Popular on eTradeWire
- Multi-Media Entertainment Conglomerate, ZATA Entertainment, LLC. to Bring Diversity and Inclusion to Las Vegas - 689
- Ether-1 Cryptocurrency Price Up 900% in 2021 As Demand For It's Censorship-Proof Hosting Platform Skyrockets Organizations Push Back Against Big-Tech - 671
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 653
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 645
- Small Vermont Business Owner Gets a Big Break - 634
- 420 Enthusiasts Prepare to Celebrate Adult Use with Outdoor Shopping and Music Festival ft Hip-Hop group the Luniz - 597
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida - 535
- Reserve early if you plan visiting State and National Parks - 481
- Beyond Times Square Launches New Logo to Embrace the Future of Luxury Travel - 468
- Lets Yangtze River Cruise Fever Commence - 446
Similar on eTradeWire
- KeysCaribbean Extends 'Advance Purchase Rate Discount' Special Offer for a Florida Keys Vacation
- Experience the rich heritage of Six Nations on your fingertips
- Australians Desperate To Get Back To The Great Outdoors
- Viva Tequila Festival Mexico Experience Tour Honored at Taste Awards in the Outstanding Culinary & Travel Experience Category
- State of Yucatán Continues to Position Itself as a Leading Destination for Meetings, Conventions, Inc
- Uncovering the magic of the Bay with Driftscape!
- Travel Job Vacancies Double In March
- How do I get Access to My Jetblue Travel Savings Account
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets
- Travel salaries rise marginally despite pandemic
- Standard travel wages also rise for sixth consecutive year
- Pay for executive travel roles falls for first time since 2015
- New vacancies drop by 74 per cent
Travel salaries defy pandemic
Salaries for new jobs in the travel industry rose by a small 0.32 per cent to stand at an average of £28,287 in 2020 despite the impact of the pandemic, according to the 2020 Travel Salary Index from C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment which surveyed all new vacancies registered with the companies during the year.
It means that wages have now increased for new travel jobs for six years in a row following increases of 4.99 per cent in 2019, 3.16 per cent in 2018, 1.58 per cent in 2017, 1.80 per cent in 2016 and by 1.46 per cent in 2015.
More on eTradeWire News
- Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum to Host Wine-Tasting at Farmer's Table on May 12
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT LIVE™ Is Coming to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Tommy Rice Featuring Patricia Barrett "The Greatest Love Of Them All" Makes Impact At Radio
- Theresa White Earns Industry Gold-Standard Career Coaching Credential
- THINKWARE Announces Mother's Day Dash Cam Specials
Average salaries for standard new jobs in travel (those paying up to £40,000) saw a bigger rise of 3.69 per cent last year to reach £25,863. This was also their sixth consecutive year of increases after wages rose by 0.62 per cent in 2019, 7.45 per cent in 2018, 5.41 per cent in 2017, 5.52 per cent in 2016 and 5.27 per cent in 2015.
However, there was a small fall in salaries for higher-paid senior placements, with average pay for executive travel roles (those paying £40,000 and above) dipping by 2.60 per cent in 2020 to £57,065. This was the first annual fall in executive wages since 2015.
Recruitment levels rocked by Covid
The number of new job vacancies in the travel industry fell by 74.2 per cent overall in 2020 and by 93.4 per cent between April and December 2020 compared to the same months in 2019.
Despite a large number of redundancies in the industry, there was also a significant fall in candidates searching for new travel jobs, with registrations dipping by 41.2 per cent in 2020, and by 53.2 per cent year-on-year since the beginning of the pandemic.
More on eTradeWire News
- In Celebration of Earth Day, The Black Doll Affair Introduces its Paper Doll Line and Announces a Partnership with a Mermaid!
- GPHCC Board Chair, Lou Rodriguez Steps Down and New Chair and Officers Elected
- Southern Ocean County Hometown Security Webinar talks Summer Season Safety for Businesses
- Waterside Productions Announces New Book "The Redhead in the Cove"
- Carlos Kelly Named Chair of Henderson Franklin's Business Litigation Department
Speaking about the stats, Barbara Kolosinska, Director at C&M Travel Recruitment (http://www.candm.co.uk/) and C&M Executive Recruitment, said: "None of us have ever experienced a year like 2020, and hopefully none of us ever will again. Recruitment activity plummeted to levels that we couldn't ever have imagined, and we sadly lost many companies along the way.
"However, we are now gradually seeing travel recruitment levels rise month by month, and 2021 has got off to an extremely encouraging start. January resulted in the highest number of new travel vacancies since the original lockdown in March 2020, and this month is looking set to be even busier."
- Goodwill MicroEnterprise transitions to in-person classes
- Fifth Round Nominees For The Latin Podcast Awards 2021
- New Workforce Training Opportunities in Charlotte County
- Miller & Miller's Canadiana & Folk Art auction, April 17th, is a hit, grossing $430,375 (Canadian)
- Preh Named a Finalist in PACE Awards 2021
- We're Expanding! Meet Bulldog Mobile Billboards Newest Marketing Team Member
- Braces in Exton High-Quality, Low-Cost, and Life-Changing
- Classy Wall Decor: Sophisticated Wall Art for Classy Homes
- Identity Earth Day Feat. Lesley Webb, Elizabeth Lindburg, Casandra Carmelina, Lia Betty, & T
- Forever Fisherman: Fishing Gear for Fishermen of All Skill Levels
- CP Lab Safety to Celebrate 25 Years of ECO Funnel
- Cardinal Bird Feeders: Wild Bird Supplies to Create an Inviting Outdoor Environment
- Motorbiker Helmets: D.O.T Approved Helmets for Motorbikers
- This Earth Day help Apellix with Project Breathe Which Aspires to use Tethered Drones to Spray a NAS
- Brett Furman Recognized as Top Producer in RE/MAX Pennsylvania Region
- The Gorden Group Announces Sale of Lakeside Storage in Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- Pet Supplement Company InClover Research® Partners with CarbonClick Just in Time for Earth Day
- Accel Research Sites now recruiting for new pediatric COVID-19 vaccine trial
- Real Estate Broker Milestone Helps Homeowners Sell Homes Faster and for More Money
- The Bennington State Bank Announces Future Home in Wichita