Popular on eTradeWire
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 126
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Jet Direct Mortgage Opens New Branch Office In Wilmington, North Carolina
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
- Mirage' Coming To Amazon Prime July 16 | Pre-Order Now
- TVS Television Network to Launch TVS Womens Sports Network in July on Giniko USA.Com Platform
- Cen Biotech Announces The Signing Of A Merger Agreement With Csoc
Similar on eTradeWire
- MiaSolé Achieves Flexible Substrate Thin-Film Solar Cell Efficiency of 20.56 Percent
- Stronghold Cyber Security Publishes White Paper on NIST 800-171B for Defense Contractors
- Real-Time Machine Condition Monitoring of Rotating Parts
- SMS Environmental Relocates Derby Office to Ednaston Park
- MECA Solutions' corrugating adhesive rolls help optimize glue use
- Badger's workforce expertise results in quality tank fabrication
- Falco eMotors Achieves UL, CSA and CE Certification for the Full Line of Epoch Industrial and Commercial HVLS Fans
- Woodson and Bozeman Launches New Corporate Website
- Saudi Arabia LED Lights Market Is Excepted To Growth With A CAGR Of 10% In The Period 2019-2024
- Fully-Automated Monitoring of Engine Test Equipment
CAS DataLoggers has provided the vibration monitoring solution for a refinery relying on a gas turbine-driven generator to provide power for the facility. Continuous vibration monitoring is critical not only to protect against catastrophic failures but also for condition monitoring to allow users to schedule downtime for maintenance and avoid power interruptions which cause costly processing delays. The facility uses an older generator which has begun to develop vibrations in its shafts and bearings, which can lead to fatigue failures. Turbine failure could be due to bearing wear, damage to turbine blades or a number of other factors, so effective fault diagnosis requires analyzing data collected during critical windows surrounding the failure. Therefore technicians needed to setup condition monitoring of vibration signals of the engine's bearings and shafts during normal operation. Users also needed to acquire process data from the turbine including temperature, pressure, flow rates and RPM.
The refinery installed a Delphin Expert Vibro Data Acquisition and Control System (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/product/expert-vibro-ev-8-data-acquisition-system/) sourced from CAS DataLoggers into their control cabinet adjacent to the turbine. The system's compact design and screw terminal connections made installation easy.
The Expert Vibro's 8 synchronous analog inputs allow for direct connection for piezoelectric (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity) accelerometers and displacement sensors at sampling rates of up to 50kHz per channel. The system also features 4 analog outputs and 8 digital outputs for connection to controllers. Integrated comparators for Keyphasor® sensors and 4 digital inputs are also included to enable flexible triggering. All channels are galvanically isolated to prevent transverse distortions.
More on eTradeWire News
- Walk Around Turtle Island July issue now online!
- Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies Granted Accreditation
- Brand new home for sale with an open house this weekend!
- Carolina Treetop Challenge Opens, Announcing Ken White as Manager
- Best Solution To Handling Apex Predators In Destin, Florida
The DAQ system's 24-Bit A/D converter ensures that measurements are taken with a high level of precision. The data logger is also equipped with a high-performance, dual-core FPGA processor based on ARM technology providing it with enormous reserves of power for online computations and analysis, including the ability to perform real-time FFT calculations. Meanwhile, the Expert Vibro's touchscreen display shows users configuration and measurement data.
The Delphin is connected to the control room's PLC to continuously acquire pressure vibrations as well as temperature, flow rate and RPM data from the turbine. In this way the Delphin performs comprehensive condition monitoring for the gas turbine across every value of interest utilizing not only vibration data but also process data such as bearing temperatures. The Expert Vibro system has its own internal data storage capability (32 GB/1 billion point memory), making it especially reliable for this application. The system memory can record raw time signals as well as frequency spectra and characteristic values (Peak-Peak, Gap).
Users then connected the Expert Vibro datalogger's LAN interface to a LAN port giving them the ability to access and evaluate measurement data from any authorized PC on the refinery's network. Analysis of online/offline measurement data is performed from a desktop PC thanks to the Delphin's Profisignal Vibro module, a vibration analysis software module which provides full signal processing.
This modular signal processing system offers users a range of preprocessing functions. Users can select signal filters such as high, low, or bandpass with rectifiers, integrators, differentiators or decimators to configure a preprocessing sequence. Multiple sequences are able to run in parallel in order to evaluate an input signal for maximum versatility.
Simultaneously, the Delphin system sends all the data online via the refinery's wired Ethernet network. This enables the generator's manufacturer to view all the data offsite, providing the refinery with more reliable fault detection and faster response times.
Turbine control is provided by the control room's PLC. In the event of a failure, the PLC will initiate a shutdown command. As soon as the turbine receives the signal to shut off, there's a critical window both before the triggering event and as the turbine slowly spins down. Whenever this event occurs, the Expert Vibro automatically buffers the data from the last 10 minutes in memory before the alarm occurred, so that users can then record that buffer to the system's non-volatile storage. In this way users can analyze the data in the Delphin software for effective turbine failure diagnostic purposes.
More on eTradeWire News
- EYLA supports Kultivate Labs, joins UNDISCOVERED SF today
- Taste of Manila to light up the summer festival season in Canada with Philippine flavors
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Freedom Motors partners with Alife Air to manufacture Rotapower engines for 2 wheelers
- Local Actor Lance E. Nichols Stars in Newly Released Arceneaux Series
The Delphin system functions as a subsystem of the PLC with access to all of its measurement and alarming data. The Expert Vibro also automatically sends users warnings and alarm conditions via their choice of text messages or emails.
The Expert Vibro DAQ system acts as the brain of this application as it measures, monitors and records the vibration and process data fully independent of a host PC. Other vibration monitoring systems require multiple pieces of equipment at a higher cost, but here a single system is providing real-time monitoring, local data storage, alarming, and analysis. This data may then be manually evaluated at regular intervals or used with the alarm management option for automated and direct warnings and alarms to the appropriate personnel. With Delphin, system installation and familiarization with ProfiSignal were both quickly accomplished so that users were soon logging and processing their data.
The intelligent data logger records even the smallest irregularity in the data so non-periodic signals can now be precisely analyzed for effective fault diagnostics. This gives users a look at real time conditions of the gas turbine, making the refinery's generator–and its power—much more reliable, significantly reducing expensive processing delays due to undiagnosed problems when a turbine fails. Prior to installation and the real-time data collection and buffering, it used to take days for engineers to diagnose a problem. This also avoids unnecessary damage to the generator over time.
For further information on the Delphin Expert Vibro DAQ System (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/product/expert-vi...), vibration monitoring, or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Data Logger Application Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or request more information (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/need-more-informa...).
- American Deposit Management Sued for Patent Infringement for $30 Million
- Alleged Mafioso hitman and Brighton Author anticipates prison release
- IBT of Miami plants trees to regenerate forest in Dominican Republic
- Multi Award-Winning Recording Artist and Living Legend Releases First Book
- Seven Time Grammy Winner Al Jarreau Receives Tribute Album
- Brand new Electrical Testing & Certification App "Pro Certs" hits the app stores
- Jason Lopez of DDO joins Jackson Agency
- Dragonflies Healing Salon and Spa To Celebrate Grand Opening
- BEST Foundation Launches Spotlight Project Supporting Youth Music Programs
- Senior housing database expands across Canada
- 2019 Women of Color STEM Category Winners announced
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- Tiger Fuel supports Chesapeake Bay conservation efforts at ten car wash locations
- It's a Publicity Palooza! AuthorYOU Mini-Extravaganza!
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria L Collier On Protecting Digital Assets
- Follow Alice, A Girl Determined To Protect Her Body, Her Future, and Her Heart in "Wasted Pretty"
- A Hurricane Unleashes A Monstrosity From The Past In "The Breach" by Author Edward J. McFadden III
- Sales, Discounts, and Rewards with Passfeed
- ExcelRT Builder 2.0 Allows Spreadsheet Author to Become App Developer