Popular on eTradeWire
- Anton R. Williams, West MI Business Owner and Philanthropist, Contributes From Distinct History - 219
- Anton R. Williams, Head of Global Missions Org, Expands Global Humanitarian and Mission Operations - 209
- Miami Dade College with Khawam Presents Crossing Borders Artists from the Middle East & the Americas - 114
- Practical Nursing Program at Carrington College Receives Approval from New Mexico Board of Nursing - 105
- Green Office Partner ranked #23 on Crain's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Chicago! - 102
- Equinox To The Rescue-How To Get Your Life Back In Balance Now
- Mystery Thriller Film "Mile 19" Announces VOD Release Date and Three City Promo Tour
- SJVC Announces New Online Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management
- Criminal Investigation of Trump Halted
- Survivor Of Domestic Violence Offers Hope To Victims With Inspirational Book
Similar on eTradeWire
- Next-generation Supply Chain Resilience from SiliconExpert to Debut at Electronica 2022
- Gordon Judd Joins Nationwide Boiler as New Business Development Executive
- What Do I Do if My Logger Says "Self-Test Failed?"
- Magna Imperio Systems® Closes on $45M Funding Facility
- Floodproofing.com and Walz & Krenzer Agreement Brings Together Two Industry Leaders
- All-in-one power solution optimises hydraulic services for Hansa-Flex in the field
- SiliconExpert Brings Unique Products for Supply Chain Management with New Insights into Open Market
- Anilox sleeves made to order are a MECA specialty
- Regency DRT opens new branches in Ocala and St. Petersburg, Florida
- Laser-View Technologies, Inc. and O'Leary & Associates, Inc. announce Representation Agreement
Temperature is probably the most common parameter measured by our data loggers. Some devices like the TandD TR71A come bundled with general-purpose temperature sensors while other systems such as the dataTaker DT80 Universal Input data logger require the user to provide sensors. Now, there are quite a number of different kinds of devices that can provide an electrical output proportional to a temperature such as a thermocouple, resistance temperature detector (RTD), thermistors, and so on.
Basic Sensor Principles
In typical everyday applications, the most common sensor types are thermocouples, RTD's, and thermistors. In evaluating which to use, it is useful to understand how these devices convert temperature into an electrical signal that can be measured by a data logger. Of all of the different types of temperature sensors, thermocouples are the most common. On the surface, the thermocouple is a very simple device; it consists of wires made from 2 different metal alloy wires that are twisted, welded, or fused together creating what is known as the junction.
More on eTradeWire News
- Prolific American Political Author Launches Legacy Books Website
- museLIVE - The Future of Web3 Live Music
- Promoting Homes To More Buyers For MORE Money
- Top digital competition selects STEM City Metaverse & High-Tech Sunday Podcast as W3 Award Winners
- Giving Our Military A DAY OF FREE Thursday, October 13, 2022
There are 2 very important practical considerations of using thermocouples:
- The voltage that is created is very small, typically in the range of -.01 to +.06 volts
- The voltage is proportional to the difference in temperature between the junction and the ends of wires which requires a second independent temperature measurement at the point where the wires connect to the instrument called the reference junction temperature to derive the actual temperature at the junction.
More on eTradeWire News
- Meridian Springs has partnered with Medprime Direct to launch Custom Healthplan-as-a-Service Offering in Houston
- Lady La Returns to Valley Radio
- General Price List (GPL) For Over 50% of Atlanta's Funeral Providers Now Available Online
- "SHREK" Creator William Steig's First Illustration-For-Hire Found in Maryland Attic- AND IT'S a DOOZY
- SJ Auctioneers' online-only Fall for the Auction of Collectibles sale will be held on October 23rd
First, they have a more limited temperature measurement range than thermocouples. Second, since the resistance is relatively low, typically 100 ohms, the resistance of the lead wires between the sensor and the measuring device can have a significant impact on the accuracy of the measurement. It's for this reason that RTDs are often configured to use a 3 or 4-wire connection to improve the measurement accuracy.
The third common type of temperature sensor is thermistors which are a specialized type of electrical resistor, often a semiconducting material that has a non-linear relationship between temperature and resistance.
At CAS DataLoggers, we work every day with callers to provide them with the ideal solution for their businesses. Give us a call at 800-956-4437 or visit us at https://www.dataloggerinc.com.
- Tech Entrepreneur Turns to Rap to Inspire Others
- World's Fastest Inorganic Arsenic Analytical Field Test Kit
- L-Tron Supports PA Law Enforcement at Crash Reconstruction Training Conference
- HD PHYSICAL THERAPY Recognizes National PT Month by Helping You Overcome Barriers to Movement
- Lisa Mininni of Excellerate Associates Named Women Business Enterprise Volunteer of the Year
- Fashion Group International Atlanta Announces Raquel Riley Thomas as New Executive Board Member
- Electives, Inc. Sets Stage for Long-Term Growth with Key Hires
- Waterside Productions Announces David M. Huffman's Book "Coming of Age in Yellowstone National Park"
- Colorado's Largest Witch Festival, "WitchFest", October 21-22
- CareCloud to Exhibit at SHEC Career Connect 2022
- ESL LineSelect Model 9744 High Density 32-Channel RJ11/12 A/B Switch Allows Quick and Easy Switching
- Las Vegas Headliner Don Barnhart Extends Residency At Jokesters Comedy Club
- New Smart Mouse uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Voice Recognition Technology to Improve Business Productivity
- Hip-Hop star Miranda Writes & iNTeLL son of Wu-Tang Clan's U-God team up for smash new single
- ACC STL Chapter Celebrates 2022 National Pro Bono Month
- Broadway to support the Bushkill Emergency Corps 3rd Annual Gala October 29th
- GitKraken Launches Free Git Certification for Software Developers at October Tech Conference
- Fall of the Wolf, a new release by R. L. "Red" Heron
- Benchmark Intl Facilitated The Trans Btwn Dover Foods, Inc. & Transylvania Vocational Services, Inc
- Evotech launches its myBEMS AI technology to cut building running costs