Popular on eTradeWire
- Yost & Company Proudly Joins Engage Advisors, Creating Leading Healthcare CPA Firm
- People & Stories/Gente y Cuentos Awarded over $20,000 in Grants including Princeton Area Community Foundation 2022 Community Impact Grant
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- Women Veterans Alliance Encourages Support and Empowerment of Underserved Women Military Veterans on Veteran's Day and Throughout the Year
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- Actionstep Unveils New Built-in Payments Solution – Actionstep Payments
- PC Bennett Partners with PDM Automotive to Bring More Aftermarket Functionality to AutoFitmentPlus
- "Reflections" of Iconic African Americans Light the Way
Similar on eTradeWire
- Jason Halbert Exits Apollo Health Products to Expand 3Back Group
- Netberg launches Aurora 810 platform for next-generation networks
- The best seo software just got a whole lot better with CORA 7.x
- Onlive Server Unveils France VPS Hosting Plans for Highly Flexible, Scalable and Robust Service
- QP Upends Social Networking with World First Social Access App
- Chris Raulf of Boulder SEO Marketing to Discuss Artificial Intelligence in Search Engine Optimization at SE Ranking's First Major Digital Conference
- Namify Becomes the First Business Name Generator to Offer Trademark Checks
- Onlive Server Offers Best VPS Hosting to Boost Website Performance and Gain More Visibility
- Knobull Shows Reasons Why Teams Outperform Individuals
- Roofing Company Michigan Launches New Website
Recent research showed that 80% of people who were on the receiving end of uncivil behavior lost work time worrying about the incident, and 63% lost work time attempting to avoid the person. Other than leaving the job, what can be done to navigate these inevitable workplace dynamics?"
Added research showed that most employed adults spend more time with coworkers than they do with family, and all of those hours together mean more time thinking about their jobs and the people associated with them. If we want to protect ourselves and the people around us from the fallout, we must improve our ability to navigate these situations more effectively.
When we have friction with someone else, we perceive it as a threat to our identity, sense of harmony at work, and even our career. Whether we are being chased by a bear or receiving a snarky email from a coworker, our body responds in the same way.
More on eTradeWire News
- Abundant Life Coach Dr. Arriel Cymone To Host Dynasty Masterclass
- Pop Up Holiday Sale at The Center for Contemporary Art
- Sensoria Health Speaking at Smart Haptics Conference in Seattle, December 7-8, 2022
- Bubba Puppin Adventure Dog new children's book release
- Southwest Florida Music Education Center names Jennifer Clark executive director
Being on the receiving end of our coworker's perceived bad behavior, we often tell ourselves a story about what is occurring and why. These stories are often laden with emotions and critiques - feel truthful to us when they are based on our brain's sense-making attempts rather than facts.
If we want to step out of our stories and choose a response that may build our relationship instead of breaking it down, we need to create mental space. There is a mental checklist to walk through to help with coping.
Adopt a curious mindset and explore what we don't know about this situation, the person, and our possible role in things unfolding the way they did. Don't waste time trying to convince your colleague to change. Focus instead on what you can do differently. Acknowledge that you and your colleague won't always see eye to eye. Ask yourself, what if I am wrong? What assumptions am I making?
Instead of thinking you are fighting them, imagine being on the same side of the table working through this together. Adopt a growth mindset: believe that you have something to learn and that the dynamic can change.
Bentley concluded, "This approach creates a Map for workplace dynamics. It helps you easily identify where you're going and the best route to take. When there is an incident, and there will be, it will help you find the best alternative route. It is guaranteed to help you navigate through or around your biggest workplace roadblocks!"
- Mission Cloud Announces the Launch of Mission Control, a First of Its Kind Cloud Services Platform
- 1.5+ Million Users on the WEBCEO SEO Platform: A New Milestone
- Natural Pet Food Group Celebrates Sustainability
- Actuated Medical Awarded NIH SBIR for the Miniature Ultrasound Beamforming Array (MUBA)
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona wristwatch brings $54,870 (Canadian) in Miller & Miller's Nov. 19th auction
- Benchmark International Facltd the Trans of MetroTech Electrical Contractors, Inc. to Michael Bowman
- GEO Jobe Donates to Gulfport Middle School's Robotics Team
- Non-Profit AHED Foundation, Form Partners, Highridge Costa Selected to Build Apartments in Kaka'ako
- Independent Music Initiative For Emerging Artists Joins Giving Tuesday Movement
- GloryBee Hires Farming Advocate and Product Innovator as Director of Procurement
- MBCEA Midwest Chapter Elects Jeff Wolgamott President
- Joseph Durnford Receives 2022 Industry Leadership Award and is Inducted into Hall of Fame
- Save Fuel - Add Power – Reduce Pollution – Low Cost – Guaranteed – ECOFuelMax
- NWDC finishes donation drive for Hurricane Ian
- One of North Carolina's Largest Charitable Clinics First in State to Offer Clinical Trials as A Care Option to Patients
- Circus Harmony Holiday Camps/Classes
- Sonnenblick-Eichner Company Arranges $22 Million Loan to Refi Doubletree by Hilton in Los Angeles
- Award-Winning Documentary "A New Home" Shares STL Bosnian Community with the World via Amazon
- Ocean Partnership for Children unveils refreshed brand identity
- The Morgridge Family Foundation Launches $1.4M Initiative to Disrupt the Child Welfare System