Popular on eTradeWire
- Multi-Media Entertainment Conglomerate, ZATA Entertainment, LLC. to Bring Diversity and Inclusion to Las Vegas - 606
- Ether-1 Cryptocurrency Price Up 900% in 2021 As Demand For It's Censorship-Proof Hosting Platform Skyrockets Organizations Push Back Against Big-Tech - 567
- Small Vermont Business Owner Gets a Big Break - 533
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 516
- 420 Enthusiasts Prepare to Celebrate Adult Use with Outdoor Shopping and Music Festival ft Hip-Hop group the Luniz - 506
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 479
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida - 419
- Reserve early if you plan visiting State and National Parks - 389
- Beyond Times Square Launches New Logo to Embrace the Future of Luxury Travel - 380
- Lets Yangtze River Cruise Fever Commence - 347
Similar on eTradeWire
- Andrews Federal Credit Union Wins 2021 Diamond Awards in Two Categories
- Prairie Celebrates Its 25th Anniversary
- National Association of Tax Professionals hires new manager of state chapter activity
- Savings Bank of Danbury named CT's seventh largest SBA lender by Small Business Administration
- Charles Arnell joins Fast Mobile Home Loans
- Why Banks Will Move Quickly to Sell Distressed Debt
- Social Security The Great Ponzi Scheme: "If This Book Doesn't Raise Your Blood Pressure, You'd Better Check For A Pulse!"
- Center Parc Credit Union Will Host Communal Art Pop-Up Party as Run-Up to Earth Day
- EDDIE TURNER Recognized As The #6 Motivational Speaker In The World!
- Corn City State Bank Selects ATM USA for ATM Outsourcing
The firm, with offices in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin, is contributing $25,000 in each city.
As an investment banking firm with deep ties to the state, SWS has helped finance clean water projects, new schools, parks, and transportation systems, among other initiatives.
SWS Vice Chair and equity partner Henry Cisneros is the former mayor of San Antonio and former U.S. HUD Secretary.
"The destruction caused by the recent storm not only dealt a severe blow to Texas' physical infrastructure, but it also took a heartbreaking toll on millions of people, cutting them off from food, water, warmth and, in many cases, critical medical care in the middle of a once-in-a-century pandemic," said Mr. Cisneros, who lives and works in San Antonio. "Sadly, some of our fellow Texans lost their lives. Now we must do everything we can to help those in need immediately, and then make sure we learn important lessons about improving our infrastructure so that we can avoid these kinds of disasters in the future."
More on eTradeWire News
- PODS® Las Vegas Offers Safe Moving Tips to Homeowners with Pets
- Dr. Nisar Hundewale joins ReFocus AI as Chief Data Officer
- Two CNN en Español Podcasts Have Been Nominated For The Latin Podcast Awards 2021
- Hundreds to Lace Up Their Shoes & Stretch Their Muscles During the Virtual Run Walk Ride for Lupus!
- Steve Muehler – Loans – Introduces "SJM Portfolio Commercial Construction Loans" Nationwide
"As a firm, we share a close bond with the people of Texas and have been working successfully with people and organizations across multiple sectors, in government and business, for many years," said SWS CEO and co-founder Suzanne Shank. "When I saw the suffering caused by the storm, I thought of my many friends in Texas and the millions of others who were facing life-threatening conditions. We started the Siebert Williams Shank Foundation so that we can help the communities where we have always lived and worked. It is our hope that we can do our small part to improve the lives of those who have been so terribly impacted."
"I was born and raised in Texas, where I still live today, and the devastation caused by this storm is one of the worst disasters we have endured," said Keith Richard, SWS Senior Managing Director and Head of Texas. "As I watched friends and neighbors struggling through this enormous challenge, I knew it was so important that our firm do everything we can to help the residents of our state recover and put their lives back together. We will continue to do our part to help ensure that the state rebuilds in a way that will protect us as much as possible from future crises."
More on eTradeWire News
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' #NIKE'Spicy'Tunes POP SMOKE - AP Chili'! BOOGIE Soundtrack! Spicy' NBA Mix!
- Dog Doors for Glass - Pet Doors for any type of glass door now available!
- My Survivalist Essentials: Stay Prepped With Natural Disaster And Survival Gear
- National Business Consulting Firm World Class Business Advisory now accepts Dogecoin as payment
- Fluid Life Launches New Unified Condition Monitoring Vibration Data Analysis Tool
The Foundation is contributing $25,000 each to the Dallas Mayor's Disaster Relief Fund, the Houston Harris County Winter Storm Relief Fund, the Let's Help SA emergency fund, and the Austin Community Foundation
- Capsule Messaging App Launches on Apple App Store
- Koei • Tama | Official Website Operations Guide - (Published)
- Uncommon Investment Advisors Introduces First ETF
- Former Campbell's Soup Executive Launches Innovative Food Brand with Large-Scale Give Back Program
- 4th Annual Baton Rouge Soul Food Festival
- Urease Inhibitor Screening Kit (Colorimetric)
- SYNNEX to Offer the FileFlex Enterprise Zero Trust Data Access (ZTDA) and Sharing Platform for Microsoft Azure via its ISV Experience Program
- Surviving the Pandemic: How One Beauty Brand Decided to Re-launched the during COVD-19 epidemic
- Animal Massage for Pet Guardians
- Cleanroom Wipe Dispenser Improves Process in Labs and Cleanrooms
- Rhonda Breckenridge LICSW, CBC, Awarded National Bariatric Board Certification
- Tips To Ensure A Quality Bathroom Renovation
- Southern Ocean Chamber Recognizes National Small Business & Tourism Week May 3-7
- GamePoint Launches Platform To Offer Users Unlimited Fitness Content
- Agile World Season 2 Finale Filmed this Week
- Arkansas Americana / Roots Artist Billy Jeter to Release Long-Awaited Album "Shineye Landing"
- Yaskawa's AutoSorter XN Provides Pre- and Post-Analytic Specimen Processing
- Creatures of Comfort by E.J. Suh is on SALE
- Coolfire Recognized in the 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Workstream Collaboration
- Revive Welcomes Michelle Sanchez as Designer and Project Manager