Popular on eTradeWire
- Snell & Wilmer's Heidi McNeil Staudenmaier Among Attorney Intel's Top 25 Arizona Attorneys
- iLogistics Tecnologia Nombrado Uno de los Mejores Lugares Para Trabajar en Santiago
- The Market at 3 West Ridge Benefiting HUGS & P.A.C.K. to Be Held Feb. 7-9
- KingdomAdvertising.net Advertising Kiosks are now available at Car Washes and Gas Stations
- Knobull Provides Job-Winning Resumes Custom-Tailored To You!
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum Announces Several Special Events in January & February
- Snell & Wilmer Announces New Partners and Counsel
- Zekri Reelected to the Association of Family Law Professionals Board
- DFCR Gathers Support for New York State to Adopt Universal Cannabis Product Symbol
- W.D.O.P.E. Dopetrackz Radio - Rap Music Station THE INTERNET'S #1 Station for Underground Rap
Similar on eTradeWire
- U.S. Home Mortgage Rate History
- CMR Shares how Heat Pumps are Better for Your Wallet and the Environment
- Meg Matthews Joins DeRonja Real Estate
- Popular Home Remodeling Design Trends for 2023
- Get to Know Your Lawn this Spring with Advice from Ever So Green
- Jung Garden Center Stoughton -Opening This March
- Titan Pressure Washing Of Stuart Florida Is Nationally Certified For Roof Cleaning
- Northern Virginia Real Estate Agent Featured in Expert Interview
- New Home Appliances Blog Launches
- Animas Valley Construction Announces Expansion of Services to Include ADU Construction
The City Center is asking Ventura County to support its work in helping local homeless families become self-sufficient. "Many people complain about the problem with homelessness in our county, but now is the time to be proactive, to realize YOU can make a difference," said Cheryl Heitmann, former mayor of Ventura City. "Now is a particularly good time to support The City Center, as every $1 raised will be matched, up to $50,000, and don't forget there are also tax benefits for donations before year-end. Our community needs to push together to help our most vulnerable population. No child should be homeless. Ever."
"We are so incredibly grateful to the two anonymous donors for their generous offer – however, we must now raise $50,000. I believe our local community can do this," said Jim Duran, Executive Director. "There were over 5,964 students identified as homeless last year. We need to own our transitional living center at 837 E Thompson Ave, Ventura. Historically, 53% of our funding went to rent, but if we own our home, we will be able to help more homeless children and families."
More on eTradeWire News
- "Fiverr Embraces the Disruptive Power of AI with a New Category to Keep Entrepreneurs Ahead of the Competition"
- Maximize Your Profit: Tips from Collectors Coins & Jewelry on Selling Gold Jewelry Safely and Effectively
- Truly understand competencies to undertake competency management the right way
- Libby Booth Donation Challenge raises money for Wellness Center
- Quietum Plus Reviews 2023 (Urgent Customer Update) Fake Results Exposed! Buyer Beware
The City Center provides homeless families (with children under 12) shelter for up to two years, in addition to training, mentorship, counseling, and assistance. It has removed over 300 people from homelessness in the past 7 years.
Donation should be made at www.gofundme.com/thecitycenter.
About The City Center
The City Center, led by Executive Director Jim Duran and his team of case managers, therapists, and mentors, have worked tirelessly to equip homeless families with children to rebuild their lives and become independent. The City Center is much more than a 30-room transitional living facility, it provides homeless families with a safe place to stay for one to two years, as well as in-depth mentorship, life training, counseling, therapy, and assistance.
- Sixth Annual South of Boston Summit to be held on April 11th at the New Showcase Cinemas
- Southeastern Georgia Chapter ABOTA 2023 Annual Meeting Honors Judges for Distinguished Service
- Diligent Window Supply Opens to Serve Baltimore-Area Contractors
- Maximizing Your Manufacturing and Electrical Sales Potential with TEC Sales
- R&B Valentine's Day Experience with Final Draft
- John Robert Powers Celebrates their 100th Year of Turning Dreams into Reality
- Imagen Golf announces its newest partner facility Total Fitness Zone in Doylestown
- BUYORRENT Advisory Group Corp. Assists People in Making Important Financial Decisions
- Patrick T. McKay Named Hilliker Corporation 2022 Top Broker
- Rainbow Village Announces Addition of Three New Members to Board of Directors
- PulteGroup Opens New Phase at the Preserve at Bannon Lakes
- Authentek New 12" Vinyl Out Today On FutureMusic
- Western River Expeditions Celebrates a Six-Decade Relationship with Professional Travel Counselors
- Recent MANTS visit and upcoming garden shows!
- Ian Black Real Estate hires assistant property manager
- A Black history primer on African Americans' fight for equality – 5 essential reads
- Phoenix, Power Force deliver 10 games on two boards to IGS fans
- Sonnenblick-Eichner Co. Arranges $50 Million Construction Loan for Luxury Utah Resort Development
- Luxury Swimsuit Brand Matte Collection Debuts Haute New Polychrome Swimwear Line
- New Jewish Theatre presents "Every Brilliant Thing" starring Will Bonfiglio 3/16 - 4/2