Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 187
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 179
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 163
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 153
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 153
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated 124
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 124
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward 105
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020 105
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
Similar on eTradeWire
- Federal government shutdown postpones World Children's Festival on The National Mall
- Healthcare MBA Charts New Path for Professionals
- Thiel College physics professor chosen for NetVUE conference on student engagement with vocation
- Check Point and Cympire Execute Cyber Training Agreement
- CME Symposium- Managing LDL-C with PCSK9 Inhibitors: Identifying the Patients, Optimizing the Outcomes
- CME Symposium- Reducing LDL-C and Cardiovascular Risk with Nonstatin Therapy: From Evidence to Practice
- A Day Without Educators Within OUSD
- BrainWare Learning Company Teams with LiteracyPlanet
- Wisconsin Superintendent of the Year Joins Studer Education
- Innocent Lives Foundation hires Shane McCombs as COO and adds Robin Dreeke, former head of FBI Behavioral Analysis Program, to Board of Directors
Thiel College (https://www.thiel.edu/) is a leading private college in northwest Pennsylvania.
Gallagher's research—one of over 100 presentations made at the 41st Annual National Institute for the Teaching of Psychology—was awarded the Frank Costin Memorial Award for Excellence for the research judged by the Institute faculty as best promoting quality teaching methods. Gallagher presented her work at the four-day event in St. Pete Beach, Fla. from Jan. 3-6. The Institute is the premier national venue to present work on the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Gallagher's presentation, "Using 'Make & Take Quizzes' to Win the Triple Crown of Teaching – A Simple Strategy to Encourage Spaced Practice, Retrieval Practice, and Elaboration," reported on the success of an innovative in-class quizzing strategy she developed and began testing in the fall of 2016 at Thiel. In her research, Gallagher showed how students who participated in the 'Make & Take Quizzes' had significant improvements in course outcomes, such as higher exam grades and better study habits.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy reminds No RX required for PT in Illinois
- Rotary Club of Flagler Beach to Host Race of the Runway for Rotary Fundraiser Feb. 2nd
- UK Singer/Songwriter Rob Palladino Releases Highly Anticipated Debut Album "Spirit Trail"
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Tucson Moving and Storage Leader
- Maria Raquel Thomas Named Featured Slimer at Largest DC Slime Expo
- Federal Government Employees Without Pay Get Free Jumps At Sky Zone Joliet
- Jim Stepanich of RTP Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy announces their Fourth Anniversary
Gallagher plans to publish her research in an empirical journal in the year ahead, while also continuing her research in the classroom.
About Thiel College
Thiel College (https://www.thiel.edu/) is a private liberal arts institution founded in the Lutheran tradition. Located in Greenville, Pa., the College offers 60 majors and minors, 25 varsity sports, and an 11:1 student-faculty ratio to more than 900 students. A dedicated faculty paired with dynamic research and internship opportunities produce numerous graduate school and job placements. Coeducational from its beginnings, the College celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2016 and remains committed to combining tradition with innovation.
- Hanley Investment Group Arranges Sale of New Raising Cane's in Minneapolis Metro Area
- Women on the Rise NY, Inc. to exhibit at the National Stationery Show in NYC
- Tagrail Releases New Version of Their Digital Retail Platform at NADA in San Francisco
- Euphrates Vascular announces FDA clearance of the ICHOR Reperfusion System
- Energetic Lighting is proud to introduce its new Adjustable Wall Packs and Small Flood light Series
- SantosHuman Inc., U Ottawa, and U Waterloo Partner to Research Canadian Soldier Performance Tool
- Deborah Von Brod of DNA Films Reality Tv pairs up with Kaola King of Kateha Music
- Breakouts Announced for The Orange Conference 2019
- Seasoned Bankruptcy and Finance Attorney Jed Donaldson Joins Vandeventer Black
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Las Vegas Moving and Storage Leader
- SCBIO Announces 2019 Executive Committee for State's Life Sciences Organization Board of Directors
- TN Visa for Mexican and American Citizens - A Technical Writer's Success Story
- Strata Solar Achieves Zero Occurrences of Injuries In 2018
- Submissions Open for the Fourth Installment in Appalachian Anthologies Collection
- Models Coming Soon to Lennar's Discovery at Western Enclave!
- Healthcare MBA Charts New Path for Professionals
- Engelheim Vineyards Earns Winery Of Distinction Award in the 2018 Georgia Trustees Wine Competition
- Intrinsic Quality, LLC announces National Instruments Certified Alliance Partnership
- Alexander Sachs And Brian Peterson Arrange $3.15 Million Retail Sale To Private Buyer
- Delphin DAQ System Performs Fault Diagnosis Test on a CT Scanner