Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 192
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 177
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 163
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 147
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Future-Proof Your Brewery in 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- New York Yankees Breaking News
- UPSL Women's Division Announces Sporting AZ FC as New Southwest Conference Expansion Team
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Business Partnership with ExpandaBrand
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Boca Raton Football Club as New League Member
- Educational Website Launched for Boaters Researching New & Used Boats for Sale in USA and Canada
- Cowgirls of Faith® Brings High-Tech Style to Western Rodeo
- 2019 Long Island Soccer Player Hall of Fame
- EMSCULPT at Atlanta's Best MedSpa, Amachi MedSpa & Georgia Plastic
- NLL Announces Brands and Identities for Its Two Newest Teams
- United Premier Soccer League Announces SoCal Expansion with Rose City FC
Based in Plymouth County (Mass.), Brockton FC United will begin UPSL play in the Northeast Conference and play its UPSL home games this season at Marciano Stadium on the campus of Brockton High School (470 Forest Ave., Brockton, MA 02301) in compliance with UPSL's Minimum Standards.
United Premier Soccer League East Coast Director Jim Antonakas said, "We are excited to have Brockton FC United join the UPSL's Northeast Conference. Brockton FC United is an up-and-coming club that continues to prove itself over the last couple of years, with its most recent success being promoted to the first division in local league competition. Now Brockton FC United is ready to take the next step and we look forward to seeing them on the field for the 2019 Spring Season."
Herminio Furtado is Head Coach of Brockton FC United. A native of Cape Verde in Africa, Furtado, 41, holds an MA in Education from American International College and dual BAs in Political Science and History from Salem (Mass.) State University. He currently is a History Teacher and the Boys Varsity Soccer Coach at Brockton High School, which he recently led to a Massachusetts High School State Championship.
More on eTradeWire News
- Teamwork and Dedication Proves to be a Winning Combination for Award Recipients
- Dutch Creative Space Teams with International Fashion House Nighthousee
- CRAYRATE.COM: Review or Rate, Meet & Repeat
- Congestion today for a better VIC future
- Orange Fire Department Members Practice Ice Rescue Techniques
- The Law Office of Mark Humphreys announces the settlement of another case in the DFW area
- PODS® Las Vegas offers 6 helpful tips to dust away the spring-cleaning blues
Brockton FC United Head Coach Herminio Furtado said, "We have a lot of talented players looking for a place to play after high school, players that don't always go to college and if they do then they need a place to play during the offseason, so we have a lot of players that are looking for more exposure and want a place to showcase their talent. The goal is to unite all the youth and adult amateur teams in the city. We've been promoted in the Bay State Soccer League the last two seasons and our players are looking for more – more competition, more games, more exposure – and that's why we reached out to the UPSL."
Brockton FC United, previously known as Tarrafal FC, was the Massachusetts Amateur Champions Cup winners in 2014, and currently play in the Bay State Soccer League (BSSL) First Division following promotion-winning campaigns each of the last two seasons.
Gerson Montero, 38, serves as Director of Business Operations for Brockton FC United.
The club will announce its upcoming tryout dates and game schedule.
About Brockton FC United
Brockton FC United is an American Soccer club currently based in Brockton, Mass., and a new member of the United Premier Soccer League. Brockton FC United will begin play in the Northeast Conference Patriot Division.
Founded in 2006, Brockton FC United can participate in the qualifying rounds for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup through their affiliation and membership with the UPSL, the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA).
More on eTradeWire News
- Storage Media Group to Sponsor Upcoming Storage Technology Showcase Conference
- Cavignac & Associates Hires Jessica Rodriguez as Surety Department Account Administrator
- Imperial Properties Upgrades Resident Portal
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day February 25th, 2019
- Fabless Semiconductor Startup OctoTech Inc. Introduces a New Innovative RF Product for BLE AoA / AoD Application
- "Austin & Charlie Adventures Across America" - Kid's Doggie Adventure Series Travels Across America
- South Shore Chamber Names Ryan Bristol, Vice President of Bristol Bros. Development Corp to Board
United Premier Soccer League
The UPSL was formed in 2011 and currently includes more than 300 teams in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. UPSL is the fastest growing Pro Development League in the USA, with 400-plus teams targeted for 2019 Fall Season. Each UPSL team is individually owned and operated, and is responsible for maintaining either UPSL Pro Premier Division or Championship Division minimum standards.
UPSL teams are all eligible to participate in the U.S. Open Cup Qualifying Rounds through the leagues affiliation with the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA).
More information about UPSL can be found at www.upslsoccer.com or by following the league on Facebook (www.facebook.com/upslsoccer) and Twitter (@upslsoccer).
- Now On Sight Repairs doubles your pleasure with tune-ups in your driveway or theirs
- Leadership Conference Recap from the Team at Thrive Events
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today
- Author Jenn Sadai Plans for the Release of Her Sixth Novel
- Moss Construction Promotes Toby Manulak to Vice President
- 26.2 with DONNA Marathon is Reimagined in Neptune Beach
- Remote Pump Monitoring System Using a Modem Data Logger
- First of its Kind Investment Book Empowers Women to Close the Gender Investing Gap
- Apex Officer Launches VR Crisis Intervention Police Training Simulator for Law Enforcement Agencies
- FaithLauncher Acquired by GiveSendGo.com the largest free Christian Crowdfunding Site
- Neurolixis launches NLX-112 drug formulation collaboration with GALA laboratory in France
- Flowfinity Announces New Features for Faster Delivery of Robotic Process Automation in the Workplace
- FileCatalyst to Showcase a New Cloud-Based Service and New Updates at NAB 2019 in Las Vegas
- ArtInsuranceNow.com Offers Comprehensive Art Collectors Insurance Policies
- Northwestern Mutual Recognizes Financial Advisor Marc Rosenberg with National Awards
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Cape Coral area March 13
- New publication by Dr. Matt Bogard: Stress Management, Build a Better Life
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Naples area March 12
- South Coast Improvement, Co. completes renovation for 1251 Capital at 7-9 Newbury Street, Boston
- GCAM Hosts Opening Ceremony for New Plasma Center in Brownsville, TX