Popular on eTradeWire
- Several UK Mortgage businesses have now successfully franchised their operations 473
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board 127
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 124
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Roofers On Demand Best Roofers
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- Jet Direct Mortgage Opens New Branch Office In Wilmington, North Carolina
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
Similar on eTradeWire
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- CannaBiz Invest Asia Draws Global Medical & Industrial Cannabis Industry Players to Bangkok
- 10 Key Reasons to attend SMi's 10th Annual Biosimilars Conference
- ACE1 Inhibitor Screening Kit (Colorimetric)
- HCA of New York Appoints SNCH's Home Care Director to Its Board of Directors
- Pharmaceutical Clean Room Qualification Verifies Secure Operation
- First New Renality Facility Open in Newnan, GA – "City of Homes"
- Siemens Healthineers Named Recipient of 2019 Cultural Vistas Corporate Leadership Award
- BCS Named to 2019 MSP 501 List of Top Managed Services Providers
- Nystrom & Associates Celebrates 10,000 Patients Receiving Early Access with QueueDr
TriboFilm Research Inc. Announces Phase 2 SBIR Grant Award from The National Institutes of Health under Award Number R44EY024461
Speaking about the SBIR grant program, Vinay Sakhrani noted that "the rigor of writing and winning an SBIR grant forces an organization to not only think through the best way to conduct the research but also the best way to commercialize it. This forces an organization to engage clients early in the research process, and actively solicit their feedback at every stage of development resulting in a better product."
More on eTradeWire News
- TEEF! Donates $1,000 to Humane Society
- Discover Canada Rally in Support of SickKids Foundation
- Groundbreaking New App Revolutionizes Millennial Travel
- A+ Editing Website Shutting Down for Maintenance in July
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County Announces 15th Annual Season of CULTURE & COCKTAILS
TriboLink-Si®, an alternative to silicone oil, specifically for such situations, is an advanced silicone-based coating system that reduces the risk of sub-visible particles migrating into and interaction with the drug. It uses an inert, atmospheric gas plasma to immobilize medical grade silicone oil onto the syringe barrel. Because of this unique immobilization process, it limits the extractable lubricant particles that could interact with the drug product, without compromising syringe forces.
Dr. Jackson Thornton, (https://tribofilmresearch.com/who-we-are/) the Principal Investigator said, "We are delighted that the National Institutes of Health has recognized the importance of developing new technologies to address particulate contamination in ophthalmic injections. We are fortunate that the industry leaders in the ophthalmic field are partnering with us to develop TriboLink-Si® in a way that incorporates their specific needs."
Silicone oil "floaters" pose a risk to patient health, and TriboLink-Si® represents a paradigm shift in the way compounding pharmacies and ophthalmologists can mitigate this risk.
More on eTradeWire News
- New Release! Relationships 7 by Piers Anthony is now available from Dreaming Big Publications!
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q2 2019
- Dave Goodrich 3D Trio Plays in Culpeper, VA
- Announcing Anonymous Email Address: ANONYMOUSEMAILADDRESS.COM
- Georgia Coalition for the Peoples' Agenda Statement on President Trump's Racist Attacks Against Four Congresswomen
About TriboFilm Research, Inc. (https://tribofilmresearch.com)
TriboFilm Research, Inc. is a specialized research consultancy and development firm based in Raleigh, NC that helps medical device R&D leaders and product managers improve patient safety, device performance, and product profitability by reducing lubricant risk.
With funding assistance from The National Institutes of Health through its Small Business Innovation Research program, TriboFilm collaborated with industry leaders to develop two alternative coatings to silicone oil: TriboGlide-DS® and TriboLink-Si®. Over the past eighteen years, we have partnered with Fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies in addition to early-stage medical device entrepreneurs to improve the performance of drug delivery systems using our 150+ years of combined experience in organic chemistry, surface engineering, and material science.
Director of Marketing
TriboFilm Research, Inc.
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- Tiger Fuel supports Chesapeake Bay conservation efforts at ten car wash locations
- It's a Publicity Palooza! AuthorYOU Mini-Extravaganza!
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria L Collier On Protecting Digital Assets
- Follow Alice, A Girl Determined To Protect Her Body, Her Future, and Her Heart in "Wasted Pretty"
- A Hurricane Unleashes A Monstrosity From The Past In "The Breach" by Author Edward J. McFadden III
- Sales, Discounts, and Rewards with Passfeed
- ExcelRT Builder 2.0 Allows Spreadsheet Author to Become App Developer
- Nick Cabrera Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- AVAIlL Adds Integration with McNeel's Rhino Modeler
- YINCAE Advanced Materials, LLC. Proudly Announces ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- OKay Network Releases New Billing/Support Platform
- The Waste Land on Earth? An Innovative Exhibition opening
- THE COPELAND KIDS by Cecilia Copeland wins Queen Supreme Best Feature Script at The Queen Palm Int. Film Festival Annual Screening and Awards
- Joe Romas Joins Mequon, Wis., Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Learn More About Our Medical Exterior Design
- Gateway Community Outreach tops Our City Media Readers' Choice voting for Charity Community Service
- Monitoring Temperature for Industrial Heat Treating Ovens
- Sperling Dermatology Celebrates 3- Year Anniversary and Jersey Shore Location Grand Opening