Popular on eTradeWire
- Several UK Mortgage businesses have now successfully franchised their operations 438
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board 122
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 119
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Reality TV Star's Husband, Dallas Fire Department and Operation Kindness Save Kitten
- MC Companies Clears The Air On New Smoking Policies
- Compassionate In-Home Care, Inc. Earns 2018 Angie's List Super Service Award
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- Roofers On Demand Best Roofers
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
Similar on eTradeWire
- Charles H Stewart Backdrops Selling Inventory
- Saum G To Release New Music album "Alternate Paths"
- Gregory Brenner Art presentation at Conception Art Exhibiition in New York City
- 71-Year-Old Retiree Discovers Passion for Painting, Helps Preserve Montreal's History through Art
- The Poster Sale's van Aswegen Taps Into Business, Social Opportunity
- LowPro. Released His Newest EP, and the Result is Dynamic and Endlessly "Expansive"
- Ars Musica Chorale seeks Young Artists
- #NEWTRUTHS Launches During the 2019 Cincinnati Music Festival to Showcase the Strength and Dispel Myths of Black Culture
- Exploring the Abstract in Visual Art
- Social Justice Activist and Veteran Radio Host Mark Thompson Launches New Daily Show and Podcast with DNR Studios and DCP Entertainment
During the talk, Xiomaro will show the stunning transformation that the historical buildings have undergone during the restoration process and give behind-the-scenes insights that go beyond the book's pages. He will also give an overview of his work – which ranges from the National Parks to street photography – as well as his workshops, upcoming books, and other projects. A Q&A session will follow and one audience member will be randomly selected to win one of the author's autographed Weir Farm 5x7" prints. The book will be available for purchase at a discount.
In the book, Xiomaro – who is the Visiting Artist at Weir Farm and an alumnus of its Artist-in-Residence program – tells the story of Julian Alden Weir (1852–1919), a leading innovator of American Impressionist painting, and chronicles his farm's rescue from residential development to its establishment as a park. The farm's landscape inspired countless masterpieces created by Weir, his famous painter-friends, two subsequent generations of artist-owners, and contemporary artists who continue to create at the park. The book's historical narrative unfolds with well over 100 photographs, most of which were created by Xiomaro under commissions from the National Park Service.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tokyu Hotel Corporation Announces Grand Opening of the Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu, November 1, 2019
- Apex Officer of the Week Launches to Honor Police and Law Enforcement Officers
- New Yoga Book Offers "Motivational Lessons" for Lasting Lifestyle Changes
- Toll Brothers Colorado honored for second year in Best Workplace Awards
- Houston's office market recovery hits a speed bump in Q2
The foreword was written by Senator Joe Lieberman who introduced legislation in 1990 to establish Weir Farm, located in Wilton and Ridgefield, as Connecticut's first national park. Weir Farm is also the only one in the nation dedicated to painting. In 2020, the park will be depicted as part of the US Mint's America the Beautiful series. The Mint's website says the series "captures the breathtaking beauty of America's natural landscapes that have inspired countless poets, adventurers, and artists. Today, these hallowed sites are… enshrined" through the quarters designed by the Mint.
The large photographic prints, measuring 17″ x 25," offer immersive and detailed views of Weir's studio, his brushes, his home, and the landscape. The photographs have been widely circulated throughout Connecticut at venues such as the Capitol building in Hartford, the Bridgeport office of Congressman Jim Himes, and the Stamford Mayor's office.
Xiomaro (pronounced "SEE-oh-MAH-ro") is an internationally recognized artist and speaker whose photography has been covered by The New York Times, CBS Eyewitness News, and News 12. His work has been exhibited at Harvard University, museums, galleries, and public spaces.
The book was released internationally by Arcadia Publishing as part of its Images of Modern America series, which the company website describes as uncovering "amazing aspects of American history that are all too often overlooked by standard texts" and "filled with expertly penned content and stunning full-color images." Arcadia, based in Charleston, South Carolina, is the leading publisher of local and regional books in the United States with a library of more than 14,000 titles.
More on eTradeWire News
- Made in America! Calling for Municipalities to Reduce Greenhouse Gases – ECOFuelMax
- Flutist Kim Scott Releases New CD "Free To Be" on Innervision Records
- David R. Larson Joins Jmn Logistics & Transportation As Chief Commercial Officer
- New Thought Scholar Reveals the "Secret" of Think and Grow Rich
- QIRT Hosts Educational Conference in Advance of Home Health Industry Payment Model Changes
The Mark Twain Library was founded in 1908 by the most popular American author of the time, Samuel Clemens – best known as Mark Twain – who lived in Redding. The Mark Twain Library is located at 439 Redding Road, Redding, CT 06896. The illustrated talk and book signing is on Saturday, July 27, at 3:00 pm, and is the final day of the Weir Farm photography exhibit. For more information and a free Weir Farm print, visit http://www.xiomaro.com.
- Circadence Wins Silver Award for inCyt from International Serious Play Awards Competition
- The Family Business Antonio's Pizza Opens Antonio's Brew Wall, a Pizzeria & Taproom Concept Featu
- FetchRev Goes Global with Automated Marketing Platform for Local Merchants
- Camping Glamping & More: Your One Stop Shop for Camping Supplies
- SimplePractice Celebrates Partnership with The Gottman Institute
- Your Security Pros: State-of-the-Art Surveillance Systems to Keep Your Valuables Safe
- Accurate Brazing Expanding Operations in South Carolina
- Keno Kozie Associates and HBR Managed Services Partner for Webinar on Bimodal IT
- Flywheel Uses Lola.com and Expensify to Streamline T&E Reporting
- Kitchen Asset: Make Dinner Memorable with Premium Kitchen Accessories
- Ars Musica Chorale Seeks Music Director/Conductor
- National Transportation acquires Destination Shuttle Systems of Los Angeles
- Red River Zoo Consolidates Systems with TRYTN
- Philly vs Everyone as Team Flip Murray brings back Pro-Am Summer League Rivalry to big East Coast C
- Henley printer cuts the cost of LED lighting with grant funding
- Top Spec Mini Pc | Special Offer | £500 Off This Week
- Saelig Introduces PicoScope 4823 8-Channel Automotive Oscilloscope
- Children's Franchises happen to be one of the consistently well-performing UK business sectors
- Whistleblowing E-learning Course Launched by Engage in Learning
- BCS Named to 2019 MSP 501 List of Top Managed Services Providers