Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 529
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 435
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 386
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 372
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 365
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 249
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 194
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 186
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 177
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 174
Similar on eTradeWire
- Tampa Bay's Annual Macaroni & Cheese Fall Festival!
- Bloomex is a Reward and Prize Partner in 2019Monopoly® Coast to Coast Game at McDonald's®
- Lambertville to Hold Annual Halloween Parade
- Phoenix: The Most Autism-Friendly City In The World
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- The Goddard School Kicks Off 12th Annual Preschooler-approved Toy Test
- Work It, Mama: Gugu Guru, KIDBOX and Working Mother Launch "Back to Work" Baby Registry
- Cake4Kids celebrates nine years in Santa Clara County delivering smiles to local children
- After 3 Lonely Birthdays - Community Comes together to celebrate!
- The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard Celebrates Recovery Month
Parental social isolation is a condition that adversely affects both parent and child during the first five years of a child's life – a time of maximum brain development. In addition, parents with mental health needs often feel stigmatized and so they are hesitant to seek the services they need to be the parents they want to be. If parents are experiencing anxiety or depression, their child will be at risk of developing a number of mental health and developmental challenges if the condition is not addressed.
This Day of Wellness will celebrate the family -- in all its permutations and diversity. It is our belief that by normalizing the many stresses of parenthood, including managing a mental health diagnosis while raising a family, we will help parents feel empowered to seek help. Our goal is to provide an event where families can have quality playtime with their children while meeting other families in the community and having the opportunity to converse with professionals in the field of infant/toddler-family mental health.
More on eTradeWire News
- Fairfield Gourmet Food Corporation - The Parent Company of David's Cookies Announces the Acquisition of Foxtail Foods
- Doosan Machine Tools Selects MachBase Time-Series Database for Enhanced Edge Computing Capabilities
- Michael Szymanski Earns NAR Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource® Certification
- Otter Learning Expands Childcare Presence in Orlando
- International Grief Institute Advisory Board Member Announced
This inclusive wellness day will educate parents on ways to connect with their children through play and mindful attention, provide opportunity to connect with peers experiencing the same transition to parenthood, and inform parents about local and affordable resources. Our experts on hand will include parenting experts, perinatal therapists, and a parent-child musician. There will also be a table with lots of local resources provided. In addition to free wellness goodie bags and healthy food, participants will have the opportunity to win free parenting classes and other services.
Well Baby Center's founder, Deborah Groening-Rother, LMFT, PsyD states that "new parents can be very isolated for a number of reasons even though they are craving connection with other parents. Once connected socially through a community mental health center like Well Baby Center, they may become more motivated to seek short-term clinical or educational support, where they will be able to address past issues that were not as much of a priority before they became a parent."
Dr. Groening-Rother knows that "families will benefit from increased social connection, strengthened relationships with their children, and from gaining knowledge of sources of support in their community.
We hope to decrease the social isolation and stigma associated with seeking mental health services. This is preventative work -- enhancing children's mental health through strengthening family and community health. Mothers, in particular, are identified as the key component that influences infant-toddler mental health. Well Baby Center hopes to reach mothers as early as possible to educate them about healthy attachment and effective, loving parenting practices and to provide needed maternal mental health."
More on eTradeWire News
- The Survival Sign Publishes New Facebook Business Page
- Ben Byron Davis of Red Dead Redemption II joins The Grindhouse Radio
- Jared Goff to Donate $1,000 per Touchdown to Support California Strong
- Steeves and Associates Invited to Attend Microsoft Identity-Driven Security Airlift Event
- Children's Services Foundation of SWFL makes first grants to help fill service gaps
Well Baby Center is a licensed non-profit community psychology clinic in operation since 2008. Our mission is to strengthen parent-child relationships by promoting reflective and mindful interactions between parent and child. We offer a warm and friendly atmosphere where clinical and non-clinical services together aim to destigmatize the act of obtaining and receiving mental health services. All clinical services are available on a sliding scale based on family income. The center offers free initial consultations and free introductions to our parenting groups so there is an easy way for parents to learn about the center and the services we offer.
Well Baby Center's staff consists of licensed and pre-licensed infant-parent mental health practitioners and early childhood educators. Our relationship-focused approach evolved out of compelling developmental research that showed the importance of parental reflective functioning and secure attachment relationships in the first years of a child's life. We work with the entire family system to enhance positive parent-child interactions in a holistic way. We provide a welcoming space for parents to feel comfortable bringing all their parenting concerns, ranging from normal developmental challenges to more intensive treatments – all within the milieu of a local community center.
The event is sponsored by a community engagement grant provided by LACDMH.
- We The Creative develops three 2018 Year In Review reports for City of Long Beach
- Mobile Cannabis Lounge Tours Land in Los Angeles
- Aron Blue Tells the Truth About Mermaids
- Cat Tree Plus: Charming Cat Trees and Other Supplies
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Havana, Cuba and improve the lives of the Cuban people
- Odd-On Industries Brings Much Needed Fun to the Smart Speaker Market
- Greasezilla Selected to be the FOG Separation Technology for Danbury Wastewater Treatment Center
- REV•1 Engineering® Takes Early Phase Medical Device Development To The Next Level
- Eliminate The Unnecessary So That The Necessary May Scat
- WWI Paris Comes To Life In The Little Palace
- Billerica-based Tint King Provides Info Regarding Hiring Commercial Window Tinting Companies
- One of the pioneers of the MedTech field, Peter McCredie, joins the MedTech Visionaries Awards
- Detroit Non-Profits Partner with Local Agency to Support Small Business Growth
- About iRemodel Home Renovations
- Berea BioVentures Announces Collaboration with CMPlus, Inc. To Match Life Science Companies
- Madisonville, KY Pennyrile Technologies Provides an All-in-One Managed IT Solutions
- Texas A&M University and VetNOW Create First Veterinary Telemedicine Program
- Sacred Heart School to hold annual Golf Tournament
- iRemodel Home Renovations and Improvement
- Anytime Fitness College Parkway Raises $6K with 9/11 Push-Up Challenge Benefit