Popular on eTradeWire
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 1790
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 1714
- Viva Tequila Festival Mexico Experience Tour Honored at Taste Awards in the Outstanding Culinary & Travel Experience Category - 1380
- How do I get Access to My Jetblue Travel Savings Account - 1275
- Australians Desperate To Get Back To The Great Outdoors - 1185
- Travel Job Vacancies Double In March - 1025
- State of Yucatán Continues to Position Itself as a Leading Destination for Meetings, Conventions, Inc - 1015
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing - 952
- Forces Car Hire adds Cruise Deals and Worldwide Holidays to its One Stop Travel Portfolio - 761
- "Exploring Our National Parks, Volume 1" by Michael Finney Released on Audible and Amazon - 611
Similar on eTradeWire
- Haddonfield Living Magazine Features Owners of Boutique Real Estate Agency in May 2021 Edition
- Industrial Steam has completed the install of a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Talk+Tell Is a One-Stop Shop for the Self-Published Author
- InfinityQS Survey Reveals More Than Half of Automotive Manufacturers Still Reliant on Spreadsheets
- Automation Devices Offers Efficient, Affordable Vibratory Feeding Solutions
- Lineway UK launches to deliver world-class service and convenience for the road marking industry
- Venice Will Reveal Its Darkest Depths In The Second Installment Of The Beth Getty Mystery Series
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- CIMdata Publishes eBook: "PLM Upgrade Study"
- Pop-culture historian and author Garry Berman moves to the Lehigh Valley
Enhanced nip point safety is a characteristic of vacuum rolls that is often obscured by the more obvious advantages these high-performance assets deliver. Nip points are one of the most dangerous areas for potential worker injury in a web handling operation, so everything possible to properly guard or eliminate them is paramount to designers and operators.
MECA vacuum rolls provide nip point safety by eliminating the pinch point created by two adjacent rolls traditionally used to pull a web through a process. This is done by using an internal vacuum to hold tension, acting as a pull roll, and therefore effectively replacing an s-wrap or nip point.
An added benefit of vacuum rolls is they are also less likely to generate wrinkles due to roll misalignment. Nip points are notorious for their tendency to pinch or otherwise damage the web. Any misalignment of the web creates a risk, as nip points are unforgiving, especially with sensitive webs and high speeds.
More on eTradeWire News
- Exeter Orthodontics in Harrisburg Accepting New Patients
- Art And Soul Restaurant Debuts Following Design And Culinary Evolution
- Maximize the Functionality of your Kitchen
- Traffic to Medicare Supplement Insurance Association's Online Directory Grows
- Helping Students find Inner Strength for Outer Stability
MECA is a comprehensive manufacturer of high precision coating rollers and other premium rolls for the printing and web handling industries, and is a leader in the design and manufacture of vacuum rolls for processes that require precise control of web tension, especially for delicate materials.
While MECA vacuum rolls provide nip point safety, they are also ideal for coating applications because they provide tension control while limiting contact to one side of the web. They enable operators to dial in precise tension control while preventing the coated side of the web from touching another surface until it dries.
Nip point safety shines during thread-up procedures and e-stops
Vacuum rolls are also easier to thread because the potential for problems are minimized with a single roll in play. Multi-roll configurations that feature nip points demand strict attention to worker safety and are much more difficult to thread up.
Pre-programmed processes often open nip points when the web stops, which creates a safety concern and causes a loss in tension control. Vacuum rolls are able to maintain tension control even in a stop position, contributing another advantage regarding nip point safety.
More on eTradeWire News
- Matcha Design at 2021 Communicators Awards. Oklahoma Marketing Agency competes with industry giants
- St. Louis' Largest Free Business Networking Event "Network-A-Thon" Coming Virtually on May 19
- Legendary Broadway Star Carole Demas is Celebrating 81 & Thanking Her Fans!
- Meals On Wheels of Tampa Expanding Service Into Riverview and Gibsonton
- Black Diamond PR & Sport Management Firm Announces Representation of Running Back, Shannon Warren
For more information about MECA's design and manufacturing capabilities, please call (920) 336-7382, or visit https://www.mecagb.com/.
MECA is a premier manufacturer of precision rolls for the printing and web handling industries. MECA specializes in flexographic print sleeves, heat transfer rolls, carry rolls, mandrels, coating rolls and vacuum rolls. As part of the Precision Roll Solutions family, MECA helps the world's leading manufacturers leverage texture and other process variables to make their products more effective and enhance their impact in the marketplace.
View the original post on nip point safety here.
- Tampa office park in the I-75 Corridor sells for $11.39 million
- Good, Better, Best: Evaluating e-Commerce Analytics Tools
- Ormond Outpost/Level 10 Motorsports Relocates
- New from Down & Out Books: ROUGHHOUSE by Jeffery Hess
- 2015 BMW 3 Series For Sale in Toronto
- Alliance Technologies LLC. Names John Unger Vice-President of Data Services
- All You Need to Know About Heated Floors
- GREAT DEAL on a GTA Used Nissan Rogue at Good Fellows
- HD PHYSICAL THERAPY Wakefield Celebrates 9 Year Milestone
- Vermont Author Eva Robinson Releases New Psychological Thriller – Influenced
- Registration Now Available for Open Apereo 2021!
- When people want the apartments to live in then these are things that are essential
- Addgene Announces Departure of Executive Director
- ShearShare Cofounder Inducted Into Texas Military Institute Hall of Fame
- Trending Jewelry Gifts for Mother's Day 2021
- Community First Awards $7,500 in Scholarships to USLA Champions Merit Scholarships
- Tickets Now Available for Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel Exhibition
- Help Me Grow – Long Island Rises to COVID Challenge: Doubles Number of At-risk Infants, Toddlers, Families Aided in 2020
- Celebrating Nat'l Farmworker Women's Health Week
- Jacksonville Authors Win Multiple Book Awards with "Never Forget Who You Are" a Powerful Perspective into Systemic Racism