Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
Similar on eTradeWire
- SciTech to Present at Biotech Showcase 2020 in San Francisco
- oneservice AG, announces the appointment of Jonathan Mensch as the new President of oneservice Inc. North America
- Sage-N Research Introduces First AI Data System for Biopharmaceutical Proteomics
- NOUS Imaging Announces $6.6 Million in Funding for Brain MRI Software Solution
- 83bar Featured in Pharma Tech Outlook as a Top 10 Marketing Solution Provider for Pharma industry
- AXT Add Alvéole's Unique Cell Biology Platform to Their Life Science Portfolio
- PicoProbe™ Proline Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- SciTech Development Attending 38th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Advances in Regenerative Medicine through Exosome Therapy presented by Dr. Ducan Ross, founder of Kimera Labs at Perpetual Life
- Glutamate Decarboxylase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
So concluded experts from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the New England Journal of Medicine (http://iacld.ir/DL/elm/95/clarifying%20stem%20c...).
It turns out that a therapy based on transplanting living cells from donors into the patient's body is anything but simple.
The first key issue with stem cell therapy is the question mark over safety. Introducing foreign living cells into a system as complex as the human body is challenging.
From kidney failure to patients left blinded by stem cell therapy, a growing list of cautionary examples catalogue how things can go wrong when unproven stem cell therapies are used in the clinic1.
Dr Ian Dixon of Exopharm, Australia (https://exopharm.com/the-next-big-thing-exosomes-versus-stem-cells/), "We now know that the old working hypothesis for how stem cells exert their regenerative effects was wrong." Enter, Exsosomes.
More on eTradeWire News
- Innovative LED Sculpture, 'Exhibitionist,' Lights Up Popular Riverside Arts Town, New Hope, PA
- Arson Investigators & OSCR360 Team Network at NYS Arson Investigation Event
- How to Succeed in Competitive Network Marketing
- The Lashe® Announces New Professional Pricing for Lash Aftercare Products
- Steve The Medium Coming To Rude Rangers TV
As researchers from Oxford2 to Scripps3 have now concluded, it's the exosomes stem cells release, rather than the cells themselves, that impart the regenerative benefit.
"Exosome therapy would avoid all the problems of a therapy based on live stem cells and yet harness a natural regenerative capability from stem cells", says Dixon.
Tellingly, several biotech stocks established back in the early 2000's as stem cell companies have now shifted their focus into the promising field of exosome research.
1 Kuriyan, A. E., et al. Vision Loss after Intravitreal Injection of Autologous "Stem Cells" for AMD. New England Journal of Medicine 376, 1047 (2017)
2 Andaloussi, S. E. L., Mäger, I., Breakefield, X. O., & Wood, M. J. A. Extracellular vesicles: biology and emerging therapeutic opportunities (https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd3978). Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 12, 347 (2013)
3 Phinney, D. G. & Pittenger, M. F. Concise Review: MSC-Derived Exosomes for Cell-Free Therapy. Stem Cells 35, 851 (2017)
More on eTradeWire News
- Cask Government Services Appoints Kate Ehrle as President
- When Is the Best Time to Have Your Trees Pruned?
- Don't neglect your overall health – advice from cosmetic surgeon Mitchell G. Cohen, MD
- Lead, Inc. Trains Its First Class Of National Instructors
- Advance™ BMS uses PromoStandards to dramatically cut product search times
Exopharm Limited is an Australian regenerative medicine biopharmaceutical company which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange seeking to develop and commercialise exosomes as therapeutic agents – initially a product called Plexaris™ and later a product called Exomeres™.
These products are exosomes that are derived from human platelets in relation to Plexaris, and adult stem cells in relation to Exomeres, and purified using the LEAP Technology (https://exopharm.com/the-power-of-exopharms-lea...) and referred to as biologic products.
As its primary focus, Exopharm aims to be a leader in the field of human therapeutics using exosomes as regenerative medicine products for health span related conditions.
Dr Ian Dixon
+61 03 9111 0026
- Saturn Vehicle Warranty Alternatives Available from autopom!
- All-Inclusive Braces in Exton Cost Only $3,995
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Nick Nardello is promoted to Internet Director at Sun Toyota
- Cum Tribute Social Network CumOnPrintedPics.COM Infrastructure Update
- Homes By Taber Accepting Nominations for 2020 Taber Cares Partners
- Monitor Your Process Automation System Without A PC
- Diligence Capital Advisors Opens New Outpost, Leases Center City Philadelphia Office
- INI FormStudio™ Now Rated "Avaya Compliant"
- Ultrasonic Sensor Designer MaxBotix Inc. Adds Weather-Resistant Wide Beam Sensors to their Catalog
- Nonwoven calendering performs crucial steps in manufacturing
- Halfpricesoft.com Has Released The 940 form in ezPaycheck 2019 For End Of Year Processing
- A modern conference table can make you fall in love with meetings again
- Shell Point's 2020 Medical Breakthroughs & Discoveries series to offer free educational seminars
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes REVO Soccer Doral, LLC. as a New Platinum Member
- Vitria's Chris Menier Named General Manager of Digital Transformation
- Why you should hire commercial building contractors
- Rocksolid Surfaces Embraces Comprehensive Background Checks for Their Installers and Field Personnel
- Winter is emergency furnace repair season in Green Bay
- Vitria and Independent Analyst Charlotte Patrick: Customer-Centric Network Assurance Strategies Critical to NSP Future