Popular on eTradeWire
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 800
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 547
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 165
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels 112
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- We now stock HP Pavilion 15-CK Laptop Parts
- Introducing Noy Marom, "Follow Your Bliss"
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction, Romance Novel – Change Of Heart
Similar on eTradeWire
- Enjoy 'Book Now, Pay Later' Offer from KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals for Your Next Vacation in the Florida Keys
- Mahana Fresh Welcomes Cat & Mike Whitehurst!
- Family Experiences at Holiday Inn Vana Nava Hua Hin
- Programme launched to influence sustainability of 10 billion meals eaten out of home every year
- Life is too short.. Don't Travel Alone
- Greater Shreveport Chamber Welcomes Sister City Delegation from Czech Republic
- Celebrate the 4th of July party at the Bahamas resort: Book 6-nights vacation and get the 7th night absolutely free
- Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance Applauds Introduction of Recreation Passport Reforms
- Paw Patrol at Churnet Valley Railway - Be There On The Double!
- Key West's own Chris Thomas Music wins WeddingWire Couples Choice Award 2019 for the Florida Keys
Three Rivers Cultural Festival Regional Coalition Awarded 2019 Commemoration, American Evolution Finale Grant
The month-long Virginia Customs, Cultures and Cuisine Festival, presented by TowneBank, will be filled with local, regional and statewide events honoring early Virginia history with cultures and styles that have shaped America over 400 years. This special capstone to the 2019 Commemoration will foster statewide participation, tourism, marketing and promotion, and public events to create a contemporary experience for all ages.
RESILIENCE: Three Rivers Cultural Festival is the inaugural regional event in 2019 designed to celebrate the region's multicultural customs, cultures & cuisine in communities along the Pamunkey, Mattaponi & York Rivers with food, art, music, hands-on archaeology, exhibits and theatrical performances.
According to Theresa Sirles, Three Rivers Trail, "The coalition of collaborative partners plans to create a sustainable annual event and interactive visitor itinerary where regional neighbors gather to celebrate the phenomenal beauty, strength, resilience and rich history of the waterways and the people who have called this area home, past and present." The group plans to engage local nonprofits, museums, small businesses and 2019 Commemoration schools throughout the year to highlight Virginia's best kept secret—the three rivers region.
More on eTradeWire News
- Else Nutrition, Plant-Based Food Startup, Receives Huge Welcome on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Luna Energy Partner's Multi-Warehouse Lighting Retrofit Project
- Your Fishing Fun: Discover Essential Fishing Gear for Memorable Fishing Adventures
- SunTech Drive Announces Nomination for Colorado Companies to Watch Award
- Owens & Brigham Teams with Luna Energy Partners for Massive Energy Savings
A few highlights of what to expect in November 2019:
Three Rivers Cultural Festival:
Saturday, November 9th
1300 Hockley Lane, Shacklefords, VA
12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Music, art, oysters, BBQ, hands-on archaeology, a special performance of "Union Tooth & Nail—the Pamunkey Indian Tribe & the Civil War", a multicultural food village, history exhibits, art, Virginia beer & wine, live music, and so much more on the historic waterfront.
In addition to the Veterans Day Weekend event at Hockley, the group will publish a detailed itinerary which includes special performances and exhibits by Arts Alive, the West Point Library, local museums, historic sites and community food drives throughout the month of November as we invite everyone to come home to Virginia and celebrate all that the three rivers region has to offer.
The Virginia Customs, Culture and Cuisine Festival is a strategic part of the larger 2019 Commemoration (https://www.americanevolution2019.com/), that recognizes the 400th anniversary of pivotal 1619 Virginia events (https://www.americanevolution2019.com/about/his...) that forever changed the trajectory of Virginia and America's history. These 1619 events include the first official English Thanksgiving in North America, the arrival of the first recorded Africans to English North America, the recruitment of English women in significant numbers to the Virginia colony, the launch of entrepreneurship and innovation in the Commonwealth and more!
More on eTradeWire News
- Lipman Family Farms hosts 8th annual Backpack Giveaway
- Mike's Campout: Products to Prepare for Your Next Adventure
- Top Doctor- Dr. Sasha Haberle of Metrolina Dermatology
- Vic Datta is Recognized as an NACD Governance Fellow
- Perle launches DIN Rail Patch Panels
About the Three Rivers 2019 Commemoration Coalition
The Three Rivers Coalition is a collaborative group of community members and organizations dedicated to the celebration of customs, cultures & cuisine in communities all along the Pamunkey, Mattaponi & York Rivers. The plan is to engage additional partners throughout the year to create a sustainable annual event which showcases all that this historic region has to offer.
2019 Commemoration Finale grant partners include:
- Pamunkey Indian Museum & Cultural Center
- West Point Public Schools
- Fairfield Foundation
- Arts Alive
- Middle Peninsula African American Genealogical & Historical Society
- Gloucester Parks, Recreation & Tourism
- Middle Peninsula Alliance
- Beverly Allen Historic Preservation Foundation
- Three Rivers Trail
- Pamunkey Regional Library, West Point Branch
The 2019 Commemoration, American Evolution highlights events that occurred in Virginia in 1619 that continue to influence America today. Featured programs, events and legacy projects position Virginia as a leader in education, tourism and economic development. American Evolution™ commemorates the ongoing journey toward the key ideals of democracy, diversity and opportunity. Dominion Energy is an American Evolution Founding Partner and Altria Group and TowneBank are Virginia Colony Partners.
Three Rivers 2019 Commemoration Coalition
- Trucker Huss Director Freeman Levinrad Named President of NIPA San Francisco Chapter
- Adjustable High-Speed Acquisition for Test and Simulation
- bisco Announces Authorization for Advanced Thermal Solutions
- Reggae Report Publisher Releases "Reggae Trilogy Vol. 1: 200+ 80s & 90s Artist Headshots"
- Omnichain Recognized on Supply & Demand Chain Executive's Top 100 Supply Chain Projects List
- LARC Aiming for Ability Clay Shooting Tournament Raises $14,000
- Las Vegas Latino Bar Association Plans ¡Andale! 5K to Help Equalize Law School Admissions
- Holli Bryant Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Evolve IP Revolutionizes DaaS Delivery with High Security, Flexibility and User Experience
- OTCWagon Initiates Coverage on Hawkeye Gold and Diamond, Inc. (V:HAWK)
- Rosario Central USA Earns Promotion to UPSL Division I Florida Central Division
- Home Renovation and Improvement
- The Dieringer Research Group Named One of Wisconsin's Fastest Growing Firms
- Cookie & Milk: A Scientifically Stunt-tastic Sisterhood
- Orange Effect Foundation Expands with Addition of New Board Members
- The Las Vegas Latino Bar Association fundraises to equalize law school
- Long Island School of Rock Students to Perform at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Tuesday
- The Buzzards of the Buttery Inn
- Who is Cyril Grayson? An Intimate Look Inside the Life of Saints New Wide Receiver
- St. James Infirmary Promotes Anita O'Shea and Myron Parker