Popular on eTradeWire
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 215
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 208
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 193
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 139
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 138
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 132
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 129
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Ventura College Foundation Announces Recipients of First Allied Health Scholarships
- Lil Cory Becomes Legally Blind
Similar on eTradeWire
- PayPerHead.com Finds Significant Increase of Americans Placing Bets on European Soccer Leagues
- FusionInvoice Version 2019-1 Released
- Performance Architects' Kirby Lunger and Astha Patni Win Top OATUG Awards at COLLABORATE 19 for Oracle Users Community Contributions
- Industry Leading Pay Per Head Company Launches New Website
- ReadyRESALE is an Exhibitor at the Community Associations Institute 2019 Conference & Expo in Or
- Hedvig adds enterprise encryption key management with Cryptsoft
- The spring of security tokens: technology progress uncovered
- MSX International announces strategic investment in MCON Group
- Lantek names Unai Asla new financial director
- CloudNine Awards Multiple LAW Certifications to LDM Global
44 local startups participated in an exhaustive 11-week series of structured meetings consisting of founder pitches, company reviews, and due diligence. Last night provided a final opportunity for the five remaining companies to compete for the Summit's grand prize before a sold-out audience of investors and tech leaders.
Founded in 2018, the Trellis platform makes charity fundraising easy, powering events like the Kelowna Jaycees' Rene Bourgault Legacy Golf Tournament (https://trellis.org/renebourgaultgolf). The mission of Trellis is to bring philanthropy into the modern age, growing events and community initiatives into a greater force for social good.
More on eTradeWire News
- Prolific Press Has Published Final Arrangements by Mickey Corrigan
- Prolific Press Has Published The Impressionist Painter by Alan Humason
- Inspiring Florida Musical Artist announces First World Tour; Listen to Album on iTunes
- How Mass Shootings Affected my Work as a Filmmaker
- Comments to the Reserve Bank of India on Blockchain, Crypto
The funding Trellis received will be used for new team hires, product development and scalable market growth to meet both long and short term company goals.
27 investors from across the Okanagan came together, individually investing $5,000 and creating a venture capital fund worth upwards of $125,000. Richard Takai, Lead Investor at OKGN Angel Summit, is delighted by this increasing awareness about angel investing saying, "There is just an incredible level of enthusiasm for this whole process."
As Trellis CEO Justin Goodhew puts it, "Working with the angels who are promoting growth has been a humbling and exhilarating experience. As the Okanagan's leading investors and fund groups support us with their wealth of knowledge, expertise and networks, it's phenomenal having our community champion us and believe in the work we are doing to promote events for good across Canada and beyond."
"We knew this Summit would be an amazing opportunity to connect local investors with local startups," says Thuy Tran, Summit Director and Programs Manager at Accelerate Okanagan.
More on eTradeWire News
- Simple Steps to Control Your Child's Asthma – advice from pediatrician Kenneth Pomar Rebong, MD
- Giving Back To Our Veterans and Military Through Song at The 2019 Josie Music Awards Event!
- iHarvest™-The Future of Gardening is Indoors
- Grammy Winner Headlines Vegas Jazz Eclectic Concert Series
- Reality TV show breaks new ground in Pittsburgh
The OKGN Angel Summit is an experiential program to help new Angel Investors learn about how to be effective and successful investors. Modelled after what John Sechrest started in the Seattle Angel Conference, Sechrest sees this as an opportunity (https://okanaganedge.net/2019/03/26/angels-pick-their-finalists/) where "Some people want to do it because it makes them look good. Some people want to do it because their friends are doing it. Some people want to do it because they want to see a difference in the world. Some people do it because they want their kids to have jobs."
As investment opportunities like the OKGN Angel Summit provide new openings for Trellis and other local companies, only good things will come for the communities of the Okanagan. When equipped with the right tools, people can be profound forces for change.
Justin Goodhew - Founder and CEO
- OneAZ Credit Union celebrates Earth Day with special Tesla financing options and Radio Flyer Tesla Model S giveaway
- LMS50 Adds Additional Online Safety Training Titles
- Holocaust survivor's granddaughter pens memoir about what happens when corrupt leaders in charge
- Naacp Memphis Branch, The New Tri-state Defender & Kroger Delta Division Announce Grant Winners
- Drummer Bob Holz in Modern Drummer Magazine
- National Association of Black Journalists to Host Regional Conference in Cincinnati
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- Kroger Health Partners With FoodNiche To Drive Conversation On Healthier Future of Food
- Milk Hall of Fame Announces USA and International 2020 Spokesmodel Video and Photographic Auditions Have Begun - in Your Own Language
- Kintsugi / Kintsukuroi Art - How it is Made, Where to Buy Pottery with Gold Repair? Available in The USA
- "I Like To Eat Children" by Author Reagan Rothe Now Available in Audiobook Format Worldwide
- 651vinyl.com Adds Siser Brick 600 to Product Line
- Celebrate Easter with Exciting Offers on Kids Accessories by ShopEnglish. Visit us today!
- Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Company Opens New Location in York, PA
- Another Home Run Murder Mystery Now Showing
- Blac Chyna Negotiations with Warner Bros. Move Forward
- MFASCO awarded a GSA with the assistance of Mr. Brian Charles with Government Marketplace LLC
- Arctic Encounter Presents 6th Annual Flagship Symposium
- Saf-Gard/Vulcan Safety Shoe Company Opens Location in Charleston, SC
- SVN Storage Realty's Team Sells $7,000,000 Facility in Saratoga County, NY