Popular on eTradeWire
- Rosenberg Fans Canada Ltd. will be exhibiting at CIPHEX WEST- 2018 in Calgary 415
- The power of crypto community: The First UK Digibyte Event is on 253
- Fosway launches NEW 9-Grids™ for Cloud HCM and Talent Management 210
- Space Continuum LLC, Wins Contract from Obama Foundation 207
- PATRIZIA FIANDRINI - "Gran sera collection 2018 news" 171
- Newport Digital Marketing for Solicitors | Newport Solicitor SEO 169
- Dr. Noam Arzt named Fellow of the American Medical Informatics Association 148
- Kelly Hyman Attorney, Will Speak at Alliance of Women Trial Lawyers' Fall Conference 2018
- New Amazon Prime Series from Noirtainment "Marisa Romanov" to Debut Teaser at MIPCOM Cannes 2018
- Phastlife Media Group Launches Music Distribution with The Orchard
Similar on eTradeWire
- Freakstomp Music Festival turns three
- Psyche/Rock Band Revolushn To Release Highly Anticipated New Single "Little Red Dolls" 11/23/18
- Exile Brings More Than 50 Years of Music to Mill Town Music Hall this Christmas
- Indy Uchiha Release New Single
- Ty-Ron Mayes and Maria Borges Featured in Agenda Magazine Issue 6, "A Matter of Style"
- International Band The Great Emu War Casualties Release A Surprise EP Recorded in Liverpool
- The ZYG 808 On Hip-Hop As A Vehicle for Social Change
- Embark on a Mesmerizing Musical Exploration with SackJo22's New Album 'Songs of Dreams'
- Village People Release First Ever Christmas Song For 2018 Holiday Season
- Uncle Frank Drops Latest Single & Lyric Video "HEY!"
In January 1969, the third floor of the Labor Temple in Minneapolis started holding concerts on Sunday nights, featuring national and international bands. The first concert was held on February 2, 1969 and featured The Grateful Dead. The Temple was packed and people were turned away at the door due to the lack of room. Community News, a local company, began doing the light shows for the concerts, using home made "movie screens" draped across the back of the stage, as well as the posters, handbills, tickets and even proud control for the events. The concerts at the Labor Temple came to an end in the middle of 1970 but not before dozens of famous established and rising artists played the stage. And for every concert, Juryj "George" Ostroushko designed, printed and distributed a small set of promotional posters. These posters were typically never saved by anyone, and are highly sought after by collectors worldwide.
More on eTradeWire News
- Franchise Sales Revenue is More Than Just Event-Based at Totally Nutz®
- 27th Whitaker St. Louis International Film Festival announces award winners and attendance results
- Historic Pann's Restaurant Celebrates 60 Years and Donates $20,000 To Inner City Youth
- Peerless-AV® Launches New Diamond Level of the Certified Installer Training Program
- CyanGate Joins Salesforce Consulting Program and Solidifies Presence in the Ecosystem
- The Lifetime Montessori School Difference: It's About Learning, Not Grades
- As Temperatures Cool, Pizza Patrón Turns Up The Heat
Ostroushko is a Twin Cities artist with a passion for music. As part of his company Community News, his job was to create images and effects for the light show for each concert at the Minneapolis Labor Temple. He was always trying new effects with gels, oils, lights, screens and drapes and he designed (and sometimes even printed) each main poster for every concert. Already an artist and hippie from the West Bank of Minneapolis, Juryj always carried a sketch pad with him and when ideas came up he drew them. Many of these sketches were used in the posters he designed. Juryj, sketch pad in hand, traveled to San Francisco in the hey-day of the Haight-Ashbury and Fillmore Era days. As a known artist in the Bay Area, he knew many other posters artists, and they shared their works with each other. His influences can be seen in the likes of Fillmore and Avalon posters, just as they influenced his work. He is a true artist and influencer of the psychedelic era and continues his passion for fine art and music to this day.
The ultimate in rare posters from this artist, and the Labor Temple is coming to auction August 25th, 2018 - THE GRATEFUL DEAD silkscreen poster. The poster for this show sports a very straight- forward design, comprising minimal typography and an image of the group (albeit with only six of the seven members who played at the show). The psychedelic silkscreen poster has a verified provenance being owned by a member of the team that put on the light shows at the event, and there were only ten of these posters ever pulled in the entire world! Of which we believe this is the only poster known to exist.
More on eTradeWire News
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance announces Mackenzie Corrigan as Athletic Trainer
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Sharon Richter
- Freedom Hall presents – Corky Siegel's Chamber Blues and Lynne Jordan, Grand Finale wi
- Wesley House Hosts Digital Silent Auction to Raise Funds on Giving Tuesday
- AGS Stone selected as accredited fabricator for new high-performance alternative to granite
- "I Love My Black Daddy," No Matter What White Society & Obama Say
- White House Raises Red Herring Issue in Acosta Case
Also included in this auction are many rare 60's and 70's psychedelic era posters ranging from the Beatles to Zappa. Collectors will be excited to see a fine set of David Byrd Artist Proof posters, A vintage original signed Woodstock poster, and rare collectible radio station promo albums and 45rpms vinyl records. All topped off by a very rare 1969 Led Zeppelin Atlanta Pop Poster. These items defined the age of Aquarius and the Summer of Love, and are in amazing condition for being 45+ years old.
As an authorized agent for both David Byrd and Arnold Skolnick, the PashCo Posters auction includes posters that are expected to bid well into the thousands, including vintage posters and ephemera from the Fillmore and Avalon Family Dog set, as well as vintage blacklight posters. Potential bidders can check out the treasure trove and review the catalog online here:
Once viewers sign up, they can begin to bid on items and participate in the live worldwide auction on August 25th, 2018 at 9am CST.
To stay in touch with Pashco Posters and get on their mailing list, contact the auctioneer at email@example.com
- Learn While You Earn with Ticket to Work and Apprenticeship
- Book Author Gives Gilgamesh an Epic Spin
- One stop shop to help you with your Short- and Long-Term Care Planning to Protect against Medicaid
- SwiTrace I-Plug Dry Ice Data Loggers
- Renowned Media Personality John Fredericks Launches WJFN as a Richmond-Area News Talk Radio Station
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Joins Subaru of America in Sharing the Love This Holiday Season
- Opportunity to Learn Marine Appraising Aboard the Queen Mary, March 21-23, 2019
- Mountain Khakis, Catawba Brewing Soulshine Kölsch Raises $6K+ for Catawba Lands Conservancy
- Can Alterations make a Wedding Dress Bigger?
- Xtreme Kurves Gives Away Thanksgiving Dinner Shopping Spree to 4 Houston Families
- Remsoft Expands Offerings With Launch of Remsoft Operations
- Women in eDiscovery Announces 2019 Conference
- Marla Horsman Moves Business to RE/MAX DFW Associates
- Capture Meaning in Your Practice: Sustainable Movements
- Kick off the Holidays at Pheasant Run Resort
- Jonathan Longobardi Board President Western New England University School of Law Alumni Association
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Levi United FC as Southeast Conference Expansion Team
- DMS Search Marketing Experts Break Down Barriors Between Paid and Organic Strategies to Gain Marketing Wins in New Webinar
- Elite RV & Boat Storage taking reservations for new storage facility in south Lee County
- The European Commission & Xavier Rolet lead the opening keynotes at TMT Finance World Congress 2018