Popular on eTradeWire
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Features 'Book Now, Pay Later' Special Offer 124
- Full Schedule for the Women in Travel Summit North America Released 123
- 'Around the World Open House' features $20G in giveaways 117
- Celebrate National Plan for Vacation Day with The Merrill Hotel 116
- Make Money on YouTube Without Making A Video 109
- All You Need To Know About Cruises Departing From New York and New Jersey 108
- Revenue Insight emerges as world's leading business intelligence solution for hospitality industry
- Local Doctor to Release Book on Vision and Learning
- STC Software Solutions provides the best combination of offers for travelers around the world
- Springtime and Early Summer are Perfect Times to Visit Cute Koedo-Kawagoe
Similar on eTradeWire
- X-MAT® wins nearly $1 million Department of Energy contract for battery research
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- High School Student Researcher Elucidates the Anti-Cancer Activity of EGCG in Green Tea
- AESA Awards STEM Scholarship to PhD Candidate Careen Khachatoorian
- The Association of Boards of Certification Donation to Operators Without Borders Funds Deployment of Water and Wastewater Operators to the Bahamas
- Specim expanding their drone compatible spectral camera family
- Bill Nye the Science Guy Dazzles Junior High Students at Arizona Speaker Series Event
- UK lateral flow rapid test manufacturing specialist confirms expansion
- Jet Drone Startup New Frontier Aerospace Announces Leadership Appointment
- The First Tesla 1 Sustainable Living Off-Grid Community Development
• D. Rick Sumner, Ph.D., AAA President and Chair of Cell & Molecular Medicine at Rush Medical College (Section on Medical Sciences);
• Lynne Opperman, Ph.D., AAA President 2013-2015 and Regents Professor and Head of Biomedical Sciences at Texas A&M College of Dentistry (Section on Dentistry and Oral Health Sciences); and
• David Ornitz, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Editor of Developmental Dynamics and Alumni Endowed Professor of Developmental Biology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis (Section on Biological Sciences).
The rank of AAAS Fellow is a lifetime distinction that celebrates individual AAAS members for "extraordinary achievements across disciplines." The full list of 2019 AAAS Fellows is available at aaas.org.
"The broad influence of AAA is apparent in the fact that each of these scholars represents a different section of AAAS," said Valerie Burke DeLeon, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Anthropology at the University of Florida and President-Elect of AAA. "It's further evidence that AAA members do great science."
More on eTradeWire News
- Artplex Exhibition: Degrees of Emergence
- Custom Home Builder Releases New Plan Designs
- "Lumberjack and friends To the Rescue!" by Nick Carter is published by New Generation Publishing
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- The Deal-Making Podcast You Should Be Listening To
For these new AAAS Fellows, great science is also about great leadership.
"One of the things that stands out to me about this particular group of scholars is their commitment to supporting the professional development of young anatomists," remarked DeLeon. "I know each of them to be generous with their attention, time, and resources, and I am grateful to them."
She elaborated, "Dr. Opperman's papers on cranial suture biology had a major impact on the development of my own research, and Dr. Ornitz generously shared a valuable mouse model when I was starting my own research lab. Drs. Sumner and Opperman are modeling the way for me and many others, not just in science and medicine, but also in their leadership of the AAA."
Drs. Sumner, Opperman, and Ornitz are well regarded for the quality and impact of their research in areas such as bone regeneration, craniofacial development, and tissue regeneration, among others. All three have previously been recognized as AAA Fellows for their contributions to advancing the anatomical sciences. The full list of AAA Fellows is available at anatomy.org.
More on eTradeWire News
- Insignificant Latino's Unsolicited Advice To Mike Bloomberg In 2020
- Its Time to Make Commercial Cleaning a Priority in Your Office
- Singer-songwriter guests on Deeper Than Music on iHeart Radio
- Director, Producer, and Special Effects Guru Joe Castro guests on Deeper Than Music on IHeart Radio
- Filmmaker Antoine Allen Showcases Female Empowerment in new Film LOLA
About AAA: The American Association for Anatomy is an international membership organization of biomedical researchers and educators specializing in the structural foundation of health and disease. AAA connects gross anatomists, neuroscientists, developmental biologists, physical anthropologists, cell biologists, physical therapists, and others to advance the anatomical sciences through research, education, and professional development.
- Why good, kind, and positive people are always happier
- Assault Industries introduces a new UTV specific tool kit!
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present THE FOUR TOPS
- Lawton Improv Theatre Set To Release First Performance of the Year
- Gyms For Dogs Introduces The Cool Dog Splash Pool
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- Referral Program Rewards and Incentives: Save & Go Beyond Quotes
- Exclusive Screening launches the Beautiful Day Un Dia Bonito Show Season 3
- What Is Betterment in Auto Insurance?
- Panel Built Modular Pump Houses Offer Convenient Protection with Quick Installation
- First Bancorp Of Indiana, Inc. Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend
- New Missouri Association of Manufacturers Board of Directors
- Physiotherapy Appointments Available at Clinic in Knowle Village
- City Barbeque opening in New Albany, Ohio on March 2
- Griot Gala Oscars 2020 Party Celebrates Diversity & Inclusion
- Fast Tilt Retaining Walls Construction Event Extended - Register Now
- Looking how to protect your money and income from Medicaid by Les Robinson CLTC
- Warfighter Palooza Coming To Glendale
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- CJV Real Estate Has a New Listing in Denver, CO 80203