Popular on eTradeWire
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 131
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- DMS Releases Q1 2019 Purchase Mortgage Consumer Profile Report
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
- Holocaust Daughter Proposes Shoah Denier William Latson Dialogue with Survivors
- Holocaust Denier Encouraged to Connect with Survivors
- Palm Beach Dramaworks Sounds of Summer Series to Present JILL & RICH In Concert
- Tecsew Has Passed Goldman Sachs 10KSB with Flying Colours!
Similar on eTradeWire
- July 25 Webinar Focuses on Three Easy Ways Women in Tech Can Maximize Professional and Personal Impact
- Mercury Launch Initiative with CNet Training
- Small Business Phone System USA | Hosted Cloud VoIP Service Provider
- RadiusPoint Launches New Website To Support Enterprises Operations
- RadiusPoint Announces Clients' ROI of 572% for First Quarter of 2019
- Netwise Hosting rebrands to Netwise
- OEM Quality Motorola APX Radio Accessories for a Fraction of the Cost
- Speedflow increases MediaCore capacity to help carriers deal with CC traffic
- Rahi Chooses CNet Training to provide Certified Training Programs to Customers and Partners
- Omni Design Technologies opens design center in Bangalore, India
· guarantees that devices impacted by the shutdown will still be operational post-2025
· is completely secure thanks to its PKI infrastructure
· is already used to connect tens of thousands of devices around the world
· incurs lower operating costs than current landline subscriptions
Challenges of the PSTN Shutdown
Worldwide, national carriers are completing the transition from Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) to digital broadband technologies. In the UK, BT plan the permanent switch-off of all PSTN services (https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/19/bt_pus...) (analogue voice, ISDN2 and ISDN30) by 2025.
For voice telephone calls, fixed-line phones will be connected to the RJ11 port of an Internet router that will convert calls to Voice over IP (VoIP). However, this VoIP conversion process does not work for industrial equipment dependent on analogue modems, including but not limited to:
More on eTradeWire News
- AI virtual coach Driven partners to build resilience in first responders
- Just Vanilla provides commercial kitchen rental space for food startups in Houston
- New non-profit partnership boosts financial capability and wellbeing in Australia
- The Well Store Opens The Refill Station
- Maltose Phosphorylase Activity Kit (Fluorometric)
· Remote management controllers
· Franking machines
· Energy meters
This is also the case for pacemaker monitors and other remote health monitoring devices which host an analogue modem to transmit data from patients' homes to hospitals.
In the UK, around 1.5 million fixed lines are used for telehealth and home patient monitoring (https://www.tsa-voice.org.uk/sites/default/files/TSA301664%20Whitepaper_Oct17%20120917_ONLINE%20VERSION%20ONLY.pdf) and will be affected by the shutdown.
eDevice's WireT solution resolves this problem.
Easy to set up: plug and play
Despite the advance of the All-IP programme, there is still a future for IoT devices with an analogue modem, if paired with the appropriate equipment.
A WireT box works instantaneously across a secure Plug&Play migration; the device phone cable is plugged directly into the WireT as demonstrated here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNkwPgKGWo0). The box then retrieves payload data on the modem link and sends it via the Ethernet network to remote secure collection servers, guaranteeing that devices impacted by the PSTN switch-off, such as pacemakers, will still be operational post-shutdown.
More on eTradeWire News
- Vivabox Solutions Offers Packaging Solutions for Online-to-Offline (O2O) Commerce
- Plasmin Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- The Voice Actor Blog - for Voiceover Artists & Voice Talent
- "La Vida Baseball" Announces Partnerships With '47 Brand And Topps Amidst Continued Record Platform Growth
- A splendid use for used camping gear
A solid investment: tamper-proof and secure
Stéphane Gomes, eDevice's CTO, shares more details about WireT: "By using a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), the solution is fully secure & its data's authenticity is guaranteed. Communications between the WireT box and the application server operate through secure VPNs via eDevice back-end. Each box has a unique tamper-proof certificate that can be revoked remotely in the event of theft or malfunction".
WireT is already used to connect tens of thousands of devices around the world. It completes eDevice's range of transition solutions addressing the issue of the PSTN switch-off. eDevice also offers the WireX system, which uses the cellular network as a replacement for the PSTN link, with almost 1 million units in use across more than 130 countries.
eDevice's transition solutions have significantly lower operating costs than current landline subscriptions. Their aggressive pricing allows companies to implement these solutions immediately as the upfront costs are soon recuperated through substantial recurring savings.
For more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org / +33 (0)5 56 12 77 98
- Back-to-School Treat – Kids Eat Free at Jason's Deli from Aug. 2-4
- Gunderson and Schropp Honored as 2019 Florida Trend Magazine's Legal Elite
- North Star Senior Advisors Hosts Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Care Seminar
- Porsche Canada Becomes Presenting Sponsor Of Cobble Beach Concours D'elegance For 2019
- St. Louis Author Celebrates End of Chemotherapy with Book of Love Poems for the Beach
- Spotlight on 2016 Mazda MAZDA3
- Valerie Stone Hawthorne Joins the Board of Community Council
- Fullerton Arboretum Prepares For August 17, Return Of Popular Brews & Blues With 14 Craft Brewers
- FDA Shuts Down a Seafood Producer Operations in Texas
- McCarthy Completes Piedmont Newton Emergency Room
- Aspire Institute Hosts New Workshop to Protect Residential GCs From The Inevitable Economic Downturn
- Philadelphia's Changing Real Estate Market North of Fishtown
- Momentum Autism Therapy Announces Multidisciplinary Services to Jackson, MI families
- New Blockchain Domains Investing Secrets Book Expands Bitcoin
- Startup Scoop: OpenAI Guns for "Socially Beneficial" Artificial General Intelligence
- New Product: Mini Survival Kits Fit In Your Pocket & Can Save Your Life
- The Self-Pour Taproom & Pizzeria Mountain Pizza & Taproom Opens Its Second Location in South Fork
- Beyond Fish: How Canadians are Adopting Vegan Alternatives in order to Protect our Oceans
- SocketLabs To Exhibit At Philadelphia Digital Summit
- Want Better Sleep? Science Proves A Bath 1-2 Hours Before Bed Will Improve Your Sleep