Popular on eTradeWire
- The Kawagoe Tobu Hotel Celebrates its 6-Month Anniversary on December 29, 2020 - 511
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 508
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 426
- Weinberg Center Presents Virtual Concert - Jeff Daniels Alive and Well Enough - 289
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 227
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 199
- Unique one of a kind music project! Hear how Lithuanian language sounds like combined with French - 193
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 182
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 155
- Merger of Two Prominent General Contractors in DFW - 133
Similar on eTradeWire
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Mississippi Valley State University
- New Jersey hospital replaces in-room televisions with bedside tablets
- ARCH Global Precision Acquires LISI Medical Jeropa, Inc
- Florida Skin Center Launches Online Scheduling and Text Messaging for Patients
- Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies Launches EMDR Basic Training Continuing Education Program for Mental Health Clinicians
- Wellesley Dermatologists, Premier Dermatology, Offer Helpful Information about Hair Restoration
- Pediatric Neurologist Nelson Sanchez, MD Joins First Choice Neurology
- MedAware Systems launches Comprehensive Structural Heart Device Surveillance for Reported Events
- Spine Care Technologies Inc Announces Engagement of Merchant Banking Firm Aleutian Capital Partners
- Darren Green, GSK, conference chair invites you to attend AI in Drug Discovery Virtual Conference
"Family gatherings during Thanksgiving and holidays are a good time to watch your parents and see if they are having issues with their appearance, energy level and ability to remember past and current events," said Bonnie Laiderman, CEO of Veterans Home Care, a firm that has helped more than 18,000 veterans or their surviving spouses receive access to VA benefits for at home care.
"A quick tour around the parent's house will reveal clues your mom or dad may be struggling with personal hygiene and safety issues."
Warning signs can include a messy home, unpaid bills and unopened mail, outdated food in the refrigerator, uncleaned bathrooms, and cluttered floors creating potential safety hazards. Any can indicate the need to contact a home agency consultant.
More on eTradeWire News
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- Andrew Winnett Named Contributing Author for ThinkAdvisor
- JackieBoy Entertainment and Comic Republic Global Network form partnership to launch new division of
- Mike Kaminski Named Contributing Author for ThinkAdvisor
- Northwestern Mutual-Chicago Wealth Management Advisor Honored for Philanthropic Service
Laiderman added that the cost for home care need not be expensive. "For veterans who have served in World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam or the Gulf War, there is a little known VA benefit to help cover medical and custodial care costs."
The VA benefit is a pension paid to veterans (or their surviving spouses) with an additional amount called "Aid and Attendance (https://veteranshomecare.com/aid-and-attendance)" to assist those who are disabled and need help to live safely at home. The benefit can cover medical and custodial care costs up to $1,911 per month for a single veteran and up to $2,266 for a married veteran.
Included are help with transportation, meal preparation, medication reminders, light housekeeping and personal care such as bathing, dressing and using the bathroom.
Another solution for anyone regardless of military status is the latest medical alert system, a video screen smart-home system offered by VHC in partnership with SmartCompanion, VHC's Companion Series, is customized and pre-programmed for each individual. It includes a hands-free, voice-activated Echo Show device that enables anonymous phone calls or video chats with built-in security.
More on eTradeWire News
- Al Martinez Named Contributing Author for ThinkAdvisor
- Junior Achievement names Deborah Petrine to region's 30th annual Business Hall of Fame
- Southern Ocean Chamber & SBA Present Live Stream Work Shop on January 22
- Stitches On The Path To Here By Ingrid Restemayer
- Regional Mexican stars Calibre 50 release compilation album "Las Numero 1 de Calibre 50"
For eligibility requirements visit www.VeteransHomeCare.com or call toll free 888-314-6075.
ABOUT VETERANS HOME CARE
Veterans Home Care, a woman-owned business headquartered in St. Louis, was founded in 2003 by Bonnie Laiderman to help wartime veterans and their surviving spouses who qualify, apply for a non-service related disability pension from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which pays for assistance with activities of daily living in their homes. VHC's VetAssist® Program utilizes a network of more than 3,800 home care agencies to provide home care, matches them with caregivers and follows up to assure that the veteran or spouse remains in compliance with VA guidelines to continue receiving the pension. Veterans Home Care is not a government agency and is not affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Visit https://veteranshomecare.com
- How can your business benefit from a non-compete, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation agreement
- SWFL seniors receive Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine at Gulf Coast Village
- Dollyhood Records Signs Distribution Deal With Sony!
- La Maquinaria Norteña releases 'Deluxe' edition of "En Las Buenas y En Las Malas"
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida expands E-Learning Hub to include full K-12 curriculum and more
- "Problems: a paradigm shift in Lean organizations" video now available
- Elite Jets Charters promotes Gustavo Botura to director of client services
- CPT Network Solutions launches CPT Voice
- 2021 ITAD Benchmarking Report shows 27.4% increase in average values for retired IT assets
- dataTaker and CAS Announce Fixes for Discontinuation of Adobe Flash
- Popular Book Details Real Estate's Secret Sauce for Selling Homes for More, in Any Economy
- West Coast Recording Artist, Composer and Actor, Blue Ragg$ Releases New Music & Theatrical Video
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Intellectual Property Expert Edward Livingston & Expands to Sarasota
- GRIFFIN Solutions Group Announces New CEO
- Available- 2016 Grey BMW 3 Series for Sale!
- Swaggerty's Receives Highest Possible Grade from BRC Food Safety Auditors for 8th Consecutive Year
- Why Indoor Air Quality Monitoring is becoming Critical in 2021
- 2016 Nissan Rogue for Sale in Toronto!
- Agile20Reflect Festival event submission deadline extended to 27th of January
- Be an Example, Get the Covid Shot