Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 116
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
- Lyn Ross of Institut' Dermed Prize Winner in the 2019 Skin Games Compassionate Category
Similar on eTradeWire
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies: Revealed
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
- Puerto Vallarta's Costa Sur Resort Offers A Distinctive Wedding Package For Couples And Their Guests
- New York Times Best-Selling Author Jonathan Cahn To Lead Biblical Mystery Tour Of Israel
- First Female Leaders in Travel Conclave hosted in Cancun
- World Of Speed Announces Racing Legend Mario Andretti And Carcast's Adam Carolla Live Onstage August 30
- Beach/Resort Area - Business Property/Investment Massachusetts
- Ontario Releases Wiikwemkoong Environmental Land Claim Report
- Michigan Trails Announces Annual Trail Award Winners to be Awarded During Trails Week
Three Rivers Cultural Festival Regional Coalition Awarded 2019 Commemoration, American Evolution Finale Grant
The month-long Virginia Customs, Cultures and Cuisine Festival, presented by TowneBank, will be filled with local, regional and statewide events honoring early Virginia history with cultures and styles that have shaped America over 400 years. This special capstone to the 2019 Commemoration will foster statewide participation, tourism, marketing and promotion, and public events to create a contemporary experience for all ages.
RESILIENCE: Three Rivers Cultural Festival is the inaugural regional event in 2019 designed to celebrate the region's multicultural customs, cultures & cuisine in communities along the Pamunkey, Mattaponi & York Rivers with food, art, music, hands-on archaeology, exhibits and theatrical performances.
According to Theresa Sirles, Three Rivers Trail, "The coalition of collaborative partners plans to create a sustainable annual event and interactive visitor itinerary where regional neighbors gather to celebrate the phenomenal beauty, strength, resilience and rich history of the waterways and the people who have called this area home, past and present." The group plans to engage local nonprofits, museums, small businesses and 2019 Commemoration schools throughout the year to highlight Virginia's best kept secret—the three rivers region.
More on eTradeWire News
- How to Play Sudoku - How to Solve a Sudoku for Beginners
- Chicago rapper shares five tips for upstart musicians
- My Family's Favorite Crock Pot Dinners
- Fishman & Associates Supports Design of the New Café Venice
- Military Writers Society of America (MWSA) Announces its 2019 Season Awards Finalists
A few highlights of what to expect in November 2019:
Three Rivers Cultural Festival:
Saturday, November 9th
1300 Hockley Lane, Shacklefords, VA
12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Music, art, oysters, BBQ, hands-on archaeology, a special performance of "Union Tooth & Nail—the Pamunkey Indian Tribe & the Civil War", a multicultural food village, history exhibits, art, Virginia beer & wine, live music, and so much more on the historic waterfront.
In addition to the Veterans Day Weekend event at Hockley, the group will publish a detailed itinerary which includes special performances and exhibits by Arts Alive, the West Point Library, local museums, historic sites and community food drives throughout the month of November as we invite everyone to come home to Virginia and celebrate all that the three rivers region has to offer.
The Virginia Customs, Culture and Cuisine Festival is a strategic part of the larger 2019 Commemoration (https://www.americanevolution2019.com/), that recognizes the 400th anniversary of pivotal 1619 Virginia events (https://www.americanevolution2019.com/about/his...) that forever changed the trajectory of Virginia and America's history. These 1619 events include the first official English Thanksgiving in North America, the arrival of the first recorded Africans to English North America, the recruitment of English women in significant numbers to the Virginia colony, the launch of entrepreneurship and innovation in the Commonwealth and more!
More on eTradeWire News
- John Travolta To Make Wizard World Debut In Chicago, Saturday, August 24
- Best Empowering Book By A Latino 2019
- A High-Flying Online Web-Store Selling Silver Jewellery Announces Its Latest Collection Of Silver Rings
- Greater Twin Cities Honda Dealers Giving Away a 2019 Honda Passport at Minnesota State Fair
- Lola's Lashes bring game-changing magnetic lashes and eyeliner to the UK
About the Three Rivers 2019 Commemoration Coalition
The Three Rivers Coalition is a collaborative group of community members and organizations dedicated to the celebration of customs, cultures & cuisine in communities all along the Pamunkey, Mattaponi & York Rivers. The plan is to engage additional partners throughout the year to create a sustainable annual event which showcases all that this historic region has to offer.
2019 Commemoration Finale grant partners include:
- Pamunkey Indian Museum & Cultural Center
- West Point Public Schools
- Fairfield Foundation
- Arts Alive
- Middle Peninsula African American Genealogical & Historical Society
- Gloucester Parks, Recreation & Tourism
- Middle Peninsula Alliance
- Beverly Allen Historic Preservation Foundation
- Three Rivers Trail
- Pamunkey Regional Library, West Point Branch
The 2019 Commemoration, American Evolution highlights events that occurred in Virginia in 1619 that continue to influence America today. Featured programs, events and legacy projects position Virginia as a leader in education, tourism and economic development. American Evolution™ commemorates the ongoing journey toward the key ideals of democracy, diversity and opportunity. Dominion Energy is an American Evolution Founding Partner and Altria Group and TowneBank are Virginia Colony Partners.
Three Rivers 2019 Commemoration Coalition
- EMI Filters for PWM-Driven Motors Prevent Bearing Damage and Reduce EMI in Equipment
- Can we wrap, letter and decal your entire fleet of trucks, no matter how big or small? YES, WE CAN!
- New Graphic Design Service Offers Unbeatable Prices
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Learn about the Opportunity Zone in Flagler County Aug. 20
- Concierge Auctions' Summer Mountain Auction Kicks off with Six Global Sales and Record Price in Wyoming
- Dustin Burrows resigns as caucus chair amid allegations, will Burrows make a statement?
- The Partnership to Provide Detroit Jazz Fest Shuttles Continues
- Interview with Dr. Tony Nettleman of Nettleman Institute of Land Surveying Engineering Technology
- Amateur Treasure Hunter From New Mexico Wins The Tesla Dream Giveaway!
- Experienced Financial Advisor Chooses Cutter & Company in Launching Her Own Independent Firm
- IoT Data Logging with Expert Devices
- Work 365 Sync for Self-Service and Provisioning Automation
- Celebrity Charity Football Tournament at Seaford FC in Sussex for 4 Charities
- Bravo's Married To Medicine Reality Star Draws Breast Cancer Survivors to Atlanta's City Hall
- Gaslowitz Frankel Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Jazz Across the Water, Bordum and Rhodes
- Kelley Kronenberg's Alison Verges Walters Named a Top Women Leader in Accounts Receivable
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- The Beautiful Day Un Dia Bonito Magazine inspired by the Show hitting the Tri-State region