Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 548
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 454
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 255
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 228
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 207
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 175
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 140
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 139
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 138
- Moss Foundation Donates $75K to Children's Charities - 128
Similar on eTradeWire
- ICTCore Version 1.1.0 Released, The Unified Communications Framework
- Telemarketing Services Professional Chris Grothe joins Quality Contact Solutions as VP of Operations
- ICTBroadast Version 4.1, Advance call center software for your needs
- CPT Network Solutions launches CPT Voice
- Covid-19 Resulted In A 69% Increase In Customer Service Call Volumes For Resultscx Retail Clients
- Fifth Gen Media announces Darlene Pope as Chairman of the Advisory Council
- Programmatic Advertising Emerges as a Major Margin Expansion Opportunity for Pay TV Providers in 2021
- CNet Training Celebrates its 25th Anniversary
- Wohler releases AoIP & Analog options for their iVAM1-1
- Milestone: Total Technicolor Deployments of DOCSIS 3.1 Gateways Reaches 20 Million Units Worldwide
· guarantees that devices impacted by the shutdown will still be operational post-2025
· is completely secure thanks to its PKI infrastructure
· is already used to connect tens of thousands of devices around the world
· incurs lower operating costs than current landline subscriptions
Challenges of the PSTN Shutdown
Worldwide, national carriers are completing the transition from Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) to digital broadband technologies. In the UK, BT plan the permanent switch-off of all PSTN services (https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/19/bt_pus...) (analogue voice, ISDN2 and ISDN30) by 2025.
For voice telephone calls, fixed-line phones will be connected to the RJ11 port of an Internet router that will convert calls to Voice over IP (VoIP). However, this VoIP conversion process does not work for industrial equipment dependent on analogue modems, including but not limited to:
More on eTradeWire News
- Marjorie Young presents free online PR class offered by the Savannah Entrepreneurial Center
- TVS Inspirational Network.Com Adds 100 Classic Movies to Post Cable Network on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Wholesale Leather Suppliers Offers Small Businesses Chance to Carry Big Name Brands
- Digital Transformation for Banking, Fintech and Insurtech in post COVID era
- Human Interleukin-16 (Highly Pure)
· Remote management controllers
· Franking machines
· Energy meters
This is also the case for pacemaker monitors and other remote health monitoring devices which host an analogue modem to transmit data from patients' homes to hospitals.
In the UK, around 1.5 million fixed lines are used for telehealth and home patient monitoring (https://www.tsa-voice.org.uk/sites/default/files/TSA301664%20Whitepaper_Oct17%20120917_ONLINE%20VERSION%20ONLY.pdf) and will be affected by the shutdown.
eDevice's WireT solution resolves this problem.
Easy to set up: plug and play
Despite the advance of the All-IP programme, there is still a future for IoT devices with an analogue modem, if paired with the appropriate equipment.
A WireT box works instantaneously across a secure Plug&Play migration; the device phone cable is plugged directly into the WireT as demonstrated here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNkwPgKGWo0). The box then retrieves payload data on the modem link and sends it via the Ethernet network to remote secure collection servers, guaranteeing that devices impacted by the PSTN switch-off, such as pacemakers, will still be operational post-shutdown.
More on eTradeWire News
- Human Interferon-gamma (Highly Pure)
- Catch The Vibe: Astrologer Anne on Vibe Selection Podcast
- Supremacy Entertainment CEO Dale Dunning bka KingDaleDaDon Release Hip-Hop Collaboration for 2021
- Architect Receives Anton Vegliante Award from AIA Architects League
- Keyboardist/Composer, Tom Alexander Re-Releases Critically Acclaimed Album, "What's Ahead?"
A solid investment: tamper-proof and secure
Stéphane Gomes, eDevice's CTO, shares more details about WireT: "By using a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), the solution is fully secure & its data's authenticity is guaranteed. Communications between the WireT box and the application server operate through secure VPNs via eDevice back-end. Each box has a unique tamper-proof certificate that can be revoked remotely in the event of theft or malfunction".
WireT is already used to connect tens of thousands of devices around the world. It completes eDevice's range of transition solutions addressing the issue of the PSTN switch-off. eDevice also offers the WireX system, which uses the cellular network as a replacement for the PSTN link, with almost 1 million units in use across more than 130 countries.
eDevice's transition solutions have significantly lower operating costs than current landline subscriptions. Their aggressive pricing allows companies to implement these solutions immediately as the upfront costs are soon recuperated through substantial recurring savings.
For more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org / +33 (0)5 56 12 77 98
- AstroGrav 4.3 Released for Windows and Mac
- TVS Sports Network to Launch on Cable Television Systems After NBCSN Signs Off
- Matt Par Tube Mastery and Monetization Review
- 2019 Fitness Factory Voted Top Gym In NH by WMUR (Jon Tobey)
- It's Undebatable: Astrologer Anne Shines On Super Fun Podcast
- EFRESCO develop 1st Virtual Marketing Cooperatives for Fresh produce
- Six Features a D3P Needs to Make the Cloud 17a-4 Compliant
- Updated ezPaycheck Payroll Check Writer Has Extended Support For 2020 W2 and W3 Form Processing
- Leon Youngblood Consultants streams Inaugural Concert featuring President Joe Biden & VP K. Harris
- Vote to Honor Essential Workers In Gratitude Campaign Organized by Jackie Bertolette At HauteOhio.com
- Ventura College's Advanced Manufacturing Program is Preparing for the Future
- CEDC Awards Students with Fernandez Leadership Fund Scholarships
- Children's Dysgraphia Book Free for National Handwriting Day
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida receives donation to expand solar power to its campus
- Applied Clinical Research Post Graduate Diploma
- Frank J. Gorshin, CLU, Brings Safe Money Radio To Myrtle Beach & Charleston
- Furin Inhibitor Screening Kit (Fluorometric)
- Detroit Based Startup MARUX™Accepted By Technology Accelerator Investment Platform
- Columbus Woman Beats COVID: Encourages Families To Touch
- Custom Aerospace Platforms from Panel Built Offer Long-Lasting, Convenient Maintenance Solutions