Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 161
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 154
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 108
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 102
- What to do when someone dies in your family?
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- Zupervise selected to work in partnership with Facebook Startup Programs
Similar on eTradeWire
- War Is My Business: September 2021
- Ocean County YMCA is Making Waves for the Next Generation
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- Yours Humanly Tee Off for Education Golf Tournament, October 25, Rossmoor Golf Course
- Collegiate Finalists Short-Listed for $45,000 Cash Purse for Innovative Ocean Solutions
- Weekend of empowerment benefitting victims of domestic violence, mental illness, and homelessness
- HOPE Sheds Light to host Fall Wellness Festivals
- Handbag Happy Hour Returns; Handbags Sought for November 18 Event
- Better Together job fair Oct. 28 offers second chances for job seekers with barriers to employment
- San Diego Nonprofit Charity for Hope Launches Prafulaben and Navinbhai Leadership Program
After Mark had been diagnosed with Glioblastoma and given a life expectancy of just one month, Mark's family reached out to Dream Foundation, the only national dream-granting organization for terminally-ill adults. Mark's final Dream was to meet Troy Aikman.
Mark and his sister, Amanda, grew up Dallas Cowboys fans thanks to their grandmother and father's undying love for the team. Amanda says that their father was a super fan and loved Troy Aikman the most, following his career from the very beginning. He never missed an opportunity to educate his children about the sport he loved so dearly and the athletes who played it brilliantly. Mark started playing football at just 5-years-old, loved it immediately, and continued to play through high school.
When Mark learned that he was facing the end of his life, he only had one Dream, to meet Troy Aikman and connect with a player he never had an opportunity to see play in person.
With little time left, Dream Foundation called its Ambassador of Sports, five-time NBA All-Star and NASCAR team owner, Brad Daugherty, to reach out to his friend, Troy.
More on eTradeWire News
- Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series Presents "Supporting Neurodiverse Talent in Tech"
- What happens if I cancel my Spirit Airlines flight
- How Much is Seat Selection on EVA Air?
- Charlotte Street To Be Renamed In Honor Of Montford Point Marines
- Art is Better in the Dark On October 29!
Troy was honored and delighted to speak with Mark and Amanda. The pandemic made an in-person meeting difficult, so the three connected via Zoom. Troy was compassionate, attentive, funny and kind. Mark, unable to speak or move much, expressed happiness and joy. Mark mustered every bit of energy he had left to give Troy a thumbs up, show him his Cowboys hat, and even smile.
Just three days after this Dream come true, Mark died. Amanda wrote to Dream Foundation, "I just wanted to thank you guys again so much for what you did. Mark passed away. He [Troy] gave Mark his last excitement. It was the first time I've seen him smile in a while, and the last."
About Dream Foundation:
Dream Foundation, the only national dream-granting organization for terminally-ill adults, fulfills final Dreams that provide inspiration, comfort and closure at the end of life. With the support of a nationwide network of volunteers, hospices, health care organizations and committed donors, Dream Foundation has given life to more than 32,000 final Dreams since being founded in 1994. Dream Foundation receives no state or federal funding—we rely solely on private donations. To support our mission, please visit DreamFoundation.org/donate.
- International Academy Awards for Latino Podcasting present the Latin Podcast Awards Winners
- Datamoto Celebrates #1 rated Inventory Management Software for Small and Medium Sized Business
- The Best Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning Service In Los Angeles
- Horticulture And The Three Gift Tradition
- Hillsborough Gallery of Arts Previews Orange County Artists Guild Studio Tour
- Memoir by African American Trailblazer in the Arts, Policy, Politics and Diplomacy
- Nalu Medical MVA 2021 Winner Best MedTech Company & Medical Device in the Field of Neurology
- XACT Robotics® MVA Winner Best MedTech Robotic Company in the Field of Minimal Access Surgery (Ra
- TVS Classic Sports Network Adds 1978 Cosmos vs. Rowdies Soccer Bowl to WatchYour.TV Powered by Tulix
- New Program Helps Small Business Owners Overcome the Hurdle of Building Business Credit
- Luteinizing Hormone from human pituitary gland
- FABP1 Protein Human (High Purity)
- War Is My Business: September 2021
- Consumer Staples Announces Strategic Acquisition
- Consumer Staples Announces Harry McCue As New Chief Executive Officer
- Recruiting Sitters of All Types
- Visionary Dance Theatre presents "Breathe"
- IntriEnergy™ invites investors to help change the solar equation
- MVA Selects Thinklabs One Digital Stethoscope as 2021 Winner of the Best MedT
- SS Innovations MVA 2021 winner Best MedTech Robotic Company in the Field of of Minimal Access