Popular on eTradeWire
- The Kawagoe Tobu Hotel Celebrates its 6-Month Anniversary on December 29, 2020 - 511
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 508
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 426
- Weinberg Center Presents Virtual Concert - Jeff Daniels Alive and Well Enough - 289
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 227
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 199
- Unique one of a kind music project! Hear how Lithuanian language sounds like combined with French - 193
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 182
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 155
- Merger of Two Prominent General Contractors in DFW - 133
Similar on eTradeWire
- Author's new book receives a warm literary welcome
- Author invents quirky future dialect of English for a literary tale of revenge
- Former Hudson Review Film Critic's Memoir Proves You Never Truly Leave Home
- My Downward Spiral: A Believer's Journey from Addiction to Serenity
- Why Ethical Living Is Vital For Your Wellbeing
- Seventy Two Authors Snag The Firebird Book Awards
- BHC Press Announces 2021 Pushcart Prize Nominees
- "The Love Hex," rom-com inspired novel explores the mysterious nature of love
- Ken Whitt's "God Is Just Love" to be Published by Read the Spirit Books
- "Under the Roman Sky" by G. W. Hixon is published
"The Yuletide Caper" is an uplifting tale that both depicts the real situations many nursing home residents find themselves in, and reminds readers that the facility does not necessarily define the individual. As Salter explains, "Certainly there are nursing home horror stories here and there, but the facility where my mother now resides is a dramatic exception to such negative news. What I hope I've been able to capture in this novel is the sweet spirit of several patients, the genuine concern of the administration and management, and the caring attention of most nurses, aides, housekeepers, and others in support functions."
More on eTradeWire News
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- Andrew Winnett Named Contributing Author for ThinkAdvisor
- JackieBoy Entertainment and Comic Republic Global Network form partnership to launch new division of
- Mike Kaminski Named Contributing Author for ThinkAdvisor
- Northwestern Mutual-Chicago Wealth Management Advisor Honored for Philanthropic Service
This exhilarating and hopeful romance with copious amounts of humor, multi-dimensional characters, and unbelievable dialogue will captivate readers of all ages while nursing home employees, home health providers, family primary care providers, and veterans will also resonate with the story's central message.
"The Yuletide Caper" follows Matt Clarke, a down-on-his-luck 30-year-old, and an old WW2 combat veteran who briefly needs to stay indoors and snag a few warm meals. On a particularly cold Christmas weekend, Matt finds himself passing through a small Tennessee town when his truck is stolen…along with almost all his worldly possessions. An elder vet, the grizzled John Lester, decides to elicit Matt's help in an inventive caper he'd been working on. Matt has to quickly decide whether he will help this old geezer sneak into a nursing home, or just go on his way…alone. If they do manage to get inside, perhaps they can fool the helpful housekeeper and the skeptical (but lovely) young nurse, Lucia Alvarez. But what about the brusque aide who's a stickler for rules and the absence of a doctor's referral and other vital paperwork? One thing's for certain: Matt won't be able to accomplish much of anything by himself — he'll need several individuals to assist and others to turn a blind eye.
More on eTradeWire News
- Al Martinez Named Contributing Author for ThinkAdvisor
- Junior Achievement names Deborah Petrine to region's 30th annual Business Hall of Fame
- Southern Ocean Chamber & SBA Present Live Stream Work Shop on January 22
- Stitches On The Path To Here By Ingrid Restemayer
- Regional Mexican stars Calibre 50 release compilation album "Las Numero 1 de Calibre 50"
About the author
Besides fiction, J.L. Salter has published nonfiction monographs, articles, book reviews, and 120 poems; his writing has won 40 awards, including national contests. As a newspaper photojournalist, J.L. published 250 bylined articles or photos. Before working 30 years in librarianship, he was a decorated USAF veteran (including a remote tour in the Arctic). J.L. is a married parent of two and grandparent of six.
Chelsea Pieper, Media Liaison
- How can your business benefit from a non-compete, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation agreement
- SWFL seniors receive Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine at Gulf Coast Village
- Dollyhood Records Signs Distribution Deal With Sony!
- La Maquinaria Norteña releases 'Deluxe' edition of "En Las Buenas y En Las Malas"
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida expands E-Learning Hub to include full K-12 curriculum and more
- "Problems: a paradigm shift in Lean organizations" video now available
- Elite Jets Charters promotes Gustavo Botura to director of client services
- CPT Network Solutions launches CPT Voice
- 2021 ITAD Benchmarking Report shows 27.4% increase in average values for retired IT assets
- dataTaker and CAS Announce Fixes for Discontinuation of Adobe Flash
- Popular Book Details Real Estate's Secret Sauce for Selling Homes for More, in Any Economy
- West Coast Recording Artist, Composer and Actor, Blue Ragg$ Releases New Music & Theatrical Video
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Intellectual Property Expert Edward Livingston & Expands to Sarasota
- GRIFFIN Solutions Group Announces New CEO
- Available- 2016 Grey BMW 3 Series for Sale!
- Swaggerty's Receives Highest Possible Grade from BRC Food Safety Auditors for 8th Consecutive Year
- Why Indoor Air Quality Monitoring is becoming Critical in 2021
- 2016 Nissan Rogue for Sale in Toronto!
- Agile20Reflect Festival event submission deadline extended to 27th of January
- Be an Example, Get the Covid Shot