Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 581
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 226
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 206
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 192
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 189
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 181
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 177
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 136
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 129
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 129
Similar on eTradeWire
- Justice Bell Replica on View from outdoors at Morven Museum & Garden through Election Day
- Peaceful Transfer Of Power Is American Way
- Free Rusesabagina: "Dad, we're coming for you."
- San Francisco Town Hall Fights Anti-Asian Discrimination and Launches New Campaign
- Independent Presidential Candidate Jade Simmons Takes on Texas & Indiana for Candidate Suppression
- Independent Presidential Candidate Jade Simmons Visits Oklahoma to Raise Awareness & Meet Supporters
- Syntech Group to Prevent Unlocked MDCs in Law Enforcement with the GateKeeper Proximity Solution by Untethered Labs
- Fall is the time for DOT consortium renewal decisions
- The Ultimate Election Night Survival Kit
- Itero Group LLC Fortune 100 Best Small Company
But major national medical organizations could protect the public by conducting their own review of any new vaccine before its release, and the National Medical Association [NMA] has already announced the formation of a independent commission to do exactly that, says public interest law professor John Banzhaf, who originally proposed the idea to the NMA weeks earlier.
Banzhaf noted that the premature authorization and release of a vaccine, before large-scale trials can be properly conducted and evaluated, could harm public health in several ways:
* There might be dangerous vaccine-related side effects - such as blood clotting issues or transverse myelitis (spinal cord inflammation) which tend to occur only 40-60 days after the second vaccine dose - which probably would not be detected if the vaccine were prematurely rushed to approval.
More on eTradeWire News
- "SETH: A Novel in Two Parts" by D. W. Briggs is published by New Generation Publishing
- Beauty at the Beast – The Headless Horseman Rides Again
- Plant-Powered Meat Months, Holiday Season Nov/Dec
- Wholesome Hair Co Releases Two New Natural Hair Growth Products
- The All-New Advanced Textile Polyfiber Sock
* It may offer insufficient protection to early recipients, such as medical personnel and first responders - or at least to some smaller segments (e.g., Blacks with diabetes) - causing them to become infected and die, or become disabled, from the virus.
* A successful attempt to prevent the FDA from adopting standards for emergency authorization, which it believes are necessary to protect the public, would further weaken public trust in the FDA and any vaccine it might authorize, thereby causing even more people to refuse to be injected, and thus endangering the public health
Banzhaf notes that there is already a growing outcry within the medical community - as reported by CNN, the Washington Post, CBS, WebMD, STAT, and others, and recently joined by former Vice President Joe Biden - calling for an independent commission, free from bias, including pressure from the President, to review the safety and effectiveness of any vaccine before it is widely administered.
http://banzhaf.net/ jbanzhaf3ATgmail.com @profbanzhaf
- Checklist for Autism Treatment Selection
- Financial Solutions Inc. Adds Timeshare Cancellation Services
- 143VINYL adds StarCraft SD Matte Removable Vinyl to product line
- Double Heart and Kidney Transplant Recipient Reveals Secrets to Survival During Difficult Times in New Book
- TRENIQUES: Shay Leonia gives insights into her music career
- Blaqq Production Compnay Hosts a Screenwriting Compition and Uncovers Unique Talent
- Guardian Pool Fence Systems Opens New Location In Las Vegas
- For "Write a Business Plan Month"... During Covid...Every Month is "Write a Business Plan Month"
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Cheryl Jett
- Charlotte Art League's Storytelling Payphone Launch
- LED Display Lightings and its Importance in Modern Economy
- MTGA Recognizes COVID-19 Response Champions At Annual Awards
- Pirate Chain Onboards a New Core Developer
- Welcome to Victory – Century Victory!
- KFA Wins Honor for LA LGBT Center, Anita May Rosenstein Campus at LABC Architectural Awards Gala
- Grab The Axe Consulting signs UAT Professor & IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Dr. Mark "The Shark" Smith
- Sink into the strange new tale by horror author Timothy G. Huguenin
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- Private Placement Markets – Insurance Market to Expand to Include Life Settlement Funds
- Stumpy's Hatchet House Makes Its Way to Fort Worth