Popular on eTradeWire
- One Of Hip Hop's Secret Unknown Gem Black Diamond 3901
- One of the pioneers of the MedTech field, Peter McCredie, joins the MedTech Visionaries Awards 850
- Perfect Fabric for Wide Variety of Dresses 791
- Coming Next Week: Palm Beach Chapter of the Rare Fruit Council to Host TROPICAL FRUIT & PLANTS 788
- Remodeling Experts Share Seven (Costly) Mistakes to Avoid 782
- Calvetta Phair launches new Refer All Staffing App with Corporate and Community Events 767
- Rook Coffee Accepts Applications For Second Annual Day of Giving 766
- The Gem City's Ready To Shine As Fashion Capital Of Midwest With Dayton Fashion Week 688
- New Proposal May Allow Debt Collectors to Communicate Through Social Media 451
- Zoom Electric Scooters brings the future to today with their range of 100% electric Mopeds 353
Similar on eTradeWire
- "Four Brothers in Arms" by Ian McGill is published
- Wizard World Teams With Madison Reading Project On Comic Book Program at Wizard World, Oct. 25-27
- "Fury's Child" by Geoffrey Abrahams is published by New Generation Publishing
- Brighton Publishing releases "Heir to the Throne II" from author Gregg Brown
- New Book Redefines Recovery with Practical Coping Skills
- New Release! Theocracy by Patrick Boen is now available from Dreaming Big Publications!
- 2019 Maxy Awards "Best Thriller" "Black Frog" By Author B.D. Smith Now Available Worldwide!
- Kissimmee Authors, Thomas J. Williams, EA, and Iris K. Palma, JD, Nominated for Global Award
- Attn: Book Publishers: Here is some information about Seven "Next Big Things" in the Book Business
- The Tales and Princesses Series
Barry employs six techniques for coining the words in Maledictionary.
1. "Blended words." For example squirrmin, a blending of squirrel and vermin.
2. New definitions for existing words. For example, hypnotic, a muscle spasm of a person in a trance.
More on eTradeWire News
- Center for Relational Health LV to host workshops based on Brené Brown best-sellers 'Daring Greatly' and 'Rising Strong'
- PearlFection Dentistry in Urbana Maryland Moving to Urbana Giant Shopping Center
- An action everyone should take before preparing food
- New Solutions With Battalion Tree Service In Texas, Servicing Mid County, Hardin, Jefferson Area's &
- Concierge Auctions Announces Largest Sale Ever of the Most Valued Global Properties—All Closing at Auction in Three Bidding Days Live in Hong Kong
3. "Portmanteau-plus." A combination of three or more words to create a single one. For example, junkbulliar, a person who concocts a stew of junk data, bunk, bullshit, and lies.
4. Combinations of whole words. For example: gallblather (n.) acrimonious banter.
5. Homophonia. Homophonic whole words or syllables create this effect. For example: arthwritis, difficulty in corresponding due to manual joint problems.
6. Spelling alterations. Arthwritis also fits this category. Another example: borometer, a device for measuring levels of ennui.
"With the increasing dysfunction of the US political system and a distressing trend toward authoritarianism, I thought the time was right for a dictionary dealing with these issues," says John Barry. But that was not Barry's only impetus for creating Maledictionary. "I've been intrigued by language since I was a kid," he continues, "and that interest led me to a career in writing and publishing."
More on eTradeWire News
- Lennar's Estrella Del Norte Grand Opens October 19
- Most motorcycle engine problems are either mechanical, fuel-related or due to neglect
- Apptivo Teams Up With API Nation To Upgrade Integration Features
- This Phone Mount is Creating Waves
- Fifth Third Foundation awards $50,000 grant to Earn to Learn FL
Barry served in editorial positions for a variety of magazines. Maledictionary is his twelfth book as author or coauthor and his second with Sean Barry, his son. Their first book was entitled What a Zoo! An evolutionary guide to the Beltway bestiary and geopolitical jungle.
Maledictionary is available from Amazon in print or as an e-book.
About Waterside Productions
Waterside publishes ebooks, audio books, print on demand and traditional print books. Waterside's mission is to help authors and publishers reach the largest possible audiences for books, ebooks, films, audiobooks, and online courses that will enhance joy and create a better world.
- Valley Vista Ski Products Introduces Bootaclava
- Top Winner of the Latin Podcast Awards 2019 Latino USA from NPR
- The American Vaping Association Joins Oral Cancer Initiative's Fight Against Oral Cancer
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Previously Announced Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Kalos Therapeutics Stengthens Executive Team
- Live the Lifestyle of Downton Abbey at One of Ireland's Blue Book
- American Wild Horses Set On Path To Extinction?
- En-Pro® Management Partners with Orleans Parish Communications District Communications District
- West Coast Self-Storage to Host DuPont Youth Haunted House
- City Barbeque to celebrate Family Time all day Sunday, October 20
- Off-Site Construction Builder Connecticut Valley Homes Wins Multiple Awards from the National Association of Home Builders
- Introducing the Live Active Five: Now Available in the U.S
- Government Marketing University Names Finalists for 2019 GAINER Awards
- Fullerton Arboretum Opens Historical Museum Exhibit At Its O.c. Nikkei Heritage Museum
- Footwear Brand Brings Unique Design Approach to Waterproof/Insulated Kids Boots
- Plenty of treats for bidders at Nye & Company's pre-Halloween Estate Treasures Auction, October 30th
- Insurance Navy Earns Better Business Bureau Accreditation
- $17 Million Vero Beach, Florida Compound to Auction Without Reserve via Concierge Auctions
- Cole-TAC LLC is a GSA MULTIPLE SCHEDULE approved vendor! Brian Peterson / Government Marketplace LLC
- Xometry Announces the Launch of XometryU