Popular on eTradeWire
- Ready to Rock the new single Streams over 5 Million on SoundCloud! 138
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi looks refreshed 117
- 20Lighter Announces Issuance Of First US Patent For Visceral Fat Reduction 106
- Emmy-Nominated Hairstylist Jerilynn Stephens Shares 5 "F" Words on Winn Claybaugh's MASTERS Podcast
- Vikki Jones Started a Company Amidst 2008 Economic Crisis, Advises Some COVID19 Employment Victims To Do The Same
- PRISM Wealth Management Recruiting Launches The Financial Advisor 100
- "The Central Authority" Movie Wraps Principal Photography
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Embraces The Lessons Of "Blood Diamond" & The "KPC"
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Donates Coronavirus Global Lockdown Profits To Charity
- Tony Gee, 3-Time Spin Awards host returns
Similar on eTradeWire
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Axiros Releases WiFi Workspace Console App For Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh™ WiFi System
- SKY Telecom LLC Announces New Online Ticket Management System for Clients
- Telecommunications Software Leader Axiros Adds New Customer In Rural Internet Service Initiative
- Bill Perfect, Inc. Achieves SSAE 18 (SOC 1) Type II Certification for TimelyBill OSS
- Patton's Virtual CPE Wins 2020 Product of the Year
- Telna and Kaleido Intelligence to host a webinar on the rise of cellular IoT amidst Covid-19
- Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) Program Now Available Remotely
- COVID-19 - IVC Telecom Mobilizes To Support Its Customers Amidst The Pandemic
· guarantees that devices impacted by the shutdown will still be operational post-2025
· is completely secure thanks to its PKI infrastructure
· is already used to connect tens of thousands of devices around the world
· incurs lower operating costs than current landline subscriptions
Challenges of the PSTN Shutdown
Worldwide, national carriers are completing the transition from Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) to digital broadband technologies. In the UK, BT plan the permanent switch-off of all PSTN services (https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/19/bt_pus...) (analogue voice, ISDN2 and ISDN30) by 2025.
For voice telephone calls, fixed-line phones will be connected to the RJ11 port of an Internet router that will convert calls to Voice over IP (VoIP). However, this VoIP conversion process does not work for industrial equipment dependent on analogue modems, including but not limited to:
More on eTradeWire News
- Adobe Creative Cloud Training in Dallas Area with One Person Per Classroom Guaranteed
- Cask Recognized as the 2020 ServiceNow Global Elite Partner of the Year
- MBA Spring Tour Kicks Off June 6
- Barrymore model home now open in Brightwater
- ECoffeeFinder.com Launches New Coffee Mug Collection
· Remote management controllers
· Franking machines
· Energy meters
This is also the case for pacemaker monitors and other remote health monitoring devices which host an analogue modem to transmit data from patients' homes to hospitals.
In the UK, around 1.5 million fixed lines are used for telehealth and home patient monitoring (https://www.tsa-voice.org.uk/sites/default/files/TSA301664%20Whitepaper_Oct17%20120917_ONLINE%20VERSION%20ONLY.pdf) and will be affected by the shutdown.
eDevice's WireT solution resolves this problem.
Easy to set up: plug and play
Despite the advance of the All-IP programme, there is still a future for IoT devices with an analogue modem, if paired with the appropriate equipment.
A WireT box works instantaneously across a secure Plug&Play migration; the device phone cable is plugged directly into the WireT as demonstrated here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNkwPgKGWo0). The box then retrieves payload data on the modem link and sends it via the Ethernet network to remote secure collection servers, guaranteeing that devices impacted by the PSTN switch-off, such as pacemakers, will still be operational post-shutdown.
More on eTradeWire News
- Attorney Dan Geherin Gives Advice Among Unrest
- Pfizer Supports the Human Growth Foundation's Virtual 5K Run & Walk for Kids' Growth
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- MAAT Completes Trilogy With New LP EQ
- Office Supply Solutions Celebrates 10th Anniversary
A solid investment: tamper-proof and secure
Stéphane Gomes, eDevice's CTO, shares more details about WireT: "By using a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), the solution is fully secure & its data's authenticity is guaranteed. Communications between the WireT box and the application server operate through secure VPNs via eDevice back-end. Each box has a unique tamper-proof certificate that can be revoked remotely in the event of theft or malfunction".
WireT is already used to connect tens of thousands of devices around the world. It completes eDevice's range of transition solutions addressing the issue of the PSTN switch-off. eDevice also offers the WireX system, which uses the cellular network as a replacement for the PSTN link, with almost 1 million units in use across more than 130 countries.
eDevice's transition solutions have significantly lower operating costs than current landline subscriptions. Their aggressive pricing allows companies to implement these solutions immediately as the upfront costs are soon recuperated through substantial recurring savings.
For more information, please contact:
email@example.com / +33 (0)5 56 12 77 98
- Fear of Cold Calling? New Book Demystifies, Conquers Challenging Sales Tactic
- AXISCADES launching new U.S. operations in Greenville County, South Carolina
- Camp Regis Applejack Cancels 2020 Summer Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Etgar 36 Announces Socially Distant Summer Civil Rights Journeys
- Servant Leadership: The Answer to America's Sickness
- Translation Software Company Awarded Grant For HIPAA Compliance Audit
- Great Graduation Gifts For Unusual Times - Astrology Reports
- Important Law Change for Essential Workers with Covid-19
- Managecore Announces Extension of Google Cloud Relationship through Cloud Acceleration Program
- NeoMetrix Technologies, Inc. - New Report: How 3D Printing Optimizes Supply Chains & Manufacturing
- UVPhotoMax™ Signature Series kills airborne viruses and bacteria
- Austin software firm builds homes in Mexico for the poor, sustains the families during pandemic
- Control System Labs Celebrates 50th Anniversary in Buffalo, NY
- InfinityQS Offers an Online ProFicient™ Fundamentals Course in Response to COVID-19
- Why Cheap Doesn't Always Mean Affordable in Construction
- Custom medal design provides high-quality options for donor gifts
- Get A Grip Resurfacing Franchises Essential, Recession Proof Opportunities Nationwide
- Heritage Fund Grants Provide Direct Support to Hard-Hit Museums and Sites in Maryland
- ATEC Expands Amplifier Rental Inventory with the AE Techron 8500 Series
- Stourbridge Web Design Company Developyn Celebrating International Success