts serve as investors and allow them to profit from price fluctuations without having to own the underlying cryptocurrency and incur all the risks associated with it" (M: LXDX, Cody Solomon, November 28, 2018). In other words, derivatives offer a way to "lose less" if your price prediction turns out to be incorrect. They offer insurance against price fluctuation losses (hedging your bets) (M:LXDX). This option has calmed the nerves of weary investors - both individual and institutional- and by doing so, has bolstered the validity of cryptocurrency as an investable asset.
More on eTradeWire News
- The International Songwriters Day Song Contest Opens Dec. 19!
- Give your home and commercial premises the power of BSLBATT
- Bretman Rock Pledges Portion of What Do You Meme Sales to Daisy Xiong
- Market-Connections Resume Writing Service is now certified in both Personal and Business Branding
- Bloomsday at North Coast Repertory Theatre
Enhancing their attractiveness is the variety of derivatives available for speculators to chose from: futures, swaps, options and warrants. Whether the investor believes that the price of the cryptocurrency will go up or down, there is a derivative to purchase to cover this prediction. Investors can buy a specific derivative as a sole investment; however, most typically, derivatives are purchased in tandem with and to offset losses from the main investment. For example, an investor in Bitcoin can purchase a derivative that minimizes losses should Bitcoin experience a decline in price. In this way, the investor has "hedged his bets" by covering his losses if his prediction that Bitcoin will increase in value turns out to be wrong.
Amid all the criticism and uncertainty of the cryptocurrency market, perhaps the greatest advantage derivatives can offer is to attract investors by offering more stability and protection. The world's largest derivatives exchange is Bitmex. The largest derivatives exchange in the Chinese market is Okex. Cryptocurrency contact trading is a huge blue sea. More and more new players are joining the field, such as PLOUTOZ Blockchain Community Derivatives Market (http://plo.one), a platform which recently started online. Their slogan is Every digital currency can be hedged. An very interesting idea. In fact, I agree that any digital asset should have a hedging mechanism to ensure the rationality of their prices and the stability of market sentiment.
More on eTradeWire News
- Diamond Heating & Cooling Birmingham
- Algrim.co Unveils Top HR Market Condition Changes Job Seekers Should Know Going Into 2020
- Catastrophic Services for INSURERS Hail/Wind/Flood/Fire Dealer Buyouts
- Year of housing access inequality for seniors & disabled ends – and another about to start
- Couple's Unique Journey to Move and Save a Historic Home from Demolition
Derivatives encourage investors who would otherwise be too fearful, to invest, and this is especially true for the "unproven" cryptocurrency market (M:LXDX). Some also feel that crypto derivatives elevate the legitimacy of the underlying cryptocurrency market by offering a more accepted "paper market" which makes the cryptocurrency more relatable. Others fear that the rise of the cryptocurrency derivative market will invite regulators to legislate crypto in general, which some view as a good thing as tighter regulation will attract more investors. More investors drive the volume of trading activity which in turn calms volatility (Blockonomi: What Are Derivatives? And How Do They Relate to Cryptocurrency?, March 17, 2018).
Overall, crypto can benefit from derivatives by stabilizing the cryptocurrency. Since one of the biggest criticisms of crypto is its volatility, offering a way to offset volatility will attract more investors, driving up volume which in turn creates greater stability and attracts more investors. In sort, then, derivatives may be the solution the crypto market has been looking for and has needed to create its own long term sustainability.
- Andrew Jones' January 11th auction will feature fine art from the collection of Gerard L. Cafesjian
- Dr Claudio Cerullo - AWARDS and CITATIONS
- More bodies. No accountability
- Online retailer of urban streetwear for men introduces new collection
- Jamie Zahlaway Belsito Attended the North Shore Labor Council Women's Solidarity Breakfast
- Books To Go Now is proud to announce the release of The Christmas Town Calls
- Holiday Release! Matt Poll's The Christmas Bird Diary
- celebrity movie actor Horse ' El Caballo ' Wren strikes while the acting iron is Hot in auditions!!!
- A Holiday Party That Gives Back
- VR Wedding in Jamaica at Couples Sans Souci
- FINAL HOMES Now Selling at Lennar's Starr Pass Vistas in Tucson!
- Art Exhibition: Lightness Becomes
- New Partnership ALTO & Beyond Barriers Athletic Foundation provide scholarships to underserved youth
- What is a State Based Health Insurance Exchange?
- The Swingaroos Step to the Stage on the GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Shield Republic Charities launches new 'Christmas to Give' program
- Prefab Ticket Booths Are A Fast and Affordable Solution for Fairs, Schools, Stadiums, And More
- 1,5 Anhydroglucitol Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Quantum Composers Lasers in Micro/Mini LED Manufacturing
- Dallas-Fort Worth Clinic Uses Ketamine Infusion Therapy to Treat Depression and PTSD