Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 187
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 179
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 163
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 153
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 153
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 124
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated 124
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020 105
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward 105
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
Similar on eTradeWire
- Kaydence Pharma: Successful completion of Pre-IND meeting with FDA
- Hard bridge sleeves from MECA provide imprint flexibility
- Food industry relies on material handling equipment fabrication
- Buhler Consulting, LLC to Assist Aerospace and Defense Companies
- Blacoh is continuing to experience growth with three new team members
- Professional Grade Fast-Kleen Spot Cleaner For Carpets And Rugs Now Available From Fiber-Shield Industries Inc
- Industrial Packaging Distributor Sold to Chicago Strategic Buyer
- High-Speed Recording of Waveform Frequency Trigger Points
- Southern California's 2019 Leader in IOT Technology
- Custom stainless steel fabrication benefits food-grade projects
CAS DataLoggers has provided the vibration monitoring solution for a refinery relying on a gas turbine-driven generator to provide power for the facility. Continuous vibration monitoring is critical not only to protect against catastrophic failures but also for condition monitoring to allow users to schedule downtime for maintenance and avoid power interruptions which cause costly processing delays. The facility uses an older generator which has begun to develop vibrations in its shafts and bearings, which can lead to fatigue failures. Turbine failure could be due to bearing wear, damage to turbine blades or a number of other factors, so effective fault diagnosis requires analyzing data collected during critical windows surrounding the failure. Therefore technicians needed to setup condition monitoring of vibration signals of the engine's bearings and shafts during normal operation. Users also needed to acquire process data from the turbine including temperature, pressure, flow rates and RPM.
The refinery installed a Delphin Expert Vibro Data Acquisition and Control System (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/product/expert-vibro-ev-8-data-acquisition-system/) sourced from CAS DataLoggers into their control cabinet adjacent to the turbine. The system's compact design and screw terminal connections made installation easy.
The Expert Vibro's 8 synchronous analog inputs allow for direct connection for piezoelectric (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity) accelerometers and displacement sensors at sampling rates of up to 50kHz per channel. The system also features 4 analog outputs and 8 digital outputs for connection to controllers. Integrated comparators for Keyphasor® sensors and 4 digital inputs are also included to enable flexible triggering. All channels are galvanically isolated to prevent transverse distortions.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy reminds No RX required for PT in Illinois
- Rotary Club of Flagler Beach to Host Race of the Runway for Rotary Fundraiser Feb. 2nd
- UK Singer/Songwriter Rob Palladino Releases Highly Anticipated Debut Album "Spirit Trail"
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Tucson Moving and Storage Leader
- Maria Raquel Thomas Named Featured Slimer at Largest DC Slime Expo
- Federal Government Employees Without Pay Get Free Jumps At Sky Zone Joliet
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy announces their Fourth Anniversary
The DAQ system's 24-Bit A/D converter ensures that measurements are taken with a high level of precision. The data logger is also equipped with a high-performance, dual-core FPGA processor based on ARM technology providing it with enormous reserves of power for online computations and analysis, including the ability to perform real-time FFT calculations. Meanwhile, the Expert Vibro's touchscreen display shows users configuration and measurement data.
The Delphin is connected to the control room's PLC to continuously acquire pressure vibrations as well as temperature, flow rate and RPM data from the turbine. In this way the Delphin performs comprehensive condition monitoring for the gas turbine across every value of interest utilizing not only vibration data but also process data such as bearing temperatures. The Expert Vibro system has its own internal data storage capability (32 GB/1 billion point memory), making it especially reliable for this application. The system memory can record raw time signals as well as frequency spectra and characteristic values (Peak-Peak, Gap).
Users then connected the Expert Vibro datalogger's LAN interface to a LAN port giving them the ability to access and evaluate measurement data from any authorized PC on the refinery's network. Analysis of online/offline measurement data is performed from a desktop PC thanks to the Delphin's Profisignal Vibro module, a vibration analysis software module which provides full signal processing.
This modular signal processing system offers users a range of preprocessing functions. Users can select signal filters such as high, low, or bandpass with rectifiers, integrators, differentiators or decimators to configure a preprocessing sequence. Multiple sequences are able to run in parallel in order to evaluate an input signal for maximum versatility.
