Popular on eTradeWire
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Features 'Book Now, Pay Later' Special Offer 133
- Full Schedule for the Women in Travel Summit North America Released 128
- Local Doctor to Release Book on Vision and Learning 109
- Listening 2 YOU Tour Exploring Progressive Democratic Candidate Erica Collins ARTS CAFE Millville NJ
- STC Software Solutions provides the best combination of offers for travelers around the world
- Springtime and Early Summer are Perfect Times to Visit Cute Koedo-Kawagoe
- Data Privacy Week: Blockstack Apps Show Respect for Digital Rights
- Reduced Prices On Romance Novels
- January 2020 Top Ten Blockstack Apps Sparking a Privacy Revolution
- Black Dog Venture Partners, Make It Studio and Infamy Fantasy Esports form Partnership to bring fantasy to gamers worldwide
Similar on eTradeWire
- "The Saxon Twins: Book One of The Needle and The Sword" by Helen M. Stevens is published
- Gymnastics Lessons Learned, Life Lessons through Gymnastics
- North Carolina writer, Rita Berman, in World War II book
- One Man's Desperate Search For A Cure Reignites His Faith
- Coming in June from Down & Out Books: NEVER THE CRIME by Colin Conway and Frank Zafiro
- "Bad Love Strikes" on Shelves Now in Tattered Cover Bookstore!
- It Pays To Wait: Ann M. Grisby Waits Two Years For Success… And Breaks Through
- The Lord of the Rings Raffle from Dark Regions Press Until February 29th on DarkRegions.com
- "The Ninth Cross" by J. Karst is published by New Generation Publishing
- Dark Water, Game Over a historical novel based on a true deep state whistleblower story
Barry employs six techniques for coining the words in Maledictionary.
1. "Blended words." For example squirrmin, a blending of squirrel and vermin.
2. New definitions for existing words. For example, hypnotic, a muscle spasm of a person in a trance.
More on eTradeWire News
- JMN Logistics Announces Key Hire
- The Brownstones at New Visions Named Community of the Year at Awards Event
- Tax Resolution Attorney John P. Willis Writes About Options For Taxpayers Who Don't File Taxes
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive wins Governor's Workplace Safety Award
- Plant based Fountain of Youth - The Science of Healthy Aging presented by Dr. Frank Sabatino, Health Director of Balance for Life Retreat Florida
3. "Portmanteau-plus." A combination of three or more words to create a single one. For example, junkbulliar, a person who concocts a stew of junk data, bunk, bullshit, and lies.
4. Combinations of whole words. For example: gallblather (n.) acrimonious banter.
5. Homophonia. Homophonic whole words or syllables create this effect. For example: arthwritis, difficulty in corresponding due to manual joint problems.
6. Spelling alterations. Arthwritis also fits this category. Another example: borometer, a device for measuring levels of ennui.
"With the increasing dysfunction of the US political system and a distressing trend toward authoritarianism, I thought the time was right for a dictionary dealing with these issues," says John Barry. But that was not Barry's only impetus for creating Maledictionary. "I've been intrigued by language since I was a kid," he continues, "and that interest led me to a career in writing and publishing."
More on eTradeWire News
- Dealer Teamwork Wins 2020 AWA Award for Marketing Automation
- HBMA Congratulates Medevolve Inc. On Compliance Accreditation
- Naugatuck Chamber Invites Nonprofit Organizations Statewide To Raise Funds From Duck Race Raffles
- Hyundai Repairs Covered by autopom! Vehicle Protection Plans
- The Behemoth's Alien Hominid Invasion: First Look Gameplay
Barry served in editorial positions for a variety of magazines. Maledictionary is his twelfth book as author or coauthor and his second with Sean Barry, his son. Their first book was entitled What a Zoo! An evolutionary guide to the Beltway bestiary and geopolitical jungle.
Maledictionary is available from Amazon in print or as an e-book.
About Waterside Productions
Waterside publishes ebooks, audio books, print on demand and traditional print books. Waterside's mission is to help authors and publishers reach the largest possible audiences for books, ebooks, films, audiobooks, and online courses that will enhance joy and create a better world.
- CrossJack, A Revolutionary New Car Jack
- Trump Budget Would Mean Higher Costs for 134,000 Massachusetts College Students
- KRAVIS CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS To Present SPAMILTON: An American Parody April 22-26 in t
- Beat Bugs JV at Theatre School @ North Coast Rep
- YWCA Australia leads push for more young women on boards
- Women learn the sexy art of striptease at Lismore festival
- Advanced Analytics for Sage 100 by DataSelf Released
- Pet Products Pro: Everything Your Pet Needs For Success
- PODS® Wisconsin offers moving and storage solutions for local businesses
- The Clarissa Manuel Foundation announces new youth program initiative - Young Cultivated Minds of the Future (YCMF)
- Family Owned Summer Camp Welcomes Third Generation of Leadership
- MOET Law Firm Opens Second Office
- Harley-davidson Of Washington, D.c. Recognized For Outstanding Performance
- Lady Clipper Barbershop Hosts Wellness Retreat for Senior Residents on International Women's Day
- Bioeconomy Consulting Group Adds Top Government Funding Expert
- State Pride You Can Wear this Texas Independence Day
- Alpha Foods Returns to Natural Products Expo West with Tasty Meal Solutions for Flexitarian Diets
- shareDOWNTOWN announces first retail tenant, Golden Fog coffee bar
- Holabird's four-day Objects of Our Affections auction, held Feb. 14th-17th in Reno, totals $356,000
- KRON TV's Pam Moore Headlines San Francisco 100 Black Women Honors