Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 218
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 209
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 180
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 139
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 130
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 124
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 121
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 109
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Pulseroller - Global Motor Roller Technologies
- Tim Glasow joins Telgian Engineering & Consulting as Executive Vice President Marketing & Business
- New IEPE accelerometer offers ultra-high frequency response
- New RFID-enabled User Authentication Solutions to be Introduced at ISC West 2019
- STW Expands Solution Portfolio With Body Control Systems
- New Principal Joins RTM Engineering Consultants
- World of Speed Celebrates Mario Andretti, the Most Successful American Race Car Driver of All Time
- United Surveyors of Arizona Announces Event with Boy Scouts of America
- Hear Directly from OFAC, Treasury and State at ACI's Flagship Conference on Economic Sanctions (May 2-3 in Washington, DC)
Tyrone Taborn, CEO of Career Communications Group (CCG) stressed the survey aims to look beyond recruitment relationships.
"The Top Supporters of HBCU Engineering list is about employers that are helping to build America's diverse science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) pipeline," Taborn said.
Taborn also said the survey's methodology over 17 years has simply been to ask HBCU engineering deans which employers give the most support. The deans vote up their supporters, and members of the non-profit Advancing Minorities' Interest in Engineering (AMIE) are also able to vote. "We then combine those votes to come up with the list," he said.
'Attract, educate, graduate, and place minorities in engineering.'
Veronica Nelson, executive director of AMIE, said the 15 ABET-accredited HBCU schools produce 30 percent of black engineering bachelor's degree graduates annually.
HBCUs with Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology(ABET) designation include: Alabama A&M University College of Engineering, Florida A&M University – Florida State University College of Engineering, Hampton University School of Engineering & Technology, Howard University College of Engineering, Architecture and Computer Sciences, Jackson State University College of Science, Engineering and Technology, Morgan State University Clarence M. Mitchell, Jr. School of Engineering, North Carolina A&T University College of Engineering, Norfolk State University College of Science, Engineering, and Technology, Prairie View A&M University Department of Engineering Technology, Southern University and A&M College Department of Electrical Engineering, Tennessee State University's College of Engineering, Tuskegee University College of Engineering, University of the District of Columbia School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of Maryland Eastern Shore Department of Engineering and Aviation Sciences, and Virginia State University School of Engineering, Science and Technology.
More on eTradeWire News
- Andrew Jones Auctions will hold back-to-back auctions, April 6th and 7th, in downtown Los Angeles
- infinimesh announces the go-live of a new type of IoT platform: fully Open Source, low code and highly scalable. All whilst being extremely secure
- Acute Pain Therapies Nominated for Eastside Business Awards
- Jesse Carmichael To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday March 27th, 2019
- Lola.com Flying High with New VP of Engineering
"Our corporate and academic partnerships include scholarships, student internships, co-ops, and full-time job opportunities," Nelson said. "They also include exchange programs between engineers and faculty, student projects, student professional development, design competitions, research collaborations, corporate advisors matching college curricula with emerging technologies," she said.
The following companies are this year's top supporters of the 15 ABET-accredited HBCU's in the fields of Industry and Government/Non-Profits.
1. Lockheed Martin Corporation
2. The Boeing Company
3. Northrop Grumman Corporation
4. IBM Corporation
5. Boston Scientific
6. Raytheon Company
7. Abbott Laboratories
8. The MITRE Corporation
9. General Motors
10. Intel Corporation
1. (NASA) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
2. (NSA) National Security Agency
3. U.S. Department of Energy
4. (USACE) U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
5. (ARFL) Air Force Research Labs
6. (NAVSEA) Naval Sea Systems Command
7. (NSF) National Science Foundation
8. U.S. Department of Education
9. Sandia National Laboratories
10. U.S. Department of Defense
Aerojet Rocketdyne, Inc.
Altria Group, Inc.
Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
Dell Technologies Inc.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
Dominion Energy, Inc.
Fifth Third Bank
Ford Motor Company
General Dynamics Corporations
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Morningbird Media Corporation
Procter & Gamble Company
Rolls-Royce Motors Cars Limited
Shell International Limited
Southwest Airlines Co.
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
Space Exploration Technologies Corp.
Texas Instruments Incorporated
More on eTradeWire News
- First Choice Announces DBE Certification
- WILD TONIC® Partners with Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. to Share Innovative Ferments with Chicago
- Local Company Concerned for Peoples Security after Facebook Password breach
- Truth from the lips of struggle
- Bark Avenue Foundation Receives Grant From Petsmart Charities® To Help Keep People And Pets Together
United Launch Alliance, LLC
Advancing Minorities Interest in Engineering (AMIE)
Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State University
Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, LLC (JHU/APL)
National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC)
U.S. Army Futures Command
U.S. Army Research Laboratory
U.S. Department of Transportation
You can also visit us HERE
(https://intouch.ccgmag.com/mpage/2019TopSupporters) to view the complete list of the 2019 Top Supporters of the HBCU engineering schools.
About US Black Engineer & Information Technology Magazine
US Black Engineer and Information Technology magazine is published by Career Communications Group, Inc. (CCG). CCG is dedicated to celebrating diversity and promoting equal opportunity for minorities and women in the fields of engineering, science, and information technology.
About Advancing Minorities' Interest in Engineering (AMIE)
AMIE develops industry, government and university partnerships to achieve diversity in the engineering workforce. AMIE's coalition provides a holistic opportunity to influence and access talent, educators, and businesses in promoting minority student pursuit of engineering and achieving greater diversity in the engineering workforce.
Career Communications Group, Inc.
- Homestake Capital receives 5 FAME Awards
- Jazz Guitarist Fareed Haque to Tour Several Cities
- United Premier Soccer League Announces South Florida Expansion with Atletico Miami Club de Futbol
- Quassy Opens For 111th Season April 27
- Findability Sciences extends its AI reach with an investment in work heuristics platform WorkDone
- Convey Launches Channel Partner Program for Web Portal Solutions
- 45th Conejo Valley Home Remodeling Show Coming To Westlake Village April 13 & 14
- Harold Mintz Joins the Classic Exhibits Family
- Northern Los Angeles Marketing Firm Making Waves in 2019
- Keller Williams Realty Select Announces KWRS International Real Estate Group
- Announcing GraviTsheets WordPress Plugin
- Carpet Cleaning near you from CJ Frank Carpet Cleaning
- Certified Tax Professional, Jon Neal, Hits Amazon Best-Seller List with Keep It!
- Rachel and Javier Garcia, PURE IBOs, are living their dream and helping others do the same
- Imagination Park Partners with Microsoft to Deliver Augmented Reality to Businesses of all Sizes
- Roomganize Releases a Top-of-the Line Sunglasses Organizer Just Ahead of Summer
- Boys & Girls Club receives Health Champion Award
- Carol Allen, PURE IBO, leads with purpose, heart and vision
- Sober Caddy Moves Offices to Lakewood
- SoftNAS® Vulnerability Disclosed by Digital Defense, Inc. Researchers