Simultaneously, the Delphin system sends all the data online via the refinery's wired Ethernet network. This enables the generator's manufacturer to view all the data offsite, providing the refinery with more reliable fault detection and faster response times.
Turbine control is provided by the control room's PLC. In the event of a failure, the PLC will initiate a shutdown command. As soon as the turbine receives the signal to shut off, there's a critical window both before the triggering event and as the turbine slowly spins down. Whenever this event occurs, the Expert Vibro automatically buffers the data from the last 10 minutes in memory before the alarm occurred, so that users can then record that buffer to the system's non-volatile storage. In this way users can analyze the data in the Delphin software for effective turbine failure diagnostic purposes.
More on eTradeWire News
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Thryv as a Trustee Member
- Monsieur Job Mixes Electronic-Infused Latin Rhythms with "Melancholic Happy" ft. Clindistino
- Federal government shutdown postpones World Children's Festival on The National Mall
- Siebert Cisneros Shank Leaps to Second Nationally in Co-Managed Muni Bond Issues
- Life Changing Autism Treatment by Genesis Medical Center is Giving Hope to Parents
- Fiber Artists Thread Work With Technology, Politics, and Pop Culture
- Pervis Taylor III, M.A. Gets Us In Surthrival Mode
The Delphin system functions as a subsystem of the PLC with access to all of its measurement and alarming data. The Expert Vibro also automatically sends users warnings and alarm conditions via their choice of text messages or emails.
The Expert Vibro DAQ system acts as the brain of this application as it measures, monitors and records the vibration and process data fully independent of a host PC. Other vibration monitoring systems require multiple pieces of equipment at a higher cost, but here a single system is providing real-time monitoring, local data storage, alarming, and analysis. This data may then be manually evaluated at regular intervals or used with the alarm management option for automated and direct warnings and alarms to the appropriate personnel. With Delphin, system installation and familiarization with ProfiSignal were both quickly accomplished so that users were soon logging and processing their data.
The intelligent data logger records even the smallest irregularity in the data so non-periodic signals can now be precisely analyzed for effective fault diagnostics. This gives users a look at real time conditions of the gas turbine, making the refinery's generator–and its power—much more reliable, significantly reducing expensive processing delays due to undiagnosed problems when a turbine fails. Prior to installation and the real-time data collection and buffering, it used to take days for engineers to diagnose a problem. This also avoids unnecessary damage to the generator over time.
For further information on the Delphin Expert Vibro DAQ System (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/product/expert-vib...), vibration monitoring, or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Data Logger Application Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or request more information (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/need-more-informat...).
- Learn to Trade Forex and Cryptocurrencies
- Montclair Art Museum Offers Free Admission To Federal Employees During Government Shutdown
- Tax Expert & Advisor Barry Fowler, EA Talks About How Partial Government Shutdown Affects Taxpayers
- Former opponents inside the UFC cage unite for an event aimed at empowering women
- Desert Storm veteran releases military-based time travel novel
- Kim Santino Brings Over 20 Years of Sales and Training Experience to Harbor Point at Centerville
- QIRT Experts Appear as Panelists for 2019 NAHC PDGM Roadshow
- New Single MAIDENS From Singer-Songwriter Stephen Winston Hits The Airwaves
- Announcing Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Support
- AllSight Named Second Generation Master Data Management Vendor by Forrester Research
- Hybrid Studios to Host Annual Artist Relations' Pre-NAMM Event for Third Consecutive Year
- A&A Global Imports Data Security Breach Class Action Investigation
- IBT of Miami explores infrastructure construction in Costa Rica
- Spring Mobile Acquired by Prime Communications
- Martin Williams Releases New Music Video for Simple Things Are Best
- Fuyao North America launching new processing center in Greenville County, South Carolina
- New Jersey Hospital Selects Mobile Solutions from GD & Sonim for Acute Care Team Communications
- New Sermon Podcast from the Rev. Jay Lawlor
- Southern Ocean Made Accredited Business Gets Grant Funding
- Genesis of Tulsa, First Dealership with the G70 in Oklahoma