Popular on eTradeWire
- HAIT Releases "I Wish I Could Hate You" Official Video
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- Orchard Audio Introduces Starkrimson® Stereo Ultra: a 500W Stereo Gallium Nitride (GaN) Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier
- DivcoWest completes purchase of 325 Hudson Street
- App & Website Aggregating Over $154 Million In Nationwide Vaccine Incentives, From BME Nonprofit
- Black Wall Street Anniversary inspires Dewayne Bryant & Candra Bryant to Build 40 home subdivision
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Show for May 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- Modular Wall Systems Offer a Fast and Flexible Solution for Interiors
- SOLMIMI Releases New Audio Adapter Headphone Splitter In 2021
- New M/M Romance - A Young Man's Fancy from Boroughs Publishing Group
Similar on eTradeWire
- Is Tuesday is the cheapest day to book an airline ticket
- FlightTonus Care Systems Inc. Looks Forward to International Travel Restart
- St Pete Talk joins the Canadian Snowbird Association talking Taxes | Snowbirds
- "Travel Mindset Survey" Aims to Give Marketers an Edge
- Travel Job Vacancies Rise For Seventh Successive Month
- As the World Returns to Normal, Liquid Core® Gum Company Marks the Comeback of Air Travel with "Live Life & FLY" Campaign
- FAA Requiring Airlines to Adjust for Heavier Passengers
- World Global Vacations making vacations for staycationers possible!
- AdvisorSmith Finds the Average Cost of Travel Insurance
- How do I avail Malaysian airlines cancellation and refund policy in COVID-19 pandemic
C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment reveal state of travel jobs market
- Number of travel jobs more than doubles in March
- Highest number of new vacancies in 12 months
- Placements also rise to post-pandemic high
The number of new travel jobs being created more than doubled in March, according to the latest figures from C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment.
Last month's total was easily the highest since the pandemic's first impact in March 2020 and means that the number of new travel vacancies has now increased for five months in a row.
March's figure was also down by a relatively light 18 per cent compared to the same month last year, which was far below the average year-on-year fall of 91 per cent from the past 12 months. However, it should be noted that the end of March 2020 was severely impacted by the onset of the virus.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tim Lukas Trains for Olympic Bobsled Team
- PixelPlex Provides Stellar AI Development Services
- Steele Restoration, roofing company and it's essential worker promise
- Upcoming Training Session for Volunteer-driven Nonprofit Leaders
- Toronto Used Cars for Sale At Nexcar Auto Sales & Leasing
Compared to March 2019, last month's number of new travel vacancies was down by 74 per cent, indicating that the industry still has a significant way to go before fully recovering.
Candidate numbers held relatively steady in March with a small two per cent dip from February. The total was 25 per cent below the figure seen last March, however this was the third smallest year-on-year fall since the pandemic began.
Placements also reach 12-month high
It was also a very positive month for placements, with more candidates placed in new travel jobs in March than at any point since the beginning of the pandemic. March 2021's total topped the previous high from last October and nearly tripled the number from February 2021.
Speaking about the stats, Barbara Kolosinska, Director at C&M Travel Recruitment (http://www.candm.co.uk/) and C&M Executive Recruitment, said: "The short-term outlook for the UK's travel industry remains unclear. However, we have now had five consecutive months of increasing travel vacancies which indicates that things are gradually picking up, forward bookings are being made, and travel companies are now looking to take on new talent to cope with the increased demand.
"Activity levels remain well down on what we were used to seeing before the pandemic began, but recent weeks have been very encouraging, with April also starting strongly."
- 8th Annual American Reality Television Awards – Presenters & Appearances
- Keto Recipes - Find the Best Recipes for your next meal or snack!
- State Credit Union Now Including Financing for Charging Stations with Electric Vehicle Car Loans
- Baby Santiago Debuts in New York City PimComedy
- Hear from Industry Experts at the 2nd annual Wearable Injectors and Connected Devices Conference
- Landmark multiple myeloma study completes enrolment and method development
- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils move to cloud GIS
- Ismail Sirdah on What to Prioritize When Hosting an Event
- Documentary Film , "Edge," Recieves First Round of Funding
- Can economic emancipation emerge from the political emancipation?
- Acorn Experts delve into the importance of employee satisfaction
- Minneapolis Criminal Lawyer Lynne Torgerson successfully avoids criminal sexual conduct charges
- STABLZ Tap to Adapt Technology Featured on FOX & Friends
- Sir Frost Says He's Now Fully Active!
- TVS Vintage Network TVS Classic Movies Network Add Jack Lemmon Collection on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Facebook Advertising Alternatives - Alternatives to Facebook for Small Business
- Claro anuncia nueva cobertura en poblaciones rurales del Ecuador
- My Unconditional Love For The Fatherless (My Brother & Me) On Father's Day
- Do the impossible. Forge it to I'm possible
- Tigerman Dojo and Museum Grand Opening | June 26, 2021 (The date of Elvis' last concert)