Popular on eTradeWire
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 191
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 142
- Actress Marcia Cross Hosts Virtual Town Hall with U.S. Representatives Kathy Castor (FL) and Dr. Kim Schrier (WA) on the "PREVENT HPV Cancers Act" - 139
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians - 138
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 123
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World - 117
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Oklahoma The Newest Meet Now App has Arrived "Sooner" than Expected!
- Antoine Dunn's LOSE IT ALL premiers on BET SOUL as Song Breaks BILLBOARD R&B Top 40 Charts
Similar on eTradeWire
- Debut Book Offers Guidance On Raising Your Personal Frequency To Access Your Highest Potential
- Keisha Allen Releasing Book 'Engaged: 9 Key Principles to Activate Your Life' October 25th
- New Book: Professor Charlatan Bardot's Travel Anthology to the Most (Fictional) Haunted Buildings
- Manifest Growth with Carol Boss' Generational Self-Discovery Event
- Roll design can help with eliminating web handling wrinkles
- Legacy Book on Managing Conflict and Change by Co-creator of the TKI
- Global Syndication Alliances Expanded
- No tricks only treats for Alexandria Living photographer Abigail Blalock
- Creating Global Citizens: Gulliver Books Announces Kickstarter Launch For Personalized Children's Books, Fully Funded The First Day
- Michael Finney Releases "Exploring Our National Parks, Volume 1" Video Series on Gumroad
Her father was killed in the first minutes of the riot, the only prison guard killed at the hands of inmates. But how did he die? Who were the killers? These questions haunted Dee and wreaked havoc on her psyche into adulthood. Finally, when she became a central figure in the Forgotten Victims of Attica, she began to find answers. What she learned began the process of her closure, and that of other victims' families, the former prisoners she met, and all of those who perished on September 13, 1971—the day of the "retaking," when New York State troopers and corrections officers at the Attica Correctional Facility slaughtered 29 rioting prisoners and 10 hostages in a hail of gunfire.
More on eTradeWire News
- Sip LLC Announces the Launch of Sip! Extraordinary Drinking Chocolate
- Get To Know Matt "MK" Kiatipis a little more!
- Matt Kiatipis (MK) Takes the Internet and Street Ball Basketball by Storm
- Mounts Botanical Garden Will Be Hosting 13 Events
- Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird's Personal Nutritionist launches the first Health NFT Project
There have been other excellent books on Attica, including Blood in the Water: The Attica Prison Uprising of 1971 and Its Legacy by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Heather Anne Thompson. Here is what the Thompson said about THE PRISON GUARD'S DAUGHTER:
"In the wake of the unimaginable trauma caused . . . at Attica 50 years ago, there were the callous many who chose to cover it up, and to deny that it had ever happened, and there were the courageous few who had to endure even more pain to make sure that there was some reckoning with this horrific event, and some measure of justice for its victims. This is the long overdue, and extraordinarily beautiful, story of one of the most courageous of those few, Dee Quinn Miller. Her determination, quite literally, changed history."
Dee took her case to the courts, where she sought restitution for her loss and those of the other Forgotten Victims of Attica. Her efforts lead to a large settlement for the families. The organization continues to push for the unsealing of the remaining thousands of pages of non-public riot records and a New York State apology.
More on eTradeWire News
- Hospitality Funding Arranges $60M Construction Loan for 212-Room Austin Cambria
- Save on Tutoring Lessons On All Courses At Learnalgebralessons.com
- ICS Australia is now calling for papers for its Closing the Gap Conference series
- TVS Pet Parade Network.Com Adds The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau to Winter Schedule
- Atheists Helping the Homeless, DC, Distribution Event, Silver Spring MD
Please contact Diversion Books to discuss the authors' availability for interviews as well as any information or artwork needed for a review or feature article.
- LaDàna – #FKLMdoc & Her Dedication to Justice-Impacted Youth
- How Bulldog Mobile Billboards Uses Experiential Advertising To Promote Businesses
- Radio Host and PR Star Adrienne Mazzone
- Snell & Wilmer Welcomes Justin B. Birtcher to Phoenix Office
- New Platform Launches Making It Easy to Shop Online for Ethical Products
- Financing - Auto Loan for any credit situation, Good/Bad Credit, Newcomer and Bankruptcy
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
- LA Small Business Development Center Network & PPE Unite to Distribute PPE to Area Small Businesses
- 2015 BMW Series on Sale in GTA!
- Used 2018 Lexus NX available for Sale at Our Dealership!
- Minority Owned Business Breaking into the World of Franchising
- Bee Removal Service that doesnt kill the bees!
- Hernando County Emergency Physicians Joins Emergency Care Partners
- Costacos Collection Announces Inaugural NFT Drop with Baseball Legend Willie Mays
- Dentist, Transformational Coach and Consultant, Dr. Teresa Faye Morris, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists
- Dairy Queen's Miracle Treat Day helps serve hope for kids Oct. 28
- Public-private Partnership Delivers Critical Resource To Los Angeles Foster Families
- The historic antebellum Adams French mansion home in Aberdeen, Mississippi is for sale, for $750,000
- 'Women In Real Estate' Host Empowerment Networking Event at Tower City In Cleveland, Oh
- Sacrifices Hold the Beauty of Forgiveness in Rachel Homard's The Black Circle