Popular on eTradeWire
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 230
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 226
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 212
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 193
- Ashikaga Flower Park Celebrates 20 Years of Spectacular Seasonal Light-Ups - 192
- Author Pierre G. Porter Hosts Book Signing/Reading of His Romance Novel, "49 So Fine" in Philly - 163
- Are Rental and Sales Prices Contracting Or Will Demand Keep Prices Skyrocketing? - 134
- Teen Sensations Glam Squad Releases "Drippin'" feat. King Harris - 128
- The UK Clothing Brand That Is Growing Out Of Of Lock Down - 123
- UNice Hair Drops The Best And Biggest Black Friday Deals 2021 - 121
Similar on eTradeWire
- Brighton releases "Gatlin's Gateway" from novelist Catherine Astl
- "Rise Above Adversity" hits Amazon Best-Seller List
- "Phoenix Rising" takes college basketball fans through a mid-major success story
- Pandamoon Publishing Sets Date for Release of ROSEWOOD BURNING, Everly Series Book 2
- Why Publish your Digital Content with DCatalog?
- Author Pierre G. Porter Hosts Book Signing/Reading of His Romance Novel, "49 So Fine" in Philly
- New Photo Book Captures The True Uniqueness Of Redheads In A Collection Of Portraits Across England
- Former OEL/BL writer Tina Anderson returns with an English-language light novel series
- Meet Texan Author Patty Scott at Book Signing
- Customer Experience Expert Paul Rutter Releases "You Can't Make This Ship Up"
Border expert Klaus Dodds embarks on a journey into the geopolitical conflicts of tomorrow in an eye-opening tour of the world's best-known, most dangerous, and most unexpected border conflicts. From the Gaza Strip to the space race, in the Himalayas, the Mediterranean, and elsewhere, the tension inherent to trying to divide the world up into separate parcels of land and sea has not gone away.
Why now, more than ever, are we likely to see more walls, barriers, and securitization? Through the lenses of three types of border conflicts—climate change, technological change, and international discords—The New Border Wars tackles:
More on eTradeWire News
- Make an online Donation to Help Victims of the British Columbia Floods
- It is time for Respected Roots Twelve Days of Christmas Tour!
- The Team Integrity Knowledge Center Mentorship has successfully ended!
- 4 Top Ecommerce SEO KPIs to Track Your Way to Success
- A Unique Gift for the Person that Has Everything – A Soul Song Composed Just for Them
⋅ How, as mountains move and glaciers melt, global borders established by natural land markers thousands of years ago are becoming flash points of tension—where billions of people are living;
⋅ Continuing impasses like the one at the borders of North and South Korea or Indian and Pakistan, sites of conflicts that have been ongoing for multiple generations of families and citizens; and
⋅ Innovating techno and smart borders, where facial recognition, DNA collection, and virtual fences are increasingly collecting and harvesting our personal data.
The New Border Wars discovers just what borders truly mean in the modern world: how they are built; what they mean for citizens and governments; and how they help understand our political past and, most importantly, our diplomatic future.
Klaus Dodds is Professor of Geopolitics at Royal Holloway, University of London, and a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences. Since 2006, he has written a monthly geopolitics column for Geographical Magazine, and often joins panels at events and in the media (including on BBC TV and radio) on the subject of border issues.
Please contact Diversion Books to discuss the authors' availability for interviews as well as any information or artwork needed for a review or feature article.
- How can I talk to a live person at Facebook?
- Christmas Musical tribute for 'La Virgen de Guadalupe' Dec.12th at RudysLA!
- PB PHOTO CENTRE to Present WE ❤️ NY, Visions & Views of Two Great Photographers, Dec 13-Feb 12
- Carlitos Avilas Christmas Party!
- Sophia Prescott Of British News Special Report: Is Fresh Air Rent In The Near Future?
- The Glow Sonic® Magni Bead™ Facial Cleansing Brush Launches Internationally
- "A Westhampton Beach Christmas": Unexpected Romance Just in Time for the Holidays
- New Flip This Risk® Book Series by Debut Publisher Promotes Diversity in Risk Management Thought Leadership
- BEYA to honor the 36th annual Black Engineer of the Year
- Body Art & Soul Tattoos Opens New Tattoo Apprenticeship Location in Tampa, Florida
- Modular Mezzanines Make The Most of Vertical Space in Crowded Facilities
- Tactical Knife Set | Tanto's Exclusive Tactical Knife You Need Now
- ACEC/MA Announces AECOM as a 2021 Engineering Bronze Excellence Award Winner
- Prepare To Be Transported On December 10th
- Option traders think Hertz stock could reach $30 soon
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Patricia Lee Refo Awarded Medal of Honor From the World Jurist Association
- NAC Applauds Federal Bank Regulators for Updating & Clarifying BSA/AML Examination Manual Section on Banking of Independent ATM Companies
- Janover Ventures welcomes Kyle Okimoto to its Advisory Board
- 2024 President Candidate Alander Pulliam and his thoughts about Racism and Government
- SilkWeb Wins Bronze in 11th annual Best in Biz Awards