Popular on eTradeWire
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 185
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 142
- Mercury Retrograde Celebrated by Tristate Astrologers on International Astrology Day 2019 129
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu 129
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 120
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019
- Ahoy Mateys! Pirates with plates are on the horizon
- Subaru of Midland Odessa Partners With MASA, Will Donate 2019 Subaru Outback
Similar on eTradeWire
- Productiv, Inc. Rolls Out Template for Supply Chain Success
- Mexico Investment Casting Facility Announces Robotic Expansion
- New Carpet And Rug Protection – Karpetcryl® Sisal Stain Repellent – Launched By Fiber-shield Industries Inc
- BEC Technologies Announces Distribution Agreement with Ingram Micro
- New IEPE accelerometer offers ultra-high frequency response
- MECA Solutions' flexographic rolls are key to consistent printing
- New RFID-enabled User Authentication Solutions to be Introduced at ISC West 2019
- Packaging components are essential to success of larger machines
- BACnet Router Upgrade - New and Improved BACnet Router for only $255 during the month of April, 2019
- Kuecker Logistics Group, Belton, Missouri, Will Be Displaying at the ProMat 2019 Show at Chicago's McCormick Place
CAS DataLoggers has provided the vibration monitoring solution for a refinery relying on a gas turbine-driven generator to provide power for the facility. Continuous vibration monitoring is critical not only to protect against catastrophic failures but also for condition monitoring to allow users to schedule downtime for maintenance and avoid power interruptions which cause costly processing delays. The facility uses an older generator which has begun to develop vibrations in its shafts and bearings, which can lead to fatigue failures. Turbine failure could be due to bearing wear, damage to turbine blades or a number of other factors, so effective fault diagnosis requires analyzing data collected during critical windows surrounding the failure. Therefore technicians needed to setup condition monitoring of vibration signals of the engine's bearings and shafts during normal operation. Users also needed to acquire process data from the turbine including temperature, pressure, flow rates and RPM.
The refinery installed a Delphin Expert Vibro Data Acquisition and Control System (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/product/expert-vibro-ev-8-data-acquisition-system/) sourced from CAS DataLoggers into their control cabinet adjacent to the turbine. The system's compact design and screw terminal connections made installation easy.
The Expert Vibro's 8 synchronous analog inputs allow for direct connection for piezoelectric (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity) accelerometers and displacement sensors at sampling rates of up to 50kHz per channel. The system also features 4 analog outputs and 8 digital outputs for connection to controllers. Integrated comparators for Keyphasor® sensors and 4 digital inputs are also included to enable flexible triggering. All channels are galvanically isolated to prevent transverse distortions.
More on eTradeWire News
- Malaysia's Healthcare sector responding affirmatively to the 4.0 era with values-based approach
- UK's only single patient handling equipment maintenance and management provider announces dig
- Generation Glamp: The Rising Trend of Glamping in Australia
- Restore Datashred is now a compliant Service Level Provider PCI-DSS
- Wisconsin Annual Blues Harmonica Festival 2019!
The DAQ system's 24-Bit A/D converter ensures that measurements are taken with a high level of precision. The data logger is also equipped with a high-performance, dual-core FPGA processor based on ARM technology providing it with enormous reserves of power for online computations and analysis, including the ability to perform real-time FFT calculations. Meanwhile, the Expert Vibro's touchscreen display shows users configuration and measurement data.
The Delphin is connected to the control room's PLC to continuously acquire pressure vibrations as well as temperature, flow rate and RPM data from the turbine. In this way the Delphin performs comprehensive condition monitoring for the gas turbine across every value of interest utilizing not only vibration data but also process data such as bearing temperatures. The Expert Vibro system has its own internal data storage capability (32 GB/1 billion point memory), making it especially reliable for this application. The system memory can record raw time signals as well as frequency spectra and characteristic values (Peak-Peak, Gap).
Users then connected the Expert Vibro datalogger's LAN interface to a LAN port giving them the ability to access and evaluate measurement data from any authorized PC on the refinery's network. Analysis of online/offline measurement data is performed from a desktop PC thanks to the Delphin's Profisignal Vibro module, a vibration analysis software module which provides full signal processing.
