Popular on eTradeWire
- So Mr.Curtis' Name Is Called at Mail Time! - 131
- Health Care Veteran Named Altercare President
- Zone heating and cooling systems pay off in energy savings
- Who Will Win The 2021 US Open Tennis Tournament?
- COE Distributing Makes 9th Appearance on Pittsburgh Business Times List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- South Florida Doctors Did NOT Walk Out in Protest
- StoreEase Virtual Management Adds Industry Veterans to Dynamic Leadership Team
- West Lane Partners, LLC Invests in Simply Organic Beauty
- Kazakh electronic star Imanbek and rock-tinged genius LP release 'Fighter'
- Quarch Technology expands its Power Analysis range with new fixtures for HDDs, SSDs and Cable Harnesses
Similar on eTradeWire
- femPAQ Emergency Menstruation Kits Bring Peace of Mind to Unexpected Periods
- SFBATCO Honors Betty Reid Soskin Oldest U.S. National Park Service Ranger's 100th Birthday
- Slide Guitarist Co-Writes Song about a Broken Voice
- National Black Distance Running Hall of Fame to Induct Samia Akbar
- Faith Talk Radio Host + Pastoral Counselor Dr. Angela Chester Makes Top 30 Inspiring Women 2021 List
- Versatile Award-Winning Haitian Artist Natalie Jean Wins Two Awards at the 2021 Indie Music Channel Awards
- Artist Ramona Pintea Collaborates With Celebrities, Visionaries And Leaders To Raise Money And Support Charities For Women And Girls Around The World
- Tara Troy Returns to the Chain Theatre In Still, Birth
- Christ-Centered Business Appears to Actually Advocate for Divorce
The Women Who Enterprise program model and curriculum are specifically tailored to increase participants' access to capital, networks, and confidence to successfully own, operate, and scale their businesses during the pandemic and beyond. The Women Who Enterprise business training program utilizes a virtual cohort model, that's instructor-led and coupled with expert lecturers, all centered around a culturally relevant and responsive curriculum to equip existing registered businesswomen of color in their pursuit of advancing their business operations and access to funding.
More on eTradeWire News
- CARBONELL AWARDS Introduces New Team of Judges for 2021-2022 Theater Season
- Powerful Instrumentals Released On TikTok, Users Encouraged To Use Them In Anti-Censorship Videos
- It's Cheaper Downunder - Quality computer products
- Locate Underground Services With A Trusted Specialist
- Sports World Television LIVE Worldwide "Pro Boxing Channel" Launching January 2022
"Women serve as the backbone of our communities, which means they serve as the backbone of our economy. As evidenced by the rapid increase of Black and Brown women-led businesses being registered daily across the U.S., we know now more than ever, these women are opening businesses out of necessity and our community is suffering due to the impact COVID-19 has had on the workforce." Ayris Scales, CEO of Walker's Legacy Foundation. "Our accelerators address the real-time needs and desires of these women to ensure they are focusing on their whole selves in order to increase their confidence, connections, and coins.
Key findings from Walker's Legacy Foundation's COVID-19 Impact Study funded by the Gates Foundation, released in June have informed the foundation's approach to Women Who Enterprise. The report, which is focused on the impact of COVID-19 on women of color businesses, is the only study of its kind led by women of color entrepreneurs, focused on women of color entrepreneurs in the country. According to the survey results from over 1000 women of color nationally, 75% noted that COVID-19 impacted their mental health, while 80% of women said they did not have an Emergency Preparedness Plan and 90% feared their doors would be closed before the end of the year. Additional programming and funding are needed to respond to these findings and the foundation is open to partnering with stakeholders who are interested in addressing systemic, impactful change.
More on eTradeWire News
- Hoodel™ - The Ultimate Workout Towel, a 100% Cotton Fitness Towel with Hood, Magnets & Zip Pocket
- Remote Work Insights added to the Work Personality Index ®
- Canadian 2022 Myers-Briggs® Training Dates Announced
- Brett Barfield and Juan Pablo Cappello recognized in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in America™
- Your Child's Back-to-School Dental Visit
Women Who Enterprise is currently offered in 3-cities: Washington, D.C. presented by Wells Fargo; Rochester, NY presented by PayPal, REDCo, M&T Bank, W.K. Kellogg Foundation, the Konar Foundation, and the City of Rochester; and Birmingham, AL presented also by PayPal. All accelerator programs begin November 6, 2021, and will be conducted virtually due to the pandemic. Women of color business owners who have a registered business in one of the three cities listed can apply online. Applications close October 4th at 11:59 PM EST.
For more information, please visit https://www.walkerslegacy.org/accelerators
About Walker's Legacy: Walker's Legacy is a global platform for professional and entrepreneurial multicultural women. We exist to inspire, equip, and engage through thought-provoking content, educational programming, and a global community.
- Dr. Patrick Moran Joins Exeter Orthodontics in Reading, PA
- Brand new #homeforsale in @EastBethel!
- Bosco Tech Student Commended by National Merit Scholarship Program
- 2019 Nissan Sentra on Sale in Toronto!
- GBKSOFT launch POS development Service in 2021
- Beautician List Adds New Features To Support Businesses
- Emmy Award Winning Travel Host to Present at Chowdermonth Closing Ceremonies
- Sweet Springs Sanitarium in WV Participating in World's Largest Ghost Hunt 2021
- Call Experts Ranked Best BPO Service in Charlotte by Digital.com
- Offering outstanding dentistry in High Wycombe for the past 50 years!
- Mizner Country Club Steps Up Partnership With Technogym As Hub Of Education, Fitness And Wellness
- TrailMark Hosting Touch-A-Truck on Oct. 9
- Floodproofing.com Releases New Website Dedicated to Floodproof Window Systems
- New company coming out that lets you compare final expense quotes online!
- What to do when someone dies in your family?
- Brownsville Tech Startup, Permittivity, Wins Global Prize Challenge
- NFT Marketplace Satoshi.Art Wows Market With $25M Pre Revenue Evaluation
- Four Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices FNR Realtors Receive Coveted Chairman's Circle Award
- William Blunck Named Chief Operating Officer at Southeast Ventura County YMCA
- What Is The Average Cost Of Full-mouth Dental Implants?