Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 216
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 201
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 179
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 122
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 121
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 120
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 106
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 101
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- No Joke Mixed Martial Arts announces 15th annual Summer Camp
- New York Yankees Breaking News Yanks Take Two
- Yankees Pound The Red Sox 14 to 1
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Georgia Expansion with Forest Rovers FC
- Western Kentucky Trailblazers Win Undisputed National Championship
- Unprecedented Wagers Expected to be Placed during Popular Video Game League of Legends Spring Finals
- New Boating Video: Safety Tips for Paddle Sports
- New Northern California Paddle Event on Upper Sacramento River Attracts Diverse Group of Paddlers
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Utah Expansion with African Stars FC
Based in Ellis County (Tex.), Storm FC will begin UPSL play in the Central Conference North Division, and is finalizing its venue options in compliance with UPSL's Minimum Standards.
United Premier Soccer League Central Conference Manager Matt Kahla said, "We are very excited to welcome Antony Penna and Storm FC to the UPSL. Kernow Storm FC has run a successful youth club for more than a decade and Penna and Co. are ready to take the next step. A true soccer powerhouse in the South Dallas area, Storm FC is going to do well in the UPSL's Central Conference and we look forward to seeing the club on the pitch soon."
Antony Penna, 42, is Director of Soccer Operations and Technical Director of Storm FC. A native of Cornwall, England, Penna began Storm FC in England and relocated the club across continents to begin operating as a youth academy that now features multiple boys and girls youth teams playing elite, competitive and recreational level soccer throughout the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area.
Storm FC Director of Soccer Operations Antony Penna said, "Our youth club covers the I-20 corridor from the Ft. Worth/Arlington area to Dallas and south of the metro. Joining the UPSL will create a pathway to professional soccer for all players who graduate our club program or that return from college. This will give them somewhere they can play locally and give them a chance to further their soccer development and national exposure. It's going to be great for us to be a part of UPSL, a national league."
More on eTradeWire News
- NAWBO Phoenix to present point/counter point program about legislating women on corporate boards
- The Best of the Bay Area: Anti-Aging Specialist, Richard Haxton, Has Changed the Face of Aging
- Acora wins new business software project with OATS Ltd
- IRS deadline approaching for small, non-profit organizations
- The New Jersey State Children's Chorus (NJSCC) presents "Songs of the Earth"
Storm FC men's amateur teams have participated in the Arlington (Tex.) Adult Soccer League, and Penna is planning the UPSL side in coordination with the return of several former Storm FC youth players from current collegiate commitments.
"There have been several clubs around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area that have been a apart of other leagues and that's not for us," Penna said. "We needed something for the returning college players as well as the players that are still in the area wanting to continue their soccer playing career and further develop from the club soccer experiences. That's why we're looking to be an integral part of the UPSL. This will give us the platform for those kids and our coaches to get to the next level."
Hector Ponce will serve as Head Coach. Ponce, 24, is a former Kernow Storm FC youth player and has transitioned from player to coach after his time on the field. Involved as a youth coach with the club's premier youth academy, City FC, Ponce has also coached in the North Texas Olympic Development Program and the University of North Texas Men's Club.
Storm FC Head Coach Hector Ponce said, "To climb the ranks within your childhood club and become a part of its push for the future is a great joy. Storm FC is in my blood, and hopefully I can repay the faith the club has in me by shaping a successful program."
A graduate of University of North Texas ('18) with a BS in Kinesiology, Ponce is currently pursuing a USSF 'C' Coaching License.
Storm FC soon will announce tryouts and its upcoming UPSL game schedule.
About Storm FC
Storm FC is an American Soccer club currently based in Red Oak, Tex., and a new member of the United Premier Soccer League. Storm FC will play in the UPSL's Central Conference.
More on eTradeWire News
- Stoopjuice.com Increased Website Traffic By 3,178% In 12 Weeks
- Gulf Coast Village celebrates 30 years of serving seniors in Southwest Florida by expanding services
- YieldBuilder – An Organic Growing Alternative
- Revolution Ventures Illinois Acquires Medical Cannabis Dispensary
- Current National School Public Relations Association Member Releases Travel Memoir
Founded in 2004, Storm FC can participate in the qualifying rounds for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup through their affiliation and membership with the UPSL, the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA).
United Premier Soccer League
The UPSL was formed in 2011 and currently includes more than 300 teams in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. UPSL is the fastest growing Pro Development League in the USA, with 400-plus teams targeted for 2019 Fall Season. Each UPSL team is individually owned and operated, and is responsible for maintaining either UPSL Pro Premier Division or Championship Division minimum standards.
UPSL teams are all eligible to participate in the U.S. Open Cup Qualifying Rounds through the leagues affiliation with the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA).
More information about UPSL can be found at www.upslsoccer.com or by following the league on Facebook (www.facebook.com/upslsoccer) and Twitter (@upslsoccer).
- American Society of Appraisers Appoints Johnnie White as New Chief Executive Officer
- World Mental Health Coalition Interdisciplinary Conference, National Press Club Ballroom - Washington DC Tuesday, 3/19, 12:45pm
- Cloud Wars: Elasticsearch Controversy, VMware Recruits Partners for AWS Push + more
- Announcing Artaria: Artistic Fashion and Classical Music Showcase
- Petite designer registration for UNDER ends soon
- Residence Inn Hotel Opens on Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
- Beto Was a Hacker, But So What
- Mobliciti Wins Innovation Award at LexisNexis Awards
- Orphanion Partners With LGM Pharma To Expand Global Access To Its Niche API Services
- EclecticIQ listed in Gartner Market Guide for Security Threat Intelligence 2019
- Christchurch shooting – What to do in your daily social media & digital marketing activities
- Marlene Todibio Earns Clcs Designation
- SOulFully Textured, A Natural Hair Experience
- Tartan Week Festivities Kickoff on GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Fusing East and West: a new kind of medical practice takes off in Naples, FL
- Bensalem Cleaning and Painting Company
- The Moses Controversy- Another Angle Plus New Revelation
- The Things We Do at Odyssey Theatre
- UpcyclePop Eco Market Fair Returns with costumes for Purim Event. An interactive playful experience on sustainability
- Orange Volunteer Fire Department Celebrates Members' Service at Annual Dinner