This modular signal processing system offers users a range of preprocessing functions. Users can select signal filters such as high, low, or bandpass with rectifiers, integrators, differentiators or decimators to configure a preprocessing sequence. Multiple sequences are able to run in parallel in order to evaluate an input signal for maximum versatility.
Simultaneously, the Delphin system sends all the data online via the refinery's wired Ethernet network. This enables the generator's manufacturer to view all the data offsite, providing the refinery with more reliable fault detection and faster response times.
Turbine control is provided by the control room's PLC. In the event of a failure, the PLC will initiate a shutdown command. As soon as the turbine receives the signal to shut off, there's a critical window both before the triggering event and as the turbine slowly spins down. Whenever this event occurs, the Expert Vibro automatically buffers the data from the last 10 minutes in memory before the alarm occurred, so that users can then record that buffer to the system's non-volatile storage. In this way users can analyze the data in the Delphin software for effective turbine failure diagnostic purposes.
More on eTradeWire News
- Women's movement founded 11 decades ago gains strength while positioning itself in the social media era
- Ambulatory Accreditation Consultants Certified by LSBE
- little countdown app integrates with iOS Calendar
- The Tech Podcast You Should be Watching
- GAMESPARK™ Announces Subscription Service
The Delphin system functions as a subsystem of the PLC with access to all of its measurement and alarming data. The Expert Vibro also automatically sends users warnings and alarm conditions via their choice of text messages or emails.
The Expert Vibro DAQ system acts as the brain of this application as it measures, monitors and records the vibration and process data fully independent of a host PC. Other vibration monitoring systems require multiple pieces of equipment at a higher cost, but here a single system is providing real-time monitoring, local data storage, alarming, and analysis. This data may then be manually evaluated at regular intervals or used with the alarm management option for automated and direct warnings and alarms to the appropriate personnel. With Delphin, system installation and familiarization with ProfiSignal were both quickly accomplished so that users were soon logging and processing their data.
The intelligent data logger records even the smallest irregularity in the data so non-periodic signals can now be precisely analyzed for effective fault diagnostics. This gives users a look at real time conditions of the gas turbine, making the refinery's generator–and its power—much more reliable, significantly reducing expensive processing delays due to undiagnosed problems when a turbine fails. Prior to installation and the real-time data collection and buffering, it used to take days for engineers to diagnose a problem. This also avoids unnecessary damage to the generator over time.
For further information on the Delphin Expert Vibro DAQ System (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/product/expert-vib...), vibration monitoring, or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Data Logger Application Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or request more information (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/need-more-informat...).
- Empowered Speaker Event – Public Speaker Training in Hutchinson Island, Florida
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida collects 12 ADDY awards for outstanding print, digital campaigns
- Campus Safety HQ Online Training and Resource Center for Campus Safety Professionals is now FREE
- Kiss Goodbye To Ms Raises Awareness And Vital Resources To Help Find A Cure For Multiple Sclerosis
- Figural oil painting by James McNeill Whistler will be in Woodshed Art Auctions' April 4th auction
- Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission is Excited to Announce its First Annual Conference
- Robert "Kool" Bell Will Discuss Renewable Energy At Delaware State U
- Daughter of WWII survivors tells family story of triumph over tragedy at Regal Palms Senior Living Residence in Largo, FL
- PMTI announces virtual PMP® Training Course - April 1 to 4
- MMI Charlotte Joins Forces with Roc solid Foundation to "Play It Forward"
- Find Out If It's Possible To Bring Order From Chaos and Personal Tragedy In "Beleaguered Truth"
- Productiv, Inc. Rolls Out Template for Supply Chain Success
- David McCaskill Joins Halff as Director of Landscape Architecture
- Brooke Woods New Single To Country Radio
- Go Behind The Scenes In The New Audiobook "Yes, Ma'am!: Running the Thin Blue Line - A Cop's Memoir"
- Radio Host Neil Henry's Safe Money Book
- Victoria Miningham Brings Classical Music to Millennials with Victoria Opera House
- A Brand New Release: "Mystical Fairies" Written And Illustrated By Judy Mastrangelo
- Childhood Baseball Dreams Are Chased In New Audiobook "The Sons of Chester" Now Available Worldwide
- MedShadow Foundation Announces New Website Launch