Popular on eTradeWire
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed - 123
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Consultant and Publicist to Present At New Year New You - 2 Day Teleconference
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- Burstcoin Joins BPSAA as New Alliance Member
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Showcases A Dozen More Color Classic TV Shows on WatchYour.TV
- Today Donna Smith Bellinger Sales Consultant Presents "Sales for people who hate to sell" Seminar Online
- Abintegro launches revolutionary AI interview training tool
- Former UK Environment Minister backs revolutionary plastic that solves pollution issues
Similar on eTradeWire
- Female Voices Rock Film Festival Goes Virtual
- America's Last Little Italy: The Hill to have TV Premiere On PBS
- An American Zealot - Poster & Trailer
- 29th Annual Whitaker St. Louis International Film Festival announces award winners and attendance
- THE HOUSE IN THE PINES is now ready to seek a few INVESTORS
- There is no way out of the Waiting Room, new Psychological Thriller out now!
- THE DEVILS HEIST Official Trailer
- STAINED is Now Available from Midnight Releasing
- LAKE ARTIFACT Now Available on VOD from Midnight Releasing
- 15th Edition of the Boston Turkish Festival's Documentary & Short Film Online Competition
It's no secret that Hollywood is a hard world to break into. It's even harder to get to control the stories told. Most of the writers, directors, and producers tend to want to tell specific stories and often overlook marginalized voices. Yet there continue to be stories and narratives to be told, shared, and listened to.
More and more actors, because of this, want to control the narratives they help share with the world. How do they do this? Many, like Michael B Jordan, have started their own production companies. These companies look for stories, screenplays, and books that they want to put on the big screen. Take Outlier Society Productions, Jordan's Company, they are producing films that highlight and uplift communities, and allow Jordan to both help tell it and be in the film. Recently, Outlier is producing a movie of Black Leopard Red, a book that's been heralded as one of the best fantasy books of 2019.
More on eTradeWire News
- Humanitarian Paul Rusesabagina's Nov 27 Hearing: Kidnapped, Illegally Detained & Tortured by Rwanda
- The Carbonell Awards Announces Major Operational Changes in 2021
- Rosalinda Books on Writing and Making Movies
- Rise Up Quarantine Winner Releases New Single Worldwide
- Voyagers Toastmasters Presents How to Conduct a Webinar
Photo by Frankie Valentine (https://unsplash.com/@frankievalentine?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText) on Unsplash (https://unsplash.com/s/photos/movies?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText)
However, not just big actors are doing this. Smaller and newer actors are following that lead. As aforementioned, breaking into Hollywood is hard, and it's even harder to tell the stories you want. As an actor it can get really easy to be type casted and be stuck playing variations of the same character.
Jaheyla Jones is following Jordan's suite. She recently started Blaqq Productions after getting frustrated with the sexism and racism that exists in the film world. Instead she wanted to highlight other creatives free of the dogma that reigns our everyday society. Moreover, she wanted to return to the fun of acting.
More on eTradeWire News
- Matthew Brickman Explains the Benefits of Online Dispute Resolution Throughout The 2020 Holiday Season
- Local Car Dealerships And Baseball Team Donate 1000 Turkey Dinners & Trimmings
- Mounts Botanical Garden Celebrates December with Fun, Festive & Furry Events
- Elliot on Hollywood and how he's evolved as an actor
- Freelance Work May Save You From The Recession
Recently, Blaqq's first sketch, The Millennial Show (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11427456/), has won awards at several film competitions and has gotten great reviews. This gave Jones a chance to film something she felt proud and confident in. Moreover, it gave her and the other cast and crew the opportunity to become SAG. This production company is one to watch out for! They are currently working with up and coming screenwriters and have many projects in the works.
- Perils of Efficiency: Procuring Supplies During a Crisis
- PSNeverGiveUp Store Launches Black Friday, Announces Charity
- Halifax Airport Taxi Limo Services
- A.N. Publishing Compiles Broad Audience Data
- Career Coach Anna Banks Reveals A Strategy to Help People Fulfil Their Potential
- Frank Bey Receives Posthumous GRAMMY Nomination
- Black Friday Men's Suits Deals 2020
- Stop Losing Money To Scammers!
- Best Selling Author Rolling Out the Red Carpet for New Installment in His Popular YA Series!
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- 78-year-old CS:GO Champ DieHardBirdie Talks About the Health Benefits of Gaming in Fighting Dementia
- Medication Adherence Expertise Center and Pill Connect help patients with TB take their medication
- Exeter Orthodontics Opens New Location, Offering Braces in Springfield
- Dorothy M. Mitchell's full catalogue of published titles
- Finding Inner Peace During the Holiday Season
- Used Black 2018 MAZDA3 For Sale!
- Launch of the UK Economic Blueprint for Women White Paper
- OTCWagon Initiates Coverage on breakout company: Predictiv AI, Inc. (PAI/INOTF)
- Leaders in Florida will Receive Awards for a Year's Worth of Human Rights Advocacy and Education
- 2015 Navy Blue Volkswagen Passat for Sale!