Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5442
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 167
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 119
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 112
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 110
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
Similar on eTradeWire
- Oviedo Real Estate Agent: Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Ironside Human Resources - Continues to Grow
- Is Your Workplace Toxic? Discover What You Can Do About It
- LMS50 Announces New Online Employee Training Courses
- Perceptum Launches Upgraded Website and New Services Offerings for 21st Century Professionals
- AccuSource Announces Strategic Partnership with BountyJobs
- Peak Performance Group aims to change the employee benefits landscape with "Benefit Hacke
- HR Exchange Network announces 2nd edition of HR Tech Online Summit North America
- SwipeClock's ApplicantStack Recruit Wins Stevie Award
1. Summer Fridays
2. Workplace flexibility
3. Summer dress codes
4. Employer-sponsored summer events
5. Novel summer perks (e.g., unlimited time off, vacation reimbursements, paid sabbaticals, bonuses, etc.)
Besides cash, paid time off is always one of the most coveted perks an employer can offer," says Jessica Webb-Ayer, JD, Legal Editor, XpertHR. "Paid vacation, especially over the summer, can help employees prevent burnout and recharge their batteries. Since many workers aren't taking enough vacation, employers need to encourage employees to plan and take annual leave."
More on eTradeWire News
- SOM Talk Live Invades The 2019 BET Experience in Los Angeles, California!
- Minimal Inhibitory Concentration Kit-For Gram Negative Rods
- The Impact Factor Movie Kickstarter Launch
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Greg Kearney
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Mark Steele
"Summer Fridays" – half-day Fridays or Fridays off -- has been a long-time staple for companies to show how much they value their employees. Nowadays, employers aren't just limited to Fridays. Some companies allow employees to take days off at various times throughout the summer or may give spontaneous days off.
In the last several years, workplace flexibility has emerged as another employee benefit of choice. Interest in workplace flexibility can increase during the summer when employees want to spend more time with their families, participate in summer activities and achieve work-life balance. Summer is a good time for companies to offer flexible schedules, reduced schedules, telecommuting and compressed workweeks.
A special summer dress code policy is another inexpensive way to improve employee morale and make employees feel more comfortable when the warmer weather hits. While the attire for "dress down days" is left to the employee's personal discretion, they should avoid casual clothing not suitable for the workplace, such as flip-flops, beachwear, and excessively revealing attire.
More on eTradeWire News
- Heterotaxy Connection Seeking Conference Sponsors
- Toll Brothers starts VIP list for its new community to be built at the Aurora Reservoir
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
- A Children's Book Where The Baby Farts Bubbles!
- New Release: Foundations of the Faith - Paperback edition
Summer events are another way employers can improve employee engagement, show appreciation and bring teams closer together.
"Traditionally, employer-sponsored summer events tend to be picnics, barbeques and sporting events," says Webb-Ayer. "It's okay to think outside the box and offer more creative social events, such as employee getaways, ice cream socials or a trip to a ropes course."
Companies that wish to offer more creative summer perks can also consider unlimited time off, reimbursement for vacations or vacation bonuses, travel stipends, paid sabbaticals, and bonuses/gifts, such as Visa gift cards.
XpertHR (http://www.xperthr.com) helps build successful workforces by providing practical tools, expert
resources and agile HR solutions from the federal, state and municipal level to help businesses stay a step ahead.
Editor's note: Jessica Webb-Ayer, JD, Legal Editor, XpertHR is available for interview and to supply an article.
- Chris Evans, Josh Brolin, Zoe Saldana, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Lee Pace & Taron Egerton Headline
- Murder, Clairvoyance, and Paranormal Activities Galore In "No Rest for The Wicked"
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q1 2019
- FDA Compliant Blood Storage and Preservation
- 5.8 Million Canadians Watched The Raptors-76ers Game 7, Breaking Viewership and Betting Records
- Cavallo Hoof Boots Q&A: How can I keep my horse safe while trailering?
- Miller & Miller's June 7-8 auction will feature collector-grade art, clocks, lamps, art glass, pens
- Eighth Annual GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY Celebration
- Top 5 Reasons to Sip BN Labs Organic Greens Daily
- Wow! Luxury Panama City Beach Realtor Promotes Homes To Ensure YOU Get The Money You Deserve!
- For The Love Of Knives: Premium Knives and Blades for Hunting, Camping, and More
- df|MG releases SYFI 2 and Planet Earth Cinematic Sound Effect Libraries
- Coffee, Kittens, and Smiles Fort Lauderdale's Only Pop Up Cat Café!
- NCSC, NBIB, Industry Insiders Interpret the Latest Policies & Impart Best Practices & Strategic Insights at ACI's 2nd National Summit on Classified
- American Rapper and Hip-Hop Recording Artist Heartless @Heartless412
- What makes ethnic rhinoplasty so challenging?
- Passfeed Cashes In On Etfs And Mutual Funds
- Carrier Outlet: Premium Baby Carriers and Accessories for Happy Parents and Babies!
- Elegant Dog Emporium: Premium Dog Apparel, Accessories, and Supplies
- Garden Guru Co: Enhance the Appearance of Your Garden with Lovely Decorative Pieces