Popular on eTradeWire
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 256
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 235
- 2019 Hyundai Sonata for Sale in The Heart of Toronto - 233
- Community Comes Together for Unforgettable Back-to-School Bash at The CENTER @Joshua Home - 227
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 219
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber's Nov. 14 luncheon to celebrate Leadership Fort Myers 2023 graduates - 208
- Atlanta's most famous rug store founder advocates a hands-on-approach to rug shopping - 178
- Amazing Public Art Sculpture Created From Found Objects - 154
- Instantly Boost Your Website Organic Traffic with Premium Websites - 154
- JS Fun Event Hire Supplies Custom Cash Grabber for Pringles' Movember - 152
Similar on eTradeWire
- DellaRatta, Van Zandt, Maté, Hedges and other big names WIN BIG at Jazz for Peace Comedy NFT Awards!
- Mounts Botanical Garden Announces Major Additions to Leadership Team
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present Lucinda Williams & Her Band, February 3
- The Center for Contemporary Art Offers Winter Art Classes for Adults, Teens & Children
- Xiaojing Yan and Opus Art Collective collaborate on an intimate sculptural Nebula!
- Carbonell Awards Add Four New Judges
- San Francisco Black Film Festival Shares News of Durban International Film Festival
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts and Ericka Dunlap Collaborate with Local Nonprofits to Celebrate Diversity at Mahaffey
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts is Offering Major Ticket Discounts During Black Friday
UNC Asheville and FiberArt Present Textile Art Exhibition: A Celebration of Tradition and Innovation
The Digital Weaving class, held at UNC Asheville and sponsored by FiberArt, offered students a unique opportunity to explore the world of traditional weaving, unravel the intricate history behind technology and textiles, and gain hands-on experience in contemporary textile production and development. The culmination of their hard work and creative ingenuity will be on display for all to enjoy.
More on eTradeWire News
- What To Inspect When Buying A Used Car
- Who Has Been Distracted During Work or Athletics, from Debris falling Between the Shoe and Sock
- Exel Solar U.S. Emerges in response to Growing Solar Demand
- Revolutionizing sustainability with a plant-based gold leaching solution and technology to recover gold from ore while reducing environmental impact
- Local Microschool Wins National Recognition
In addition to the students' remarkable creations, Qualeasha Wood and Phillip Stearns have graciously contributed their own exceptional pieces to this exhibition. Qualeasha's "Pleasure Matrix" piece is a testament to her artistic prowess, while Phillip's submission, a part of his "OPEN VAULT: THE MARKET" collection, is titled "DolphinCape."
As a special highlight, Qualeasha Wood will be presenting an Artist Talk on Wednesday, October 11th, from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Owen Hall Room 305. This is a unique opportunity for attendees to gain insights into her creative process and the inspiration behind her work.
The UNC Asheville student textile exhibition, in partnership with FiberArt and BMCM+AC, is open to the public from September 26th to October 12th and will be housed in the New Media Gallery, located in Owen Hall Room 328. Visitors can explore the stunning displays and witness the fusion of tradition and innovation within the textile arts.
More on eTradeWire News
- Best Freelance Copywriting Services
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
- Industry Standard Warehouse Racking Melbourne - Outer Space Installs
- Merry Melrose at the Melrose Trading Post!
- After The Ink Dries - Will Savers Launches The First Physical Will & Trust Storage Service
UNC Asheville will also host a ReVIEWING Black Mountain College conference panel on Friday, October 13th, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Reuter Center (Room 205). This panel will provide a deeper understanding of the significance of textile arts within the broader cultural and historical context.
The exhibition will culminate with a closing reception on Saturday, October 14th, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., in the New Media Gallery (Owen Hall Room 328). This event offers a wonderful opportunity for attendees to meet the artists, exchange ideas, and celebrate the fusion of tradition and innovation in textile art with support from FiberArt.
For more information about the exhibition and related events, please visit https://blackmountaincollege.org/REVIEWING
- 16th Annual Friends and Family Sale announced by LabNaturals, retailer of CBD, non-toxic skincare, and glutathione, based in Western Pennsylvania
- Invenio IT unites with Field Effect to deliver powerful cybersecurity to the SMB
- Kaiser Consulting Awarded a #1 Spot in Central Ohio's 2023 Best Places to Work
- Unlock Healing Today and Put Trauma in Its Place!
- BYD | RIDE Supports Women in Transportation with $5,000 Build Your Dreams Scholarship
- London Bay Development Group presenting sponsor for Guadalupe Center's 'Elevate' gala
- Titan Pressure Washing Demonstrates the Difference Between a Pressure Wash and a Soft Wash on Tile Roofs
- New Book, "Drink Like a Local," Unlocks The Spirits and Secrets of New Orleans Drinking Culture
- Altercare Locations Earn U.S. News & World Report's Best Nursing Homes Award
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Final Week For Medicare Insurance Open Enrollment
- Michael Corso Honored for His Legacy of Service and Patriotism
- Fred Haas Toyota World Presents the Battle For The Billboard Tundra Edition
- 'Stranger Things' Star Joseph Quinn Added to FAN EXPO Portland Lineup
- Cecilia Russo Marketing Awards $15,000 of Grants to Three Georgia Small Businesses
- Holabird's Christmas Chronicles auction, Dec. 7-10, online and live in Reno, is packed with over 2,500 lots
- Klarinet Solutions Recognized as Staffbase's Rising Star of the Year
- L-Tron to Attend Fire Chief Association (IAFC)Technology Summit International
- Lanier Islands Invites Atlanta to Enjoy Dinner with Santa and More
- Why Should I Provide Credit Card Payment Solutions at My Business?