Popular on eTradeWire
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Features 'Book Now, Pay Later' Special Offer 124
- Full Schedule for the Women in Travel Summit North America Released 123
- 'Around the World Open House' features $20G in giveaways 117
- Celebrate National Plan for Vacation Day with The Merrill Hotel 116
- Make Money on YouTube Without Making A Video 109
- All You Need To Know About Cruises Departing From New York and New Jersey 108
- Revenue Insight emerges as world's leading business intelligence solution for hospitality industry
- Local Doctor to Release Book on Vision and Learning
- STC Software Solutions provides the best combination of offers for travelers around the world
- Springtime and Early Summer are Perfect Times to Visit Cute Koedo-Kawagoe
Similar on eTradeWire
- New Travel App OodyMate Empowers People to Eat Like a Local, with Locals
- Travelers Haven Focuses on End-to-End Customer Experience
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
- TourMega is growing as the largest AI-powered search engine and chatbot to serve travel activities
- New Viruses Create Urgent Need for Fresh Flight product
- Does Southwest Airlines offer Wi-Fi on the plane
- Zezgo Rent A Car today announce the imminent opening of two branches in Jordan as the rollout of the new premium brand
- Take Fun, Passion, Excitement to Next Level with Desert Safari UAE Latest Dubai Desert Safari Packages
- State of Yucatan Takes Home Two Travvys
- Grenada passports issued under their Citizenship by Investment ("CBI") reach all time high
C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment's Travel Salary Index – 2019
• Travel wages increase at fastest annual rate since 2012
• Senior travel salaries rise for fourth year in a row
• Pay for standard travel jobs only increases marginally
• North-south travel wage gap widens to 21 per cent
• Candidate and vacancy numbers both see annual falls
Travel wages rise again in 2019
Salaries for the average new job in travel increased by 4.99 per cent in 2019 to reach £28,196, according to the 2019 Travel Salary Index from C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment which surveyed all new vacancies registered with the companies during the year.
This marks the fifth consecutive year of growth, with travel wages now rising in eight of the past nine years.
More on eTradeWire News
- Artplex Exhibition: Degrees of Emergence
- Custom Home Builder Releases New Plan Designs
- "Lumberjack and friends To the Rescue!" by Nick Carter is published by New Generation Publishing
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- The Deal-Making Podcast You Should Be Listening To
There was also a rise in salaries for standard travel jobs (those paying up to £40,000) which increased by 0.62 per cent annually to stand at £24,942 in 2019 and have now increased every year since 2015.
Meanwhile, salaries for senior travel jobs (those paying £40,000 and above) increased for the fourth consecutive year with 5.37 per cent annual growth to reach an average figure of £58,589.
North-south wage gap widens
After narrowing in 2018, the north-south wage gap increased last year with the average travel job in the south paying £28,746 compared to £23,233 in the north, meaning the average travel employee in the south earned 21.21 per cent more than a worker in the north in 2019.
The wage gap stood at 17.23 per cent in 2018, 24.11 per cent in 2017, 21.86 per cent in 2016, 19.19 per cent in 2015, 17.97 per cent in 2014, 20.14 per cent in 2013 and 22.99 per cent in 2012.
Recruitment activity falls
Activity levels fell in the travel recruitment sector with the number of new candidates decreasing by 16 per cent in 2019 after dipping by 14 per cent in 2018. However, last year's total was still up by 2 per cent from 2016. Similarly, vacancy numbers fell by 9 per cent last year after also decreasing by 7 per cent in 2018, although 2019's total was still 4 per cent ahead of 2016's tally.
- Kobe Bryant signed and inscribed middle school yearbook is up for bid in Iconic Auctions online sale
- WHITE COLLAR CRIME - Renowned NYC Band Celebrates a New CD on the GingerNewYork TV Show in Manhattan
- Bear Stearns Companies Moves Into Expansion Mode
- Ghostwriters & Co Launches New Website
- Spring Boutique Vendor and Craft Show Sponsored by Montville Pet Parents
- Add a little shimmer and shine to your products!
- The Powerless & Insignificant Latino Voter/Candidate In 2020
- Nova Fine Art Presents 'god's Plan' By Renowned Artist Stony
- Road of No Return / Road to Hell Now Available on DVD from BayView Entertainment
- Watch Diet Product Review Video Including Bonuses for men and Women Looking to Lose Weight
- Want Different Hair? Africanmall Wigs & Hair Weave Will Rock You!!
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- KAMAR SKEETE "I Do It For The Culture"
- 3 Day Weekend Benefits - Start Your Side Business Now
- Alkaline Phosphatase Staining Kit
- Why good, kind, and positive people are always happier
- Assault Industries introduces a new UTV specific tool kit!
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present THE FOUR TOPS
- Lawton Improv Theatre Set To Release First Performance of the Year
- Gyms For Dogs Introduces The Cool Dog Splash Pool