Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 188
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 179
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 165
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 157
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 156
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated 126
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 125
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020 105
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward 105
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
Similar on eTradeWire
- Nelson Creek Outdoors announce its release of Lucky 7 Synthethescent Preorbital Licking Branch GEL
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Midwest Expansion with Cedar Rapids Inferno SC
- Former opponents inside the UFC cage unite for an event aimed at empowering women
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Santa Monica United FC as SoCal Expansion Team
- Sailfish Marina Provides Elusive "Bait" for World's Longest Running Sailfish Tournament
- Culligan City of Palms Classic shakes up national rankings
- Dezer Gymnastics Training Center Starts a New Era in South Florida
- United Premier Soccer League Announces New York Expansion with Astoria Knights FC
- New York National Lacrosse League Team Names Regy Thorpe As Head Coach & GM
- Women in Sports and Events DC Welcomes New Executive Board in 2019
Based in Ellis County (Tex.), Storm FC will begin UPSL play in the Central Conference North Division, and is finalizing its venue options in compliance with UPSL's Minimum Standards.
United Premier Soccer League Central Conference Manager Matt Kahla said, "We are very excited to welcome Antony Penna and Storm FC to the UPSL. Kernow Storm FC has run a successful youth club for more than a decade and Penna and Co. are ready to take the next step. A true soccer powerhouse in the South Dallas area, Storm FC is going to do well in the UPSL's Central Conference and we look forward to seeing the club on the pitch soon."
Antony Penna, 42, is Director of Soccer Operations and Technical Director of Storm FC. A native of Cornwall, England, Penna began Storm FC in England and relocated the club across continents to begin operating as a youth academy that now features multiple boys and girls youth teams playing elite, competitive and recreational level soccer throughout the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area.
Storm FC Director of Soccer Operations Antony Penna said, "Our youth club covers the I-20 corridor from the Ft. Worth/Arlington area to Dallas and south of the metro. Joining the UPSL will create a pathway to professional soccer for all players who graduate our club program or that return from college. This will give them somewhere they can play locally and give them a chance to further their soccer development and national exposure. It's going to be great for us to be a part of UPSL, a national league."
More on eTradeWire News
- 6 Things to Avoid When Remodeling Your Home
- Redcat Racing Gen8 Hop Up Parts Released
- IPRP is the State of Indiana's newly-contracted monitoring program for healthcare professionals
- RE/MAX DFW Associates Gains New Sales Associates
- Actor Keith Arthur Bolden lands recurring role in BET's series "American Soul"
- Tours of Tuscany By a Local Who Grew Up There
- IAOP Announces Winners of Annual Global Excellence in Outsourcing Award for Innovative Practices in Creating Value from Collaborative Relationships
Storm FC men's amateur teams have participated in the Arlington (Tex.) Adult Soccer League, and Penna is planning the UPSL side in coordination with the return of several former Storm FC youth players from current collegiate commitments.
"There have been several clubs around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area that have been a apart of other leagues and that's not for us," Penna said. "We needed something for the returning college players as well as the players that are still in the area wanting to continue their soccer playing career and further develop from the club soccer experiences. That's why we're looking to be an integral part of the UPSL. This will give us the platform for those kids and our coaches to get to the next level."
Hector Ponce will serve as Head Coach. Ponce, 24, is a former Kernow Storm FC youth player and has transitioned from player to coach after his time on the field. Involved as a youth coach with the club's premier youth academy, City FC, Ponce has also coached in the North Texas Olympic Development Program and the University of North Texas Men's Club.
Storm FC Head Coach Hector Ponce said, "To climb the ranks within your childhood club and become a part of its push for the future is a great joy. Storm FC is in my blood, and hopefully I can repay the faith the club has in me by shaping a successful program."
A graduate of University of North Texas ('18) with a BS in Kinesiology, Ponce is currently pursuing a USSF 'C' Coaching License.
Storm FC soon will announce tryouts and its upcoming UPSL game schedule.
About Storm FC
Storm FC is an American Soccer club currently based in Red Oak, Tex., and a new member of the United Premier Soccer League. Storm FC will play in the UPSL's Central Conference.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tickets available for Regional Cancer Center Fashion Show on Feb. 27
- New Book Teaches Career Scientists and STEM Students How to Communicate to Make an Impact
- Enjoy a Special Movie Screening of The Quest at Winter AutoFest
- College equestrian facilities benefit from LED lighting upgrade
- Wesley Wong to Speak to Guests at Winter AutoFest
- New Construction Single-Tenant Jack in the Box in Fontana Trades for $2.4 Million
- Enter To Win A Fully Restored 1961 Corvette Convertible and a 2019 Corvette ZR1!
Founded in 2004, Storm FC can participate in the qualifying rounds for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup through their affiliation and membership with the UPSL, the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA).
United Premier Soccer League
The UPSL was formed in 2011 and currently includes more than 300 teams in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. UPSL is the fastest growing Pro Development League in the USA, with 400-plus teams targeted for 2019 Fall Season. Each UPSL team is individually owned and operated, and is responsible for maintaining either UPSL Pro Premier Division or Championship Division minimum standards.
UPSL teams are all eligible to participate in the U.S. Open Cup Qualifying Rounds through the leagues affiliation with the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA).
More information about UPSL can be found at www.upslsoccer.com or by following the league on Facebook (www.facebook.com/upslsoccer) and Twitter (@upslsoccer).
- Curious About How Dreams Can Increase Self-Awareness? New Ebook on Dream Incubation Can Help
- Leading PEO INFINITI HR Launches Corporate Wellness Initiative: INFINIFIT®
- Phosphoglycerate Kinase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) K194-100
- Art Auctions and Art Prices: Some art sells for Millions...Some art won't even sell at a Garage Sale
- Denny Waxman Announces 2019 Macrobiotic Counselor Los Angeles Program
- Immediate Care Medical Walk-In Presents Fundraising Check to Basketball Player Darrell Rogers
- Satanic Temple of NYC presents NON SERVIAM: a theatrical fundraiser for reproductive rights
- Master Lee's The spirit of Tae Kwon Do has added the DojoApp
- Jaws Jumbo Burgers Utilizing Revolutionary Limited Partnership Agreement for Expansion
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes ProsPay, Inc.as a Trustee Member
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance volunteers with South Shore Elder Services' Meals Program
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy reminds No RX required for PT in Illinois
- Rotary Club of Flagler Beach to Host Race of the Runway for Rotary Fundraiser Feb. 2nd
- UK Singer/Songwriter Rob Palladino Releases Highly Anticipated Debut Album "Spirit Trail"
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Tucson Moving and Storage Leader
- Maria Raquel Thomas Named Featured Slimer at Largest DC Slime Expo
- Federal Government Employees Without Pay Get Free Jumps At Sky Zone Joliet
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy announces their Fourth Anniversary
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Thryv as a Trustee Member
- Monsieur Job Mixes Electronic-Infused Latin Rhythms with "Melancholic Happy" ft. Clindistino