Popular on eTradeWire
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- New Airbnb Style Web Service For Athletes & Sports Teams
- Explore The Work Of Artist M.G. Stout During Miami Art Week At Spectrum & Red Dot Art Fairs
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- IOTAP (Work 365) Announces the Completion of SOC2 Type 2 Certification
- Now, The Ultimate Gut Course, to "Decolonize"
- Global Women Transformation Summit Speakers
Similar on eTradeWire
- Nationwide Boiler Announces Hydrogen Firing Capabilities for Existing Fleet of Rental Boilers
- 2022 Colorado Cleantech Awards Finalists Announced
- EMSL Radon Testing Lab now offering Radon in Air and Radon in Water Test Kits
- Why Tree removal Has Varying Cost
- Advocate Erin Brockovich Hosts Town Hall About Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
- The Benefits of Shade Trees - Five Star Tree Services
- Male Breast Cancer Survivor Mike Partain Hosts Town Hall About Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
- Retired Marine Jerry Ensminger Hosts Town Hall About Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
- Ventura County Public Works Agency launches "Don't Dump on VC"
- Author Lives Through Hurricanes He Foresaw
Aquifers are increasingly stressed. Groundwater recharge is a critical factor in assessing groundwater sustainability, particularly in arid and semi-arid regions like California but recharge is very difficult to measure precisely. VCPWA trialed a 3-Dimensional geophysical imaging survey to assess the groundwater recharge potential and its variation, across several percolation basins used for managed aquifer recharge. The results showed that the existing percolation ponds can efficiently recharge the groundwater basin and a final report provided recommendations for maximizing infiltration rates with minor modifications to the ponds. This data not only enables VCPWA to predict infiltration rates, but also provides a means for optimizing the design of future stormwater diversion infrastructure.
More on eTradeWire News
- Phil Lynott And Rory Gallagher Receive Euro Note Honors
- Popular Winter Mega Sale at Sunber Returns for 2022
- Jordann Dwayne Announces 2 More Projects in December 2022!
- Build a Defi Staking Platform With PerfectionGeeks Technologies
- Stacy Rose stars in Apple TV+ series Season 2 "Little America"
This published study was led by Lawrence Berkely National Lab geophysicist Sebastian Uhlemann and facilitated by Joe Pope, VCPWA's Director Water & Sanitation. Joe and VCPWA Engineering Manager, June Kim, were listed as co-authors on the article "3D Hydrogeophysical Characterization of Managed Aquifer Recharge Basins" which was published in Frontiers in Earth Science, section Hydrosphere. Frontiers is the 3rd most-cited and 6th largest research publisher and open science platform in the world. Funding for this study was provided through the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California's Future Supply Actions Program.
"VCPWA is working diligently on long term projects that will create future drought resiliency for Ventura County. Projects like these are incredibly important to improving the health of our stressed local groundwater basins" said Joe Pope "We are delighted to share our work and findings with Frontiers so other areas can learn from our experience."
The full article can be found here: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/feart.2022.942737/full (https://url.avanan.click/v2/___https:/www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/feart.2022.942737/full___.YXAzOnZlbnR1cmE6YTpvOmYxN2YwZGU4YzY0ZjdlMGViZDMwNjNkNDNjMGM4Y2I0OjY6M2Q5ZToxM2YzNGY4N2E5NjVhYmUxNzQ1NzE0NWMyZTI4ZjA2MGUwMmI3YzY4N2Y4NjQ3MDI0MjBjNWY3Y2Y...)
More on eTradeWire News
- Second Amendment Lawyer Lynne Torgerson obtains success in NIC's appeal
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Shares His Tips For Creating Quality Content For Social Media
- Porcine Thrombin (Highly Pure)
- Frog focused artist Rainylune is Attic Salt's Artist of the Month
- Christmas Light Installation in Houston Texas
About Ventura County Public Works Agency
VCPWA strives to deliver innovative, efficient, and cost-effective regional services that are essential to the health, safety, natural resources protection, and economic vitality of Ventura County and its residents. Established in 1954, VCPWA employs approximately 400 employees and consists of five departments: Central Services, Engineering Services, Roads & Transportation, Water & Sanitation, and Watershed Protection.
VCPWA continues to receive nationwide attention for its effective operations in improving, innovating, and ensuring projects for Ventura County's unincorporated 572 miles of roads, watersheds, levees, bridges, infrastructures, water and sanitation facilities, and billing services.
- Tesla TSLA Stock Predictions 2025
- 5 Holly-Jolly Festivities Avo Limo can Transport the Family to this Winter
- How to Write a Business Plan: Simple Tips for Running a Successful Business
- MESSIAH - Coming to Ontario California!
- Shreveport Ware Damage Restoration Launches Two New Websites
- Successful 100th Subsidiary Company Registration in India- By EzyBiz India Consulting LLP
- iPower Energy completes a residential solar installation in Menifee Lakes, CA
- Get Xanax Online - Flash Sale: Get $65 Off
- D Love: A New Brand Setting The Standard For Luxury Fashion
- Facebook Ads for Beginning Advertisers? Nope. Here's Why
- Promised Land. The trailer won a global award
- Fans Primed To Offer Deion Sanders Lucrative Deal To Stay At Jsu
- Award-Winning Artists Celebrate the Continued Success of Education Through Music-Los Angeles at their Gala on Nov 30th
- Tracking Testers for Radars & Communications Systems
- New SMS Marketing Features Announced for Buying Buddy IDX CRM Solution
- Used Blue 2020 Ford Escape for Sale!
- Colorado-Based, Culture-Driven E-Commerce Business Expands to Ohio
- NY Times joins Jazz for Peace Ron Paul, Roger Waters Noam Chomsky & more in call to release Assange!
- Global Learning Charter Public School Announces Rachel Lambauer as 504 Coordinator
- Daugherty Named The Nation's Best and Brightest In Wellness & Best and Brightest Companies