Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5428
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 162
- Local quality of life services agency director, Dr. Anthony M. McCrovitz, invited as keynote speaker for Rehabilitation Forum in Saudi Arabia 141
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 107
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
- Breckenridge Worship Releasing Debut Single
Similar on eTradeWire
- Acumentrics, Inc. to Demonstrate Autonomous Power for Critical Missions During SOFIC 2019
- asys Joins RTM Engineering Consultants
- RTM Engineering Consultants Announces New Acquisition
- Partner's Elizabeth Krol Wins 2019 PRISM Award
- Maapera Analytics Awarded Product Demonstration Program
- ACEC/MA names Jessica Wala of Nitsch Engineering as a Young Professional Award Winner
- Chanchai Hocharoen, PE Returns to GAI Consultants
- New high sensitivity, gas damped shock accelerometer
- Florida's Largest Solar Company Advanced Green Technologies Acquires MSC Electric
- Physik Instrumente to host free precision automation conference
Tyrone Taborn, CEO of Career Communications Group (CCG) stressed the survey aims to look beyond recruitment relationships.
"The Top Supporters of HBCU Engineering list is about employers that are helping to build America's diverse science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) pipeline," Taborn said.
Taborn also said the survey's methodology over 17 years has simply been to ask HBCU engineering deans which employers give the most support. The deans vote up their supporters, and members of the non-profit Advancing Minorities' Interest in Engineering (AMIE) are also able to vote. "We then combine those votes to come up with the list," he said.
'Attract, educate, graduate, and place minorities in engineering.'
Veronica Nelson, executive director of AMIE, said the 15 ABET-accredited HBCU schools produce 30 percent of black engineering bachelor's degree graduates annually.
HBCUs with Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology(ABET) designation include: Alabama A&M University College of Engineering, Florida A&M University – Florida State University College of Engineering, Hampton University School of Engineering & Technology, Howard University College of Engineering, Architecture and Computer Sciences, Jackson State University College of Science, Engineering and Technology, Morgan State University Clarence M. Mitchell, Jr. School of Engineering, North Carolina A&T University College of Engineering, Norfolk State University College of Science, Engineering, and Technology, Prairie View A&M University Department of Engineering Technology, Southern University and A&M College Department of Electrical Engineering, Tennessee State University's College of Engineering, Tuskegee University College of Engineering, University of the District of Columbia School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of Maryland Eastern Shore Department of Engineering and Aviation Sciences, and Virginia State University School of Engineering, Science and Technology.
More on eTradeWire News
- Week 8 Results In Some Upsets as All City Classic 302 Heads Into Play-offs
- Seasoned Senior Living Industry Nurse Appointed Regional Director of Resident Care for Benchmark
- Join Trilogy Health's Exclusive Event with Bachelor Winner "Sarah Brice" Season 7
- Creative Peptides to Reorganize Diabetes-related Peptides for the Science Community
- LayUps2StandUp and Russell Westbrook Present : Why Not?? Pop -Up (Tulsa)
"Our corporate and academic partnerships include scholarships, student internships, co-ops, and full-time job opportunities," Nelson said. "They also include exchange programs between engineers and faculty, student projects, student professional development, design competitions, research collaborations, corporate advisors matching college curricula with emerging technologies," she said.
The following companies are this year's top supporters of the 15 ABET-accredited HBCU's in the fields of Industry and Government/Non-Profits.
1. Lockheed Martin Corporation
2. The Boeing Company
3. Northrop Grumman Corporation
4. IBM Corporation
5. Boston Scientific
6. Raytheon Company
7. Abbott Laboratories
8. The MITRE Corporation
9. General Motors
10. Intel Corporation
1. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
2. National Security Agency (NSA)
3. U.S. Department of Energy
4. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
5. Air Force Research Labs (ARFL)
6. Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
7. National Science Foundation (NSF)
8. U.S. Department of Education
9. Sandia National Laboratories
10. U.S. Department of Defense
Aerojet Rocketdyne, Inc.
Altria Group, Inc.
Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
Dell Technologies Inc.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
Dominion Energy, Inc.
Fifth Third Bank
Ford Motor Company
General Dynamics Corporations
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Morningbird Media Corporation
Procter & Gamble Company
Rolls-Royce Motors Cars Limited
Shell International Limited
Southwest Airlines Co.
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
Space Exploration Technologies Corp.
Texas Instruments Incorporated
More on eTradeWire News
- RadixBay Launches Rural Shore Testing Center of Excellence to Meet Growing Demand for Services
- Ebola Outbreak Map trademark and website Ebola Outbreak Map .Com for sale
- 500th Goddard School Celebrated In Franchise's Home Market Of Philadelphia
- CORE® Foods To Showcase New CORE® Bars At Sweets And Snacks Expo
- Gardener's Art Fest at The Growing Place Garden Center
United Launch Alliance, LLC
Advancing Minorities Interest in Engineering (AMIE)
Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State University
Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics & Technology)
Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, LLC (JHU/APL)
National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Army Futures Command
U.S. Department of Transportation
You can also visit us HERE
(https://intouch.ccgmag.com/mpage/2019TopSupporters) to view the complete list of the 2019 Top Supporters of the HBCU engineering schools.
About US Black Engineer & Information Technology Magazine
US Black Engineer and Information Technology magazine is published by Career Communications Group, Inc. (CCG). CCG is dedicated to celebrating diversity and promoting equal opportunity for minorities and women in the fields of engineering, science, and information technology.
About Advancing Minorities' Interest in Engineering (AMIE)
AMIE develops industry, government and university partnerships to achieve diversity in the engineering workforce. AMIE's coalition provides a holistic opportunity to influence and access talent, educators, and businesses in promoting minority student pursuit of engineering and achieving greater diversity in the engineering workforce.
Career Communications Group, Inc.
- Fusion Technology Solutions to Give Free Cybersecurity Lunch Seminar
- NAWBO to honor its members, community members at June 12 Gala
- New Solutions On Where To Buy CBD Oil & Hemp Products In The South Bend, Indiana, Michiana Area
- A Silicon Valley Foam Cutting Services Company Is Offering Fabrication of Oversized Foam Letters
- Passfeed takes a bite out of the big apple
- Enzo Unified Data Technology Platform Announces 2.0 Preview
- New U.S. Diabetes Care Located In Morristown Tennessee Servicing All TN Areas Like Knoxville
- Alterra, A New Home Community by Lennar, is Coming Soon to Maricopa!
- UrbanBound launches Freeway, a breakthrough relocation product that merges cost control with freedom
- Solar FlexRack is Exhibiting at Solar Power Southeast in Atlanta
- Crypto Enthusiasts Launch New Podcast "crypto Campfire"
- Codie Prevost Announces US Tour!
- Candlewyck Cove Resort won the 2019 RedBud Award for Outstanding Resort and Lodging Property
- Grants Management Systems, Inc. Announces Ken Pearson to Speak at GMS RLSS Summit
- Sudeep and Namrata Dewan Bring Home Helpers to North Eastern Atlanta Region
- Former Fire Department Lieutenant Launches Home Helpers Home Care Franchise in Northwest Baltimore
- Brooke Moriber's Latest Single "Steal the Thunder" Champions Courage in the Midst of Pain
- Jason's Deli honors community heroes on Memorial Day with dine-in special
- Pierson Venture LLC Expands Company Portfolio By Starting PiersonPR
- WORLD SERIES OF FIGHTING announces the official grappling teams for "WSOF-Submission 1" on June 15th, 2019 at Sam's Town Live