Popular on eTradeWire
- Anton R. Williams, Head of Global Missions Org, Expands Global Humanitarian and Mission Operations - 128
- Anton R. Williams, West MI Business Owner and Philanthropist, Contributes From Distinct History - 109
- Miami Dade College with Khawam Presents Crossing Borders Artists from the Middle East & the Americas - 106
- Widowed South Yorkshire Author Ric Hart releases 5th & final bereavement book for his son Hugo afte
- Criminal Investigation of Trump Halted
- RARE FRUIT COUNCIL INT'L to Host Tropical Fruit Tree & Edible Plant Sale Next Month in WPB
- Bruneau & Co. will auction the Henry Anderson collection of Golden Age comics Saturday, October 1st
- Youth Gun Safety Incorporated, A Responsible Way to Keep our Children Safe
- Top Girl Scout Cookie Seller Makayla D. Cox Receives Retiring City & County of Los Angeles Recognition
- Nikki A Lamers Announces the Release of The Unforgettable Summer
Similar on eTradeWire
- How to Prevent Your Security Cameras From Being Hacked
- Embarc Collective & ReliaQuest Host Florida's Premiere Women Investor Program - Glaring Gap Summit
- Solutions Granted Inc. Named to MSSP Alert's Top 250 MSSPs List for 2022
- Wohler expands sales team with new hire in the Middle East
- NYC-Based Founder of DragonFly Ventures Wins CloudAttack Hackathon
- XDR Alliance Welcomes New Member ReliaQuest
- Digital Watchdog® Launches Blackjack® Ai™ Servers
- DW® Adds Industry Veteran as Distribution Channel Manager
- DW® Adds New Country Manager for Canada
- CCTV & Security Cameras: Are They the Same?
Nuspire's data reveals a significant increase in overall threat activity across malware, botnet and exploits. Malware events increased over 25%, botnets doubled over the first quarter and exploit activity grew by nearly 150%, buoyed by the Log4j vulnerability.
"We witnessed a stunning escalation in threat activity in Q2, and while it's not a surprise given increased attack opportunities like remote work, it's still a worrying development and one we cannot ignore," said JR Cunningham, Chief Security Officer at Nuspire. "Attackers have always looked for the easiest way to profit from their targets, and because basic attacks like phishing continue to work, it's clear organizations need to shore up their fundamental security practices like patching and user awareness training. It's also critical organizations conduct regular reviews of their security programs to safeguard against a nonstop flow of potentially serious disruptive threats."
More on eTradeWire News
- Corporate Leaders, PGA Tour Winners, and HR Luminaries Highlight Make Work Better Summit
- Kilimanjaro Sunrise Launches 2024 Kilimanjaro Group Climb Dates
- Point Blank Firearms Academy Adds New Online Off-Body Purse/Bag Course
- Colliers | Houston earns top honors at the 2022 Real Estate Awards
- Water Reclamation Facility in Moorpark informing future drought resilience
Additional notable findings from Nuspire's Q2 2022 Threat Report include:
- VBA agent activity, which has been one of the top offenders over the past year in Nuspire's Quarterly Threat Reports, has significantly decreased as predicted last quarter, due to Microsoft's announcement of blocking them by default.
- A substantial increase in botnet activity near the end of Q2, attributed to Torpig Mebroot botnet, which is a banking trojan designed to scrape and collect credit card and payment information from infected devices. Torpig Mebroot is particularly difficult to detect and remove, as it infects the victim machine's master boot record.
- Manufacturing is the world's most attacked industry vertical. Our data shows the LockBit ransomware gang and Dynamite Panda (APT18) as two of the most prevalent threats to the manufacturing industry in the second quarter.
"Organizations continue to struggle balancing the need to protect against an onslaught of threats with the concurrent need for employees to properly manage digital sovereignty requirements," said Craig Robinson, Research Vice President for Security Services at IDC. "This is why we're seeing the market becoming more receptive to increasing and enhancing internal security training. This combined with tools like multi-factor authentication and endpoint detection, as well as services like MDR, can make all the difference in an organization's security posture."
More on eTradeWire News
- Celebrity Halloween Masquerade Bash Hosted by Inspirational Rapper and Public Speaker, J-Rob
- Popular Children's Series Releases Halloween Themed Adventure!
- Procurement Partners Adds Industry Veterans to Leadership Team to Support Growth
- Scottsdale Philharmonic to Open Season Oct. 9 under Direction of Full-time, World-class Conductor
- Knobull Support Tools Smooth The Career Transition Process
Learn more about protecting your organization from increasing cyber threats and download Nuspire's Q2 2022 Quarterly Threat Report - https://www.nuspire.com/resources/q2-2022-threa... (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nuspire.com_resources_q2-2D2022-2Dthreat-2Dreport_&d=DwMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=iLkXJhVODod_3-FqHGo0zqyqfQDgffOrn_DHO-50Wl8&m=zEp6KPY6RVgd_ghXoHENGgQL2...)
For more information, visit www.nuspire.com.
- Beautiful home to be proud of can be yours!
- Global flooring manufacturer Responsive Industries establishes operations in Greenville, SC
- Triunfo Water & Sanitation District Board Approves Reducing Sprinkler Irrigation Time
- Four Time Grammy-Nominated Artist Oleta Adams Coming to The Weinberg Center
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage
- Revenue Cloud Architecture and Engineering Firm RevSystems at Astro Days Tech Conference NYC 2022
- DentalVibe Technology Relieves Patients' Anxiety And Pain At Advanced Endodontics Of New York!
- Local Seo North Shore: Affordably Rank for Lucrative Keywords
- Patients Can Now Get Treated With Digital X-Rays At The Periodontal Implant Associates Office!
- Artificial Intelligence in Integrated Health Continuing Education Webinar Now Available from Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies
- Our Texas Center For Oral Surgery & Dental Implants Office Introduces The Asiga Max 3D Printer!
- Excel Dental And Implant Center Introduces The New Primescan Intraoral Scanner Into Their Lab!
- Primera Foundation Hosts 2nd Annual STEMFEST Event at Brookfield Zoo
- Paul Hudson to Stand as Candidate for ESOMAR Council 2023
- SEM Link begins third cohort of STEM Journal Club with New curriculum and Partners
- Author Diane Orr's new book "Odin and Freya's Big Surprise" where Odin meets Freya
- Scarecrow Fest offers pumpkin-themed activities at Frankenmuth River Place Shops
- PARTEX welcomes Assay.Works to its Digital Pharma Platform
- XPeng Chairman increases holdings