Popular on eTradeWire News
- Rumors circulating of Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Inc considering AstraZeneca (AZN) bid 426
- New Artists Acquisition for Mack Drama & 1017 Brick Squad Mafia Records 286
- Netflix "Fastest Car" Series Taps Supercar Owner Bryan L. Salamone 271
- Anti-Parasite Formula ParasiFort Removes Parasites In Humans 190
- EmpowHer Institute Partners With B-STEM Project 154
- Local high school string quartet to join touring Beatles vs. Stones show on Charlotte stage 151
- Gucci Mane receives the 2018 Swisher Spark Award in LA 147
- Advanced Core Concepts Announces Partnership with Keystone Synergistic Enterprises 146
- Atlanta Filmmaker Sinatra 'Osm' Onyewuchi Shoots Award-Winning Faith-Based, Short Film for $240.00 132
- 68% Of Data Breaches Take Months Or Longer To Discover 117
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Driver's License and Blockchain Please!
- How to Rent a Cleaned Porta Potty Unit?
- 18 New Partners Join GrooveCar Direct Program in Q1 2018
- CMMI Certification In India - Productive and Appraisal Solution for Software Development Industries
- Rapid growth foreseen for online retail commerce in the Philippines, according to yStats.com
- Online retail expands in Vietnam through marketplace model: yStats.com report
- Get The Widest Range Of Natural Peppermint Tea Online From Goodwyn Store
- Solstice Named to Companies That Care 2018 'Honor Roll'
- 3C - 2018 Denver Business Journal Small Business Award Finalist
- Pierre Branding Group to host Mentorship for Leadership Lunch Series with Henry County Leaders
The Summit at the Wyndham Southbury Hotel provides attendees the opportunity to participate in one of three informative Breakout Sessions: Taxing & Spending; Energy, Environment, Regulations & Jobs, or Health, Human Services & Public Safety. The breakout sessions will feature smaller groups of legislators, allowing attendees to connect with them and discuss state public policy issues that impact their business.
In addition, the Summit will also feature a keynote address by Fred Carstensen, professor of finance and director of the CT Center for Economic Analysis at the University of Connecticut School of Business in Storrs. The Waterbury Regional Chamber will also present its second annual Legislator of the Year Award. And, for the first time, the Chamber will present the results of its Regional Economic and Job-Hiring Survey.
More on eTradeWire News
- Webline-Services: Intelligent Knowledge Management and Support Chat Software
- New Line of Eco-Friendly Kitchen Accessories Comes to GreyDock.com
- Adelphi Business School Earns International Reaccreditation
- IT Works Recruitment Inc. WINS 2018 PACESETTER AWARD
- ATEN Eliminates Bulky Docking Stations with Plug and Play USB Mini Dock
- Kempinski Hotel Bahía is recognised as one of Europe's Leading Entertainment & Dining Resorts
- Renowned Caterer Opens Hecter's Kitchen Restaurant
The Chamber will share its 2018 Legislative and Regional Agenda with members of the region's legislative delegation as well as attendees. The Agenda represents the business community's priorities in matters of public policy and economic development in Greater Waterbury. The Agenda has been developed during months of work by the Chamber's Public Policy Committee and Health Care Council, as well as by the Chamber's board of directors, and Chamber staff. The Agenda sets priorities it would like the state General Assembly to take up and address during the 2018 legislative session.
During the Summit's three breakout sessions, which will be presented simultaneously in separate meeting rooms between 9:15 and 10:00 AM, legislators have been invited to participate and speak directly with attendees. Discussion in Session A on Taxing & Spending will focus on the state budget deficit; how to deal with declining tax revenue; how to create fiscal certainty, and how to best prioritize and control spending. Invited legislators include Sen. Joan Hartley; Sen. Len Suzio; Sen. Eric Berthel; Rep. Jeff Berger; Rep. Arthur O'Neill, and Rep. John Piscopo.
Discussion in Session B on Energy, Environment, Regulations, and Jobs will focus on how to best address energy costs; how to continue to support brownfields remediation; and how to improve the business/regulatory climate. Invited legislators to participate in Session B include Sen. George Logan; Rep. Anthony D'Amelio; Rep. Craig Fishbein; Rep. David Labriola; Rep. Rosa Rebimbas, and Rep. Geraldo Reyes.
More on eTradeWire News
- Navy Contracting Summit Convenes Military and Business to Discuss Defense Contracting Priorities
- Spring vintage drops just in at The Stellar Boutique
- Flow Alkaline Spring Water Announces Distribution in Sprouts Farmers Market
- United Country Real Estate Ranked Among the Top Residential Real Estate Teams in Kansas City
- Halderman Real Estate and Farm Management picks Consumer51 for web maintenance and digital marketing
- Dentures in Easton Only $650 and $750 per Arch
- Environmental Systems Voted Number 1 Complex Oil Tank & Gas Tank Removal Company in NJ !
Topics in Session C on Health, Human Services & Public Safety will focus on the Opioid crisis; cuts to mental health care; the state hospital tax, and how best to prioritize and control healthcare spending. Invited legislators include Sen. Joe Markley; Rep. Larry Butler; Rep. Stephanie Cummings; Rep. Nicole Klarides-Ditria; Rep. Joe Polletta; Rep. Rob Sampson, and Rep. Lezlye Zupkus.
Gold sponsor for the 2018 Summit is Trinity Health New England; the Silver Sponsor is Post University, Pullman & Comley LLC, and the Brass Sponsor is CIVIL 1 and Secor, Cassidy & McPartland, PC.
Tickets for reserved seating for Waterbury Regional Chamber members are $45; $500 for a reserved table of 10 with priority seating and company signage and recognition. Reservations are requested by Friday, January 19, 2018. The event will run from 7:30 – 10:00 AM.
To learn more, to sponsor the Summit, or to register, visit www.waterburychamber.com, or contact Courtney Ligi at email@example.com or Alison Amato at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 203-757-0701.
Waterbury Regional Chamber
- GET CEO, Dain Schult, Talks About Upcoming Joint Venture Projects
- The Skin Care Clinic Offers Best Non Surgical Lipofirm Fat Reduction In London with Huge Discount
- Globally Known Design Exec Joins RS21
- Vote Yeboah evans in the upcoming badminton confederation of Africa election
- Mischa Sturzenegger Joins UC Point as New Global Sales Director Conferencing
- What's in a Business Award for DetailXPerts?
- Top Restaurant Management Tips - Owner Of Indian Restaurant In Melbourne
- The Fiduciary Litigation Landscape, State and Federal Law's Impact on Settlement Agreements, and Other Topics To Be Addressed at ALI CLE Progr
- EPA Grants $54.3 Million through 221 Brownfield Awards to 144 Communities
- Braidedrugs.com Offers a Wide Variety of Colorful Rugs at Competitive Prices
- Educational Programs to Help Older Drivers and Colorado's Occupational Therapists
- Homespice Decor Introduces a New Range of Primitive Home Decor Items
- Expertscape Ranks World's Top Doctors in Acute Kidney Injury
- Economical Omron PLC models price compare to Omron dealers in Chennai| Data Trace Automation
- The 7-Step Process for Custom Software Development
- Have you got a room with a view?
- Fairmas expands with company representation in Amsterdam
- Cooking Oil to Witness Growing Demand in Emerging Economies of Asia Pacific Excluding Japan Region
- A BWI Car Service Can Be a Wonderful Asset for a Quick Trip to or From the Airport
- Asahi India Glass Ltd.(AIS) and Tarun Tahiliani announce AIS Glass Villa, a one-of-its-kind